Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Today's the day that Governor Huckabee will be doing the abortion forum in Des Moines, IA. Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, and Santorum have announced they will attend. I am not sure if any others have. This will be the premiere showing of Huckabee's newly-produced documentary film on "The Gift of Life." The holiday season seems such an appropriate time to introduce such a film--as we focus on gift-giving and the birth of the Christ child!

This is a quote posted first on the Prayer group thread...

Quote:
Let's remember to pray for Governor Huckabee's schedule. He will be doing another forum and introducing the new film documentary, "The Gift of Life," on Dec. 14.

Jennifer Jacobs for the DesMoinesRegister.com reports:
Quote:
Quote:
A fourth presidential candidate has now committed to be at an abortion forum in Des Moines hosted by Mike Huckabee on Dec. 14.

Rick Perry will join Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum for the event – as well as the more than 1,000 Iowans who have RSVP’ed, organizers said.

An anti-abortion documentary “The Gift of Life” will make its debut that night. The documentary was produced by Citizens United, the company made famous by a U.S. Supreme Court case that opened the door for unlimited spending on election ads by corporations.

Also taking part will be Family Leader President Bob Vander Plaats, Iowa Right To Life Executive Director Jenifer Bowen, Citizens United President David Bossie, and “Mickelson In The Morning” radio host Jan Mickelson, said Jeff Marschner, a spokesman for Citizens United.

Three other presidential hopefuls – Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, and Jon Huntsman – have also been invited to attend the event and address the audience on right-to-life issues before the screening.

Here are the details:

WHAT: Citizens United Productions will premiere “The Gift of Life,” a documentary about abortion issues hosted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee

WHERE: Hoyt Sherman Place, 1501 Woodland Ave., Des Moines

WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 14. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m.

RSVP: This is a free event open to the public but attendees are requested to RSVP by going to http://www.thegiftoflifemovie.com/rsvp/ or by calling Citizens United Productions at (800) 362-4788.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
If Romney pulls a no-show, he might as well pack up his Iowa efforts and move them to New Hampshire. He needs all the pro-life cred he can get right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Looks like it will be on C-Span at 8 ET

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Abortion-C ... 737426276/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm 
***** General

Thank you for the link!

I am genuinely surprised that Romney & Paul are no shows. While Huck graciously excused those who had previous obligations this night & made it clear that they supported the effort, I totally agree with what he said next - the fact that 4 of the candidates cleared their full schedules to fit this in should count for something with voters! It's easy to say your pro-life, but walking the walk is where it really counts.

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 2 ConservTexan, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the official trailer for the documentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noapIwS1-Js&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
The Gift of Life event was wonderful. People around me were in tears at different points during the movie presentation. So much information shared that was new to me. So glad I got to attend and Gov. Huckabee looked very happy. He as usual did not use notes but never slipped or stammered... just talked with such ease and passion.

Post by janelles has received Likes: 3 IowaforHuckabee, mxnwilson, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 am 
Site Admin

janelles wrote:
The Gift of Life event was wonderful. People around me were in tears at different points during the movie presentation. So much information shared that was new to me. So glad I got to attend and Gov. Huckabee looked very happy. He as usual did not use notes but never slipped or stammered... just talked with such ease and passion.

Janelles, thank you, thank you for the report! How I would have loved being there, tears and all. You Iowans do have an advantage (along with all the stress of being first to caucus in the nation!) of getting to meet and greet people and see events like this. Kind of makes the disappointment of Huckabee not running more bearable, doesn't it? God is certainly using him in ways we could not fathom. Yes, this is a man of vision upon whom God has placed great tasks and whom God has equipped with unusual talents for these times. He is a leader for our nation, whether or not he happens to hold the office of President. I pray this movie may be widely used and blessed in its purpose. Life. How beautiful this gift we must protect and sanctify!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Janelle (or others who may have attended the event), could you tell us a little of the forum with political candidates? I could not find the link to watch. Did the candidates have allotted times to speak, as they did on Huckabee's FoxNews forum? Did you feel they spoke out of genuine passion to protect life?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
http://theiowarepublican.com/

This site has information on the Huckabee event.

Not having decided on a candidate I thought that all candidates did a fine job speaking on Life. I made the decision to go because I wanted to see Gov. Huckabee and the movie. The music, prayers... just everything was well done and well received.

Post by janelles Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
I found this on Twitter.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/CandidatesonA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Every one should view this DVD. Huckabee talks through the whole thing and sometimes you see him talk and other times you hear his voice. There is also footage from the 2008 campaign trail where the issue of life had come up. That was neat yet hard to watch!

This is a pro-life documentary that is not hard-hitting yet it is truthful so it is perfect for the mainstream. So many wonderful stories in it. I found myself crying through a lot of it. Sometimes pain and sometimes joy over people who chose life and what it meant for them or their baby. This film portrays America as a culture of life and how it is a moral issue and this country was founded on the right to life. Many amazing stories in here and as Huckabee said when he introduced it, "The way to advance the pro-life cause is not to break arms and legs, but to break hearts."

It is painfully obvious to see the talent Huckabee has and what a tremendous president he would make, but after seeing him last night and watching the documentary...I am at peace with his decision. I believe we are planted in a certain time at a certain place for a reason. Mike Huckabee has work to do fighting the good fight and I now understand the "not now" on running for prez. He still looks pretty young up there when compared to the other candidates currently running. His future is bright.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 justgrace, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much, Janelle, mxnwilson, and IowansRock for your comments and links. I have had the same feelings you mention while watching and reading about Huckabee's project. This is so warm and wonderful, so unlike much of politics. I trust each candidate who came and spoke was blessed, too, and got a bit of reprieve before tonight's conflict we call a debate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Two great articles about Huckabee, the documentary, and his visit to Iowa.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/us/politics/huckabee-welcomed-back-to-iowa.xml

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/285794/huck-and-miracle-life-his-life-kathryn-jean-lopez

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm 
***** General

I wonder if any of the Natl Review people are regretting their handling of 2008?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Iowans Rock wrote:

Thanks for the great articles. I have bookmarked them for later reference.