Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm 
Captain

Liked: 26
As usual, when I wanted information on the Iowa Caucus results, I came to Huck's Army. Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter the discussion. I value each and every opinion, and I always find an honest, grassroots perspective that I don't find anywhere else.

May God's blessings be with you all, and may you have a joyous new year.

Post by Hannamarar Liked by: NJ Huck Supporter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
So Bachmann's out but Perry tweeted he's off to contest South Carolina. That's too bad because Perry will keep Santorum from having a shot. Perry's gonna "Fred" Santo. How much is Romney paying Perry to stay in? :|

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: twitter2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Miserere wrote:
So Bachmann's out but Perry tweeted he's off to contest South Carolina. That's too bad because Perry will keep Santorum from having a shot. Perry's gonna "Fred" Santo. How much is Romney paying Perry to stay in? :|

Maybe Huckabee should return the favor and tell Perry to drop out.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 Indiana4Huck, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
Quote:
Maybe Huckabee should return the favor and tell Perry to drop out.

Oh, yes he should. :lol:

I think Perry staying in does change SC. I think he's going after the active/retired military vote that IMHO is up for grabs. He takes votes away from Santorum possibly. I still think SC is going to be a key state as always.

I tried to log on to Rick Santorum's site today and it had crashed. I think that's a good sign that I wasn't the only one logging on. :D

Did anyone else hear Huckabee on Tuesday (can't remember which interview) state that Thompson stayed in at the request of McCain? I've seen that in print but don't recall actually hearing Huckabee say it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:11 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
brownkb wrote:
Did anyone else hear Huckabee on Tuesday (can't remember which interview) state that Thompson stayed in at the request of McCain? I've seen that in print but don't recall actually hearing Huckabee say it.

I heard it. I'm glad he's finally coming out and saying it. :like

Post by Huckabeliever has received Likes: 2 twitter2, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Huckabeliever wrote:
brownkb wrote:

I heard it. I'm glad he's finally coming out and saying it. :like

We've known it for a long time...the truth does always come out in the long run, doesn't it?

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Indiana4Huck wrote:
Congratulations Santorum!

The saddest part about this whole night was Mike showing up to give his analysis in a purple tie :balling

Seriously? A purple tie? That is a heart wrencher. :cry:

Maybe it was some type of hidden message? You know, like that floating cross he stuck in the commercial???? :lol:

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:32 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/conservative-elites-to-huddle-109557.html
By JONATHAN MARTIN | 1/4/12 9:48 AM EST
A group of movement conservatives has called an emergency meeting in Texas next weekend to find a "consensus" Republican presidential hopeful, POLITICO has learned.

"You and your spouse are cordially invited to a private meeting with national conservative leaders of faith at the ranch of Paul and Nancy Pressler near Brenham, Texas, with the purpose of attempting to unite and to come to a consensus on which Republican Presidential candidate or candidates to support, or which not to support," read an invitation that is making its way into in-boxes this morning.

The meeting is being hosted by such right-leaning figures as James Dobson, Don Wildmon and Gary Bauer. Many of the individuals on the host list attended a previous closed-door session with Rick Perry this summer.

Movement conservatives are concerned that a vote split between Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum among base voters could enable Mitt Romney.

A source who shared the invitation said the meeting was about how to avoid such a possibility.

Despite his distant fourth in Iowa, Gingrich has shown no inclination to quit the race.

Now, if the meeting were held at the Ranch of Mr. and Mrs. Chuck Norris..............

Well, we know who Wildmon favors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
steves wrote:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/conservative-elites-to-huddle-109557.html
By JONATHAN MARTIN | 1/4/12 9:48 AM EST
A group of movement conservatives has called an emergency meeting in Texas next weekend to find a "consensus" Republican presidential hopeful, POLITICO has learned.

"You and your spouse are cordially invited to a private meeting with national conservative leaders of faith at the ranch of Paul and Nancy Pressler near Brenham, Texas, with the purpose of attempting to unite and to come to a consensus on which Republican Presidential candidate or candidates to support, or which not to support," read an invitation that is making its way into in-boxes this morning.

The meeting is being hosted by such right-leaning figures as James Dobson, Don Wildmon and Gary Bauer. Many of the individuals on the host list attended a previous closed-door session with Rick Perry this summer.

Movement conservatives are concerned that a vote split between Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum among base voters could enable Mitt Romney.

A source who shared the invitation said the meeting was about how to avoid such a possibility.

Despite his distant fourth in Iowa, Gingrich has shown no inclination to quit the race.

Deja vu all over again. Santorum's win is being dismissed as a fluke and that he can't compete nationally because he doesn't have the money. Perry & Bachmann are staying in to dilute the conservative vote in SC even though they really don't have a viable chance at this anymore. It's like watching a replay of 2008. If conservatives can't get united, we might as well just hand Romney the nomination and save ourselves a lot of blood, sweat, money and tears. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 pm 

Liked: 152
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Deja vu all over again. Santorum's win is being dismissed as a fluke and that he can't compete nationally because he doesn't have the money. Perry & Bachmann are staying in to dilute the conservative vote in SC even though they really don't have a viable chance at this anymore. It's like watching a replay of 2008. If conservatives can't get united, we might as well just hand Romney the nomination and save ourselves a lot of blood, sweat, money and tears. :(

I heard that Bachmann suspended her campaign. Rumor is that suspending means they can still collect money. I'm not sure if she could use that money to run for a different office (such as trying to keep her Congressional seat) or only for things like paying off any outstanding bills.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:19 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Okay, I just read this, came over here to post it & see you all are already talking about some of it. I've got a bad feeling about this!

EXCLUSIVE: Ron Paul May Have Just Secretly Won Iowa

http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul ... n=politics

Yep, that's exactly what they did. They came armed with stickers and handouts, even some small tv station camera guy with a tv camera, and some were taking video and pictures on their cameras while their representative spoke, etc. Then when most other people left after voting for the Presidential candidate, they stuck around and got themselves voted in as delegates.

The only thing positive I can think of with this is that before, most young people weren't in the least interested in politics. The Ron Paul movement has gotten them interested and involved and to their first caucus. As they mature and have families of their own, they may realize that it's not all about getting their weed legalized and some of the other ideas that appeal to the youth, but may stay involved in politics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:21 pm 
***** General

GrannyT wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

I heard that Bachmann suspended her campaign. Rumor is that suspending means they can still collect money. I'm not sure if she could use that money to run for a different office (such as trying to keep her Congressional seat) or only for things like paying off any outstanding bills.

Yes, I listened to her speech. She is "stepping aside" and also said "no longer running for the Presidency" (or something similar), so she is out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm 
***** General

Ironic that Perry has decided to stay in after all & Bachmann is now getting out! Still dilutes the conservative vote, though. I am very much inclined to join my fellow cynics here in believing that Romney was a factor in Perry's decision to stay in for SC. :wall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 pm 

Liked: 152
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Okay, I just read this, came over here to post it & see you all are already talking about some of it. I've got a bad feeling about this!

EXCLUSIVE: Ron Paul May Have Just Secretly Won Iowa

http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul ... n=politics

Yep, that's exactly what they did. They came armed with stickers and handouts, even some small tv station camera guy with a tv camera, and some were taking video and pictures on their cameras while their representative spoke, etc. Then when most other people left after voting for the Presidential candidate, they stuck around and got themselves voted in as delegates.

The only thing positive I can think of with this is that before, most young people weren't in the least interested in politics. The Ron Paul movement has gotten them interested and involved and to their first caucus. As they mature and have families of their own, they may realize that it's not all about getting their weed legalized and some of the other ideas that appeal to the youth, but may stay involved in politics.

What if several Democrats crossed over to vote in a Republican caucus and then hung around to become a Republican delegate in an unbinding race? Ron Paul scares me but this scares me even more.

Post by GrannyT Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Well let's see, what did we learn from the talking heads today about the Iowa caucus.......

Rush repeated the McCain/Huck WV conspiracy lie, everyone said Newt is mad and we really want to vote for Romney but just can't bring ourselves to do so. They make it so easy for us. :roll:

As glad as I am that Santorum denied Mittens the big victory he wanted, I still think Newt has a chance to win this thing. Newt is still doing very well in the Gallup national poll and in states like SC and FL. Perry hanging around is a problem for both Newt and Santorum, so I hope he gets out. I doubt Perry is staying in to willingly help Romney, but it will have that effect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
goalieman wrote:
Well let's see, what did we learn from the talking heads today about the Iowa caucus.......

Rush repeated the McCain/Huck WV conspiracy lie, everyone said Newt is mad and we really want to vote for Romney but just can't bring ourselves to do so. They make it so easy for us. :roll:

As glad as I am that Santorum denied Mittens the big victory he wanted, I still think Newt has a chance to win this thing. Newt is still doing very well in the Gallup national poll and in states like SC and FL. Perry hanging around is a problem for both Newt and Santorum, so I hope he gets out. I doubt Perry is staying in to willingly help Romney, but it will have that effect.

Were Huckabee in the race, I would not be thinking we need to have Newt's ideas and solutions so much. Santorum has the personal character and family ideals that America needs to see in a leader. But beyond doing well in answering debate questions, he has not convinced me that he has ideas big enough or the ability that Newt does to bring America back from the brink. Newt is tough, and he has been fighting for the preservation of religious freedom in America, for Israel, and for turning back the loss of our nation's greatness to other nations. His personal life is flawed; he has made some mistakes, for which he is repentant, but he has the record of helping Reagan accomplish the Reagan Revolution, etc. including welfare reform. He helped turn the House Republican after forty years under Democrat control. And he also got the highest conservative rankings for a House member, as well as the highest rankings for pro-life legislation of any of the candidates. (98.6%)

Post by justgrace Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 pm 
***** General

Washington was not "an idea man" - why was he so popular that he could have been the new line of royalty in this country?

Lincoln was not "an idea man" - why is he considered one of our best presidents?

Reagan was not "an idea man" - why was he so effective and well liked?

Huckabee is not "an idea man" - why are we convinced that he would be the perfect POTUS?

Why do "idea men" tend to make bad leaders?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm 
***** General

Interesting that Newt is winning on Fox News' post Iowa poll. I think many, like myself, like the "old" Newt. 8)

Interesting that many pundits who think Santorum could win the nomination after getting 25% of the Iowa vote discounted Huck's chances four years ago after he got over 40% of that vote. It doesn't appear to me yet that Santorum has the same grass roots support across the country that Huck did in 2008. That could change, of course. It's also interesting how many conservatives (actual and perceived) are willing to overlook Santorum's non-conservative votes/endorsements but thrashed away at any alleged inconsistancies on Huck's part. Not sure if it's a lack of consistancy on the part of these pundits or a prejudice against southern evangelicals. I doth wonder.

Mittens has to be defeated in SC, so whoever can do that, I'm for!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:00 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Washington was not "an idea man" - why was he so popular that he could have been the new line of royalty in this country?

Lincoln was not "an idea man" - why is he considered one of our best presidents?

Reagan was not "an idea man" - why was he so effective and well liked?

Huckabee is not "an idea man" - why are we convinced that he would be the perfect POTUS?

Why do "idea men" tend to make bad leaders?

Reagan and Lincoln weren't "idea" men? Don't know about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm 
***** General

I don't believe they were. They were principled men who stood firm on those principles.

All of them were/are wise enough to be able to listen to the ideas of idea men and gauge their applicability and effectiveness in the real world - and that I would argue, is a large part of the reason for their being great leaders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next