Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
ConservTexan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Yeah, Paul surprised me that way, too.

Several people were complaining that Bachmann chose to criticize the property rights SCOTUS decision instead of Roe v. Wade.

Those people failed to recognize that Pam Bondi stated Bachmann could not include Roe v Wade in her answer.

:lol:

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
ConservTexan wrote:
I was happy to see Mike Huckabee getting kudos out there in the political world for his forum.

I thought it was very informative and well done.

My only disappointment was that Huckabee did not ask a question to each candidate himself. I am puzzled why he did not do that. He did ask one of Rick Perry-sort of a follow up.

I also enjoyed the AG's and Mike Huckabee on Justice following the forum talking about the candidates strengths and weaknesses in the forum.

Sigh...I still do not have a candidate to vote for.

I'm with you...I still have no idea who I'm going to support. :(

Actually.... forget my last post. I'm voting for Tim Tebow! Now, THERE'S a leader! :wink: :pompom

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:07 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
ConservTexan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Several people were complaining that Bachmann chose to criticize the property rights SCOTUS decision instead of Roe v. Wade.

Those people failed to recognize that Pam Bondi stated Bachmann could not include Roe v Wade in her answer.

Ya know I thought I had heard that, but with that constantly skipping stream I was trying to watch & those comments I decided I must not have. Should have known better! :lol:

Anyone hear anything about a big name over at National Review considering endorsing Santorum?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:14 am 
** General

Liked: 107
juditupp wrote:
Side note on the forum. Most interesting answer of the night was from Paul. They asked him if he thought any of the amendments to the constitution were a bad idea. I can't believe he didn't jump on that and answer the 16th!!!! That is the one that permitted the income tax, right? He totally failed me in the one area I agree with him on, lol!

I've taped the forum and haven't watched it yet. What was Paul's answer?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 am 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
ConservTexan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Ya know I thought I had heard that, but with that constantly skipping stream I was trying to watch & those comments I decided I must not have. Should have known better! :lol:

Anyone hear anything about a big name over at National Review considering endorsing Santorum?

No, but it would be Kathryn Lopez if it were anyone over there.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
General impressions:

~Thank you, Governor Huckabee, for an excellent idea and an informative, well-done forum of discussion. My husband and I, along with our house guests, were comfortable watching this show and not being ashamed of the Republicans for attacking one another.

~The focus of this debate was on the Constitution, a very good place to start when examining the beliefs and policies of Presidential candidates. Therefore, it was most appropriate that Attorneys General were bringing the questions. The next Huckabee candidate forum will be December 14 in Iowa, and the subject will be Abortion. If Gov. Huckabee follows the same format, we could see three pro-life legislators, doctors, justices, or heads of pro-life movements doing the questioning. Any suggestions for people you would like to have on the next panel?

~I had suspected Cain was withdrawing from the Presidential race when his name was not included in earlier announcements for this forum. I felt sorry for his wife and pray that he is innocent of charges of sexual misconduct. (It strikes me that Gingrich may get a pass on the seven-year affair he had with his present wife, etc.) Cain was targeted by the opposition media, liberals, and Democrats all along, for being a black conservative.

~Gingrich--I was disappointed. He did less well. Some new negatives came out that I was unaware of previously.

~Paul--just too kooky. If we lived in a perfect world, we could forget about laws. We would never have to go to war. We could ignore the rest of the world. If America could ever have survived isolationism it was in a different age. Today, cyber theft and attacks are instantaneous threats, any time, anywhere. And the Muslim extremist world wants to destroy America and Israel and will certainly do so if we ignore the dangers.

~Santorum--good answers, but I wish he could appear less anxious to be heard, personally. A good man. I hope he begins to broaden his appeal by focusing on the needs of those he would win over, more than boasting of his record.

~Bachmann--I thought she did her best ever. My guests liked her toughness and very informed, intelligent answers.

~Perry--He couldn't answer the question about executive order. It was a mighty short and confusing answer, saying he would just issue an executive order to get rid of Obamacare. That would be nice, but it would overturn the vote of the legislature, which is not possible. (Obama tries!)

~Romney--He is hurt each time he must answer questions about the similarities between Romneycare and Obamacare.

~I thought all the Attorneys General did well. It took a bit of getting used to this different format, but it was innovative of Huckabee, It sets a new precedent that I hope catches on.

Our guests commented that Paul and Gingrich are too old to run, since we live in an electronic age that only the younger can keep up with, and since Presidents age so quickly in office.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Poor Ron Paul - how embarrassing. Someone's going to (deservedly) get fired! [There's a pic at the NYT link]
Quote:
October 12, 2011

Raising Eyebrows

By JESSE McKINLEY

IT wasn’t quite the slip-up (or slip-down, as it were) most people expect during a presidential campaign, but whatever happened to Ron Paul’s eyebrows at Tuesday night’s debate certainly caught some viewers’ attention.

For those of you not yet riveted by the Republican race, Mr. Paul, the dark-horse libertarian with equally dusky brows, was a victim of hot lights, faulty adhesive or merely a devilish optical illusion when his right eyebrow seemed to dip toward the stage at Dartmouth College.

Seen on television, Mr. Paul appeared to have a second, thinner brow under the one headed south, creating a delicate X over his right eye.

Jesse Benton, a campaign spokesman, insisted that Mr. Paul had been the victim of the elements, namely a heavy pollen season in New Hampshire, and called accusations that he’d been artificially enhancing “stupid” and “insulting.”

“Dr. Paul’s allergies acted up a touch,” Mr. Benton said in an explanation that might raise some, you know, questions.

Not that Mr. Paul would be blamed for trying to keep up with bushy brows like Rick Perry’s, whose upper-eye area is full, or Mitt Romney, whose orbital outliers are sometimes speckled with gray. Whatever the cause, eyebrow toupees appear to be a flourishing business. Experts in the field of eyebrow maintenance said that if the falling follicles were artificial, the buck should stop somewhere. Marina Valmy de Haydu, the executive vice president of the Christine Valmy beauty schools, said most glues used to apply false eyebrows were designed to withstand the rigors of stage lights and intense questions about the national debt.

“Those glues are almost indestructible,” Ms. De Haydu said. “So whoever put it on for him did not put it on correctly.”

Not that anyone did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/fashi ... .html?_r=3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Poor Ron Paul - how embarrassing. Someone's going to (deservedly) get fired! [There's a pic at the NYT link]
Quote:
October 12, 2011

Raising Eyebrows

By JESSE McKINLEY

IT wasn’t quite the slip-up (or slip-down, as it were) most people expect during a presidential campaign, but whatever happened to Ron Paul’s eyebrows at Tuesday night’s debate certainly caught some viewers’ attention.

For those of you not yet riveted by the Republican race, Mr. Paul, the dark-horse libertarian with equally dusky brows, was a victim of hot lights, faulty adhesive or merely a devilish optical illusion when his right eyebrow seemed to dip toward the stage at Dartmouth College.

Seen on television, Mr. Paul appeared to have a second, thinner brow under the one headed south, creating a delicate X over his right eye.

Jesse Benton, a campaign spokesman, insisted that Mr. Paul had been the victim of the elements, namely a heavy pollen season in New Hampshire, and called accusations that he’d been artificially enhancing “stupid” and “insulting.”

“Dr. Paul’s allergies acted up a touch,” Mr. Benton said in an explanation that might raise some, you know, questions.

Not that Mr. Paul would be blamed for trying to keep up with bushy brows like Rick Perry’s, whose upper-eye area is full, or Mitt Romney, whose orbital outliers are sometimes speckled with gray. Whatever the cause, eyebrow toupees appear to be a flourishing business. Experts in the field of eyebrow maintenance said that if the falling follicles were artificial, the buck should stop somewhere. Marina Valmy de Haydu, the executive vice president of the Christine Valmy beauty schools, said most glues used to apply false eyebrows were designed to withstand the rigors of stage lights and intense questions about the national debt.

“Those glues are almost indestructible,” Ms. De Haydu said. “So whoever put it on for him did not put it on correctly.”

Not that anyone did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/fashi ... .html?_r=3

Allergies? THAT was the explanation? Ummm....we weren't born yesterday. Judge for yourself:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
A small thing, really. But isn't it odd how our human foibles and pride can trip us up! :wink: I would not want the world to know of some of my more embarrassing moments! A falling eyebrow would be hard to ignore, though. He must have felt it falling. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am 
***** General

:lol: Who in his staff was thinkin', boy, we better get the congressman some bushier eyebrows, otherwise he'll lose the eyebrow vote. Gotta get those demanding eyebrow voters!

G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:26 pm 

Liked: 340
Quote:
2.2 Million Watch Presidential Forum on Fox News

Fox News had a big ratings night Saturday with a Presidential Forum as part of a two-hour edition of “Huckabee.” The special was watched by 2.2 million Total Viewers and 408,000 A25-54 viewers. “Huckabee” outdrew CNN, MSNBC and HLN combined in Total Viewers and was up +94% compared to its 2011 average.

* Saturday, Dec. 4, 8-10pmET:

Network Total Viewers A25-54
FNC 2.21M 408K
MSNBC 468K 229K
HLN 457K 150K
CNN 424K 126K

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

Post by Peter has received Likes: 3 FirstCoastTerp, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
The big winner Saturday night was the forum format. We can only hope that it has a deep impact on future debates/forums. I liked the idea of the Gingrich/Cain LD "debate" but it was a dud. Mike did an excellent job and that format was more of what voters need to see to help them make an informed decision.

Post by FirstCoastTerp Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Miserere wrote:
:lol: Who in his staff was thinkin', boy, we better get the congressman some bushier eyebrows, otherwise he'll lose the eyebrow vote. Gotta get those demanding eyebrow voters!

:floor

I thought the same thing. How ridiculous. Now, when asked (as he was at The FAMily forum in Des Moines) if he had any regrets from his past, instead of giving that all important answer about not being as good of an athlete as he had dreamed to be, he will probably say that he wishes he had never listened to the idiot that advised him he needed bushier eyebrows!

I honestly didn't know false eyebrows existed. I guess living in Iowa prevents me from always being up on the latest fashion trends.

I'm sure all eyes will be on his eyebrows Saturday night as he takes the stage!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
I liked the format of the forum that Huckabee had on his show and that each candidate got equal time.

And I think the whole thing about Ron Paul's eyebrows is :lol:

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
ConservTexan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

I know, duh! Perhaps they should have listened to the question as carefully as Bachmann did. I actually thought that was one of her best answers of the night. I think that decision was abhorrent!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Huckabeliever wrote:
juditupp wrote:
Side note on the forum. Most interesting answer of the night was from Paul. They asked him if he thought any of the amendments to the constitution were a bad idea. I can't believe he didn't jump on that and answer the 16th!!!! That is the one that permitted the income tax, right? He totally failed me in the one area I agree with him on, lol!

I've taped the forum and haven't watched it yet. What was Paul's answer?

He basically didn't have an answer other then to say prohibition was a bad idea but revoking it was a great idea.