Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
All we've got so far is a tweet from this guy, but it's obviously pretty big, if true. Evidence he's been angling for the VP slot all along, and thinks Mitt's his best chance of getting the nod?

Quote:
Sources indicate Mike Huckabee is set to endorse Mitt Romney, adding another key element to Romney's Iowa strategy. Stay tuned

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I do not believe this. Not unless he is the only one left. Please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:26 am 
***** General

HuckPAC is already denying it.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

Post by cschande has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 am 
***** General

This might put a little damper on the flames:

Quote:
@McCormackJohn Oh. Snap. MT @SarahHuckabee: @stevescully just wondering, who are your sources? // mine tell me Huckabee unlikely to endorse in the primary

Someone's going to have some serious 'splaining to do!!

Post by cschande Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:34 am 
***** General

And now the definitive denials from Huckabee himself start rolling in:

Quote:
@jaketapper Huckabee definitively tells me the story he's endorsing Romney tomorrow is false. "I am NOT endorsing ANYONE in the primary," he emails.

Quote:
@jaketapper Huckabee: "Nothing of the sort--the 'source' is an uninformed total idiot. Quote me."

Quote:
@jaketapper Huck: "Where do people make up stuff like this out of the thin air? ...Plain and simple. Someone has more time than brains on his hands."

Post by cschande Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Quote:
@jaketapper Huckabee: "Nothing of the sort--the 'source' is an uninformed total idiot. Quote me."

:like

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, ohiorepublican09, Southern Doc, Steadfast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:27 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Tell us how you really feel, Mike. :lol: :like

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
hahahaha! I love Mike Huckabee <3

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
Drudge picked it up...apparently Drudge didn't get Huckabee's memo.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
Landon wrote:
Drudge picked it up...apparently Drudge didn't get Huckabee's memo.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Drudge just took it down...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
The truth is still tying to get its boots on as this lie gallups fully around the world in nano-seconds.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Who says Huck doesn't have any clout? :like

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
"Quote me."

:lol:

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Southern Doc wrote:
The truth is still tying to get its boots on as this lie gallups fully around the world in nano-seconds.

Well, the Truth does wear cowboy boots...

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Nothing new & obviously not an endorsement here - more like an endorsement of the ABO nominee. The last line is really annoying since we all know that Huck would make the same statement regardless of his viability as a VP pick & is hardly sucking up (& puhleeze, if this is sucking up, then Huck obviously doesn't know how to do it right! :lol: ).
Quote:
Mike Huckabee tells conservatives to prepare to back Mitt Romney

By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket – Mon, Nov 21, 2011.
Romney (Haraz N. Ghanbari/AP)

Former Arkansas governor and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on Sunday became the latest pundit to concede that while Mitt Romney may not be the perfect candidate, conservatives should prepare to support him as their nominee.

As Ben Smith reported, when Huckabee was asked Sunday by 77WABC New York "Investigative Radio" host Aaron Klein to comment on whether the tea party will sit out the 2012 election if former Massachusetts Gov. Romney is the Republican nominee, Huckabee responded with the following:

It would be real tragic if they stayed out because Mitt Romney may not be their first choice, but Mitt Romney every day of the week and twice on Sunday is gonna to be a much more effective president for issues that they care about than Barack Obama. And I think sometimes there is this anxiety within the Republican Party of who is the perfect candidate. The answer is: there isn't one. And so, what you find is you have to decide who can survive the process. And whoever that is-- and if it's Mitt Romney, then I think Republicans and conservatives and tea party need to get behind him and say, 'You may not be our first choice, but between you and Obama, I'll vote forty times to help get you elected.'

Huckabee's comments are the latest indication conservatives are readying one another to "hold their noses" and vote for Romney, who opponents on both sides of the aisle paint as the most moderate major Republican candidate in the 2012 race.

Last week, it was conservative pundit Ann Coulter who was dispensing the "get ready for Romney" advice.

"Everyone knows the nominee is going to be Romney," Coulter wrote in a column for Townhall Nov. 16. "That's not so bad if you think the most important issues in this election are defeating Obama and repealing Obamacare."

Myra Adams wrote for conservative PJ Media last month that "GOP primary voters must seriously consider who has the potential for wide national appeal in blue and purple states enough to make Obama a one-term president."

"And by 'holding their noses' a second time and voting for Romney in the general election, they will be rewarded by breathing in the sweet smell of victory on the evening of November 6th , 2012."

Of course, one major thing that sets other conservative thinkers apart from Huckabee is that Huckabee stands to personally benefit from praising and supporting Romney--the former governor is still regarded as a potential vice presidential pick, especially for someone looking to add conservative credentials to their ticket.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mike ... 11684.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
So what happened here? I suspect that somebody (some journalist/blogger, or aid in a campaign) purposely fabricated the lie to intentionally elicit a denial from Huckabee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:14 am 

Liked: 152
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Nothing new & obviously not an endorsement here - more like an endorsement of the ABO nominee. The last line is really annoying since we all know that Huck would make the same statement regardless of his viability as a VP pick & is hardly sucking up (& puhleeze, if this is sucking up, then Huck obviously doesn't know how to do it right! :lol: ).
Quote:
Mike Huckabee tells conservatives to prepare to back Mitt Romney

By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket – Mon, Nov 21, 2011.
Romney (Haraz N. Ghanbari/AP)

Former Arkansas governor and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on Sunday became the latest pundit to concede that while Mitt Romney may not be the perfect candidate, conservatives should prepare to support him as their nominee.

As Ben Smith reported, when Huckabee was asked Sunday by 77WABC New York "Investigative Radio" host Aaron Klein to comment on whether the tea party will sit out the 2012 election if former Massachusetts Gov. Romney is the Republican nominee, Huckabee responded with the following:

It would be real tragic if they stayed out because Mitt Romney may not be their first choice, but Mitt Romney every day of the week and twice on Sunday is gonna to be a much more effective president for issues that they care about than Barack Obama. And I think sometimes there is this anxiety within the Republican Party of who is the perfect candidate. The answer is: there isn't one. And so, what you find is you have to decide who can survive the process. And whoever that is-- and if it's Mitt Romney, then I think Republicans and conservatives and tea party need to get behind him and say, 'You may not be our first choice, but between you and Obama, I'll vote forty times to help get you elected.'

Huckabee's comments are the latest indication conservatives are readying one another to "hold their noses" and vote for Romney, who opponents on both sides of the aisle paint as the most moderate major Republican candidate in the 2012 race.

Last week, it was conservative pundit Ann Coulter who was dispensing the "get ready for Romney" advice.

"Everyone knows the nominee is going to be Romney," Coulter wrote in a column for Townhall Nov. 16. "That's not so bad if you think the most important issues in this election are defeating Obama and repealing Obamacare."

Myra Adams wrote for conservative PJ Media last month that "GOP primary voters must seriously consider who has the potential for wide national appeal in blue and purple states enough to make Obama a one-term president."

"And by 'holding their noses' a second time and voting for Romney in the general election, they will be rewarded by breathing in the sweet smell of victory on the evening of November 6th , 2012."

Of course, one major thing that sets other conservative thinkers apart from Huckabee is that Huckabee stands to personally benefit from praising and supporting Romney--the former governor is still regarded as a potential vice presidential pick, especially for someone looking to add conservative credentials to their ticket.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mike ... 11684.html

I've not been paying too much attention to politics anymore now that I don't have a horse in the race. I did hear Huckabee make some of the comments in this article. The title has been proven to be way off...but the author sure had one thing right: the former governor is still regarded as a potential vice presidential pick, especially for someone looking to add conservative credentials to their ticket.

IMHO Romney will need Huckabee as his VP if he wants any real chance to beat Obama.

Post by GrannyT Liked by: justgrace