Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Quote:
HUCK'S ARMY FOUNDERS - THE HARRIS BROTHERS - JOIN THE FIGHT WITH SANTORUM

Urbandale, IA - Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum announced today that his campaign has received the endorsement of Alex and Brett Harris, co-founders of Huck's Army.

Alex Harris said: "Now is not the time for voters to settle for second or third best, not when we have a candidate like Rick Santorum. Rick is the strongest, most consistent conservative in the race. He is without question the best choice for evangelicals and social conservatives. Rick's record and experience qualify him to lead on the most pressing issues facing our country, because he's already done it. Whether it's welfare reform, Iranian sanctions, or partial-birth abortion, Rick has not only been on the right side of the issues, he's been leading the charge to get the job done."

Brett Harris said: "Rick Santorum has the same dark horse potential that fueled Mike Huckabee's surprise finish in 2008. You won't hear much about him from the mainstream media, but on the ground in Iowa he's connecting with voters and building momentum at just the right time. Conservatives of every stripe are beginning to realize Rick Santorum is their guy. He is rock solid on the economy, on foreign policy, and on faith and family. Rather than settling for the next 'so-so' candidate, Iowans are poised to deliver another dark horse to the national stage."

Rick Santorum said: "I am excited to receive Alex and Brett's endorsement today. They have been true grassroots champions for Governor Huckabee and the conservative causes we believe in. We need a strong conservative who will stand up for those principles of faith, family, and freedom that make America great, and I am committed to doing just that. I am looking forward to working with Alex and Brett to continue this fight and stand up against the dangerous agenda of the Obama Administration."

Please read the rest at the link:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... 4Xbw%3D%3D

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 GrannyT, miracleshappen, QuoVadisAnima
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Good!

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:35 am 
*** General

Liked: 14
Was excited to see this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
His constant presence and hard work in Iowa is paying off.
Tied with Bachmann and Perry at 10 percent.
New PPP poll:

Paul 24% (+1)
Romney 20% (+0)
Gingrich 13% (-1)
Bachmann 11% (+1)
Perry 10% (+0)
Santorum 10% +0)

Huntsman 4% (+0)
Roemer 2%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -lead.html

Iowa looks like a 2 person race between Paul and Romney as the campaign enters its final week. If Paul can really change the electorate by turning out all these young people and independents who don't usually vote in Republican caucuses, he'll win. If turnout ends up looking a little bit more traditional, Romney will probably prevail. And given all the strange twists and turns to this point don't be surprised to see yet another surprise in the final week...and based on the innards of this poll the person best positioned to provide that surprise in the closing stretch is Santorum.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Alex and Brett will be on the We Pick Rick radio show tonight at 9:00 cst. This is the link....

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wepickrick/2011/12/30/we-pick-rick-radio--guest-rick-santorum-9-pm-cst-12-29-11

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: miracleshappen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm 
***** General

Sen Santorum himself will be on the call they say.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 pm 
***** General

Sen Santorum is on the call right now. He said he was at a town hall meeting tonight and over 300 people were there.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
The truth about Santorum... He wants Huckabee supporters to think he is the next Mike Huckabee but take a look at what he said in 2008!!
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/02/01/a ... tt-romney/

"Mike Huckabee...is so wrong on national security; he is so unprepared at a time when our country is at war, to be commander in chief of this country. If he was running for governor of the United States he'd be seriously considered, but he's not. Maybe there's a time down the road that he'll understand the ramifications of the war that we have... If you're a conservative, there really is only one place to go right now.. I would even argue farther than that; If you're a Republican in the broadest sense, there is only one place to go right now, and that's Mitt Romney."

— Sen. Rick Santorum, 2/1/2008, 4 days before Super Tuesday

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
akprayingmom wrote:
The truth about Santorum... He wants Huckabee supporters to think he is the next Mike Huckabee but take a look at what he said in 2008!!

"Mike Huckabee...is so wrong on national security; he is so unprepared at a time when our country is at war, to be commander in chief of this country. If he was running for governor of the United States he'd be seriously considered, but he's not. Maybe there's a time down the road that he'll understand the ramifications of the war that we have... If you're a conservative, there really is only one place to go right now.. I would even argue farther than that; If you're a Republican in the broadest sense, there is only one place to go right now, and that's Mitt Romney."

I logged on here today to bring up this exact point. Santorum wants Huckabee voters, but where is he when Huckabee candidates are running for office? Did he endorse Huck in 2008 when it was beyond obvious that Huck was by far the most socially conservative candidate among the final 4 still left in the contest? No, Santorum did what he has always done, which is do the bidding of the beltway Washington crowd and attack the outside the beltway elite challanger. To me at least, Santorum is this years Fred Thompson, just there to take votes away from conservatives who actually have a chance to win the nomination in hopes that an establishment candidate like Romney might pick them as their VP. Sorry, Rick, you won't get my vote!

By the way, did you read Santorum's remark about "not fading away like Huckabee did after Iowa in 2008"? How did finishing with the second most delegates equate to "fading away"? Once again, Santorum takes a cheap shot at Mike, all the while wanting his voters. I hope Mike's voters in Iowa don't fall for his charade.

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
goalieman wrote:
akprayingmom wrote:

I logged on here today to bring up this exact point. Santorum wants Huckabee voters, but where is he when Huckabee candidates are running for office? Did he endorse Huck in 2008 when it was beyond obvious that Huck was by far the most socially conservative candidate among the final 4 still left in the contest? No, Santorum did what he has always done, which is do the bidding of the beltway Washington crowd and attack the outside the beltway elite challanger. To me at least, Santorum is this years Fred Thompson, just there to take votes away from conservatives who actually have a chance to win the nomination in hopes that an establishment candidate like Romney might pick them as their VP. Sorry, Rick, you won't get my vote!

By the way, did you read Santorum's remark about "not fading away like Huckabee did after Iowa in 2008"? How did finishing with the second most delegates equate to "fading away"? Once again, Santorum takes a cheap shot at Mike, all the while wanting his voters. I hope Mike's voters in Iowa don't fall for his charade.

If we rule out everyone who underestimated, misinterpreted, tried to marginalize, etc. Huckabee's candidacy in 2008 there are going to be a lot of good men and women who get thrown under the bus. Santorum endorsed another candidate last time around and did his best to distinguish his choice from the competition. Yes, it hurts a little that he didn't endorse our guy, but it's not like he hit Mike below the belt or anything.

Complaining about these comments from 4 years ago sounds either like a grudge that needs to be let go or attempting to help your own chosen candidate this time around by trying to tear down the competition. In a weak field Santorum is my guy. I agree he's no Huckabee, but that doesn't rule him out in my book, nor does the fact that he wasn't in Huck's Army with the rest of us.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 2 ohiorepublican09, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
cschande wrote:
If we rule out everyone who underestimated, misinterpreted, tried to marginalize, etc. Huckabee's candidacy in 2008 there are going to be a lot of good men and women who get thrown under the bus. Santorum endorsed another candidate last time around and did his best to distinguish his choice from the competition. Yes, it hurts a little that he didn't endorse our guy, but it's not like he hit Mike below the belt or anything.

Complaining about these comments from 4 years ago sounds either like a grudge that needs to be let go or attempting to help your own chosen candidate this time around by trying to tear down the competition. In a weak field Santorum is my guy. I agree he's no Huckabee, but that doesn't rule him out in my book, nor does the fact that he wasn't in Huck's Army with the rest of us.

In a world in which values are less important to people, where we have a massive disregard for the value of human life, and where we have very few politicians who have actual principles, it's not that common to find a politician who is undoubtably and consistently pro-life. It's even rarer when that individual is a decent communicator. Rarer still when they have a decent amount of experience, a clean record, and a likeable personality. There just aren't that many people with all of those traits lying around for the pickings.

We got spoiled a bit by Huckabee, who is the rarest of the rare of American politicians. There just isn't anyone else out there like him. So, while Santorum is no Huckabee, it's still not that common to find someone who you know shares your values, does so consistently, who can articulate his/your perspective well and who doesn't have a lot of dirt on him which could be used to stop him in his tracks. There are no other Mike Huckabees around for the public to support. But there aren't all that many Rick Santorums in poltiics either. Much more common is the politician who is either has a willingness to compromise, who has a reputation that will make it difficult for them to succeed, or both.

To me, it's like the idea of trying to hire someone to run your company. You have a candidate who is very smart, very hard working, seems to be extremely honest, has some good ideas, and passed a rigorous background check. In a world in which some applicants lie on their resumes, others have reputations for being hard to work with, have faced negative allegations about their character or who just don't seem to be that intellectually quick, this candidate, while not nearly as good as your former chief, has a lot of strengths. While you're thinking about whether or not to hire this guy instead of some of the others who not have the same record as he does, are you going to turn him away just because he chose to work for a competitor instead of for your company four years ago?

I wish there was a large stable of pro-life, pro-marriage, experienced, articulate candidates who don't have a lot of baggage that people could throw at them and who have some decent ideas for creating jobs. But I don't think there are that many people who fit all those categories. And so, while he's no Huckabee, I am choosing to not hold his endorsement for Romney against him. Although I hated it when that happened and it hurt our guy a lot, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Especially since the menu is quite limited.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
TheValuesVoter wrote:

I wish there was a large stable of pro-life, pro-marriage, experienced, articulate candidates who don't have a lot of baggage that people could throw at them and who have some decent ideas for creating jobs. But I don't think there are that many people who fit all those categories. And so, while he's no Huckabee, I am choosing to not hold his endorsement for Romney against him. Although I hated it when that happened and it hurt our guy a lot, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Especially since the menu is quite limited.

Exactly. And the same goes for those of us who support Newt.

I wish there was a large stable of pro-life, pro-marriage, experienced articulate candidates who don't have a lot of baggage that people could throw at them and who have some decent ideas for creating jobs. But I don't think there are that many people who fit all those categories. And so, while he's no Huckabee, I am choosing to not hold his three marriages against him. Although I hate that it happened and it hurt a lot of people, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Especially since the menu is quite limited.

Glad we can agree on this and respect each other's choices. :D Happy Iowa Caucus day.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:

Exactly. And the same goes for those of us who support Newt.

I wish there was a large stable of pro-life, pro-marriage, experienced articulate candidates who don't have a lot of baggage that people could throw at them and who have some decent ideas for creating jobs. But I don't think there are that many people who fit all those categories. And so, while he's no Huckabee, I am choosing to not hold his three marriages against him. Although I hate that it happened and it hurt a lot of people, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Especially since the menu is quite limited.

Glad we can agree on this and respect each other's choices. :D Happy Iowa Caucus day.

We can definitely agree to disagree, and can do so amicably. I hope you have a great Caucus experience ... I wish I could be there. It's got to be quite the scene.

God Bless and have a great day!!

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
cschande wrote:
goalieman wrote:
akprayingmom wrote:

As you can see by my state of residence, I'm quite well familiar with Mr. Santorum. What he did in 2008 by backing the establishment candidate and belittling the conservative in the race is what he has always done in these situations, as has been well documented here. The fact for me is that there are other candidates in this race who are just as strong on the family values issues as Santorum but who can also go the long haul versus Romney in this primary. That, coupled with Santorum's past actions are why he wouldn't be my pick among this field of candidates.