Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/12/09/rollins-huckabee-could-have-won

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Rollins seems like a bitter old man who is upset that he has no gravy train.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: Southern Doc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Ed Rollins tells the world "Huckabee Could Have Won"

In other news, Ed Rollins indicates that the Green Bay Packers are capable of defeating the Indianapolis Colts.

Thanks for the insight, Ed! I learned something new today.

(Forgive the sarcasm. Somehow, that article put reminded me of our current predicament and put me in a bad mood. Also, I can't help but wonder if maybe Rollins and his "strategy" may have been part of what unfortunately convinced Huck to not run).

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
TheValuesVoter wrote:

In other news, Ed Rollins indicates that the Green Bay Packers are capable of defeating the Indianapolis Colts.

(Forgive the sarcasm. Somehow, that article put reminded me of our current predicament and put me in a bad mood. Also, I can't help but wonder if maybe Rollins and his "strategy" may have been part of what unfortunately convinced Huck to not run).

Huck/Tebow 2012 !- "Because if you can explain it then it ain't a Miracle!"

:wave

mostly I've just been looking for an excuse to use that imodicon.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, ohiorepublican09, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 am 
Private

Liked: 12
TheValuesVoter wrote:

My comfort is believing that it was not any human being that convinced Mike not to run, but that it was God's Spirit alone who gave the check and restraint in his heart. I think back to when Mike's campaign was going to run that negative ad about Mitt (Dec. '08), and then God's spirit chastened him, that to win the election but lose your soul was not a good path. I have to think that the same Spirit guided Mike's decision this time around. Mike knows how to stand up to human "strategies." He doesn't like to say no to God. I'm still disappointed because I think Rollins is right. Conservatives don't trust Romney and Newt is filling the void that Mike would have held. But the jury is not in and we'll just have to wait to see what God does instead with this 200 year old American experiment in democracy.

Post by Lars E Schroeder Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Southern Doc wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:

Huck/Tebow 2012 !- "Because if you can explain it then it ain't a Miracle!"

:wave

mostly I've just been looking for an excuse to use that imodicon.

This thread was bringing me down until I got to your post, Southern Doc! :wink:
I'll join you :wave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 14
"Like Rollins, a lot of Republican operatives expected Huckabee to run. Not only was he the runner-up in 2008 to Sen. John McCain, he has strong name identification and a loyal following. He is also seen as much more conservative than Romney,..."

Funny, now that he's not running he gets credit for being the runner-up, and being more conservative than Romney. Wish the pundits had admitted this in 2008.

Post by twitter2 has received Likes: 6 All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT, juditupp, maryrae, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
In fairness, Rollins doesn't sound any more bitter than I did while I was still processing Huck's decision - which took a long, long time.

I have finally accepted it for what it is, but that doesn't mean I don't still wish things had gone differently & regret that they hadn't & hope that God is going to spring a miracle on us yet...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
In fairness to Ed Rollins I don't feel he is bitter either, just terribly disappointed with Governor Huckabee's decision. Rollins probably did a lot of work believing Governor Huckabee was going to run...I mean, who wouldn't believe he would jump in with him leading in the polls and having finished 2nd. If, indeed he did want to be president, this sure seemed like the time to go for it. I think I probably sound more bitter than Rollins does. Sorry....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
nrobyar wrote:
In fairness to Ed Rollins I don't feel he is bitter either, just terribly disappointed with Governor Huckabee's decision. Rollins probably did a lot of work believing Governor Huckabee was going to run...I mean, who wouldn't believe he would jump in with him leading in the polls and having finished 2nd. If, indeed he did want to be president, this sure seemed like the time to go for it. I think I probably sound more bitter than Rollins does. Sorry....

That's OK you've still got you guns and religion to cling to. :wink:

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, Miserere, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I thought I had processed Huckabee's decision, but I keep revisiting it now that my dissatisfaction with the field is still increasing. So I join those who are Rollins-bitter.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am 
Private

Liked: 19
I too border on the bitter side. I am still very disappointed in him. I feel he let the country down and just got comfortable with his wealth and fame. Someone said he will go down in history as the only one who could have won and didn't want it.-- In one of the most important races in history, I might add! Hope and pray that is not the case and he is just trusting God to work this out as only He can at this point.

Post by peggyp has received Likes: 2 goalieman, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
peggyp wrote:
I too border on the bitter side. I am still very disappointed in him. I feel he let the country down and just got comfortable with his wealth and fame. Someone said he will go down in history as the only one who could have won and didn't want it.-- In one of the most important races in history, I might add! Hope and pray that is not the case and he is just trusting God to work this out as only He can at this point.

Kind of agree w/ this......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
nrobyar wrote:

I agree with this and can definitely relate to how Rollins feels. I was so confident that Governor Huckabee was on the verge of announcing that he was entering the race for the GOP nomination that I personally stepped down from a national leadership position within the FairTax organization largely for the purpose of volunteering within the Huckabee campaign that never materialized. :wall

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:10 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Wanted to get the Huck discussion up and running again with this crazy poll just posted at Race:

Poll Watch: CBS News 2012 Republican Nomination Survey
CBS News 2012 GOP Nomination Poll

•Newt Gingrich 20% {15%} (10%) [8%] {7%}
•Mitt Romney 20% {15%} (21%) [17%] {16%}
•Ron Paul 10% {5%} (8%) [7%] {5%}
•Rick Perry 6% {8%} (6%) [12%] {23%}
•Michele Bachmann 4% {4%} (2%) [4%] {7%}
•Rick Santorum 3% {2%} (1%) [3%] {1%}
•Jon Huntsman 1% {1%} (1%) [2%] {1%}
•Someone else 19% {14%} (12%) [10%] {11%}
•Undecided/Don’t know 17% {17%} (14%) [18%] {22%}

Mind Made Up Whom to Support?
•Yes 21% {28%}
•Too early 79% {72%}

This poll shows 2 things: first is that the leader right now with a 16pt margin is "someone else/undecided".....that candidate is nearly equal to the next two combined. Furthermore, an additional 43% (79-36) say it is too early to make up their mind. Clearly there is a huge gap still in the GOP presidential candidates, and the voters are STILL in a place where they would race to get behind a candidate that actually excites them! I am not even saying it has to be Huckabee, but seriously; this is nuts. I just can't believe Huckabee can look at polls like this and completely shove off the thought of still getting in late. He would take Iowa with 50% of the vote and then make a focused effort in south carolina (skipping NH) with a write in campaign....then with florida. Ugh....im rambling, i know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Much as we all want that, how could Huck possibly pull together a national staff on virtually no notice at this point in the game? He wasn't even able to do it effectively in 2008 when he had plenty of time to coordinate things. It would take a ton of money at the very least; few people will work on a promissory basis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 am 
Major

Liked: 90
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Much as we all want that, how could Huck possibly pull together a national staff on virtually no notice at this point in the game? He wasn't even able to do it effectively in 2008 when he had plenty of time to coordinate things. It would take a ton of money at the very least; few people will work on a promissory basis.

Why dont you check his name recognition numbers last time as well as this time and then get back to me....everyone knows who mike huckabee is. The guy could seriously land in Iowa and within 48 hours he would be leading the polls there. I don't feel like I am exagerating.

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, higgybaby4huck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
karrboy84 wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Why dont you check his name recognition numbers last time as well as this time and then get back to me....everyone knows who mike huckabee is. The guy could seriously land in Iowa and within 48 hours he would be leading the polls there. I don't feel like I am exagerating.

You're probably right.