Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am 

Liked: 152
Romney's Super PAC hit Gingrich hard in Iowa. Gingrich is fighting back. "Vetting" or "lies & distortion" seems to depend on who the negative things are being said about. When Romney and his goons were saying things about Newt they called it vetting. Now that Newt is saying things about Romney it's "lies and distortion". They don't seem to like it when "what goes around comes around". Here's Newt's new ad that I'm sure will be running in South Carolina soon if it isn't already:

Rombots on Race42012 fired back with an article about Newt that I'd like to ask some of our Huck's Army Gingrich supporters about.

Is this article true :?: Examples of Gingrich comments in favor of federally-funded abortion, stem cell research

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Romney/Gingrich war
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 pm 

Liked: 152
I've noticed there have been several views of this thread but no one has answered my question. Are the things in the article true? Is this true :?:

Quote:
...House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Sunday supported the availability of federally financed abortions for poor women who are victims of rape or incest and expressed opposition to organized school prayer,...

Also asked that year on CBS’s “Face the Nation” whether he agrees with Republicans who oppose federal abortion payments in cases of rape or incest or to protect the life of the mother, Gingrich answered: “No. First of all, I think you should have funding in the case of rape or incest or life of the mother, which is the first step.”...

Gingrich answered: “Well, I agree with Senator Bill Frist, as the only medical doctor in the Senate and as a world-class heart surgeon. I think that there are ways to have appreciation for life, to recognize the sanctity of life, but nonetheless to look at fertility clinics where there are cells that are sitting there that are not going to be used to create life. They literally today, they’re unregulated, they can be thrown away. And I think the president, I hope the president, will find a way to agree that there ought to be federally funded research.”...

...Gingrich addressed the RNC meeting on Jan. 16, 1998, calling for tolerance of candidates who support partial-birth abortion, saying he would campaign for them.

According to the Huck's Army poll over 40% support Gingrich. IF these things are true - why would anyone claiming to be pro-life support Gingrich :?: Please, will one of you weigh in on this :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:04 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I dont know if any of this is true.Would be curious to know also. Just know what Iowa Right To Life stated,after negative robot calls,when they defended him.

quote from LifeNews.com
The calls are inaccurate, as Gingrich compiled a 98.6 percent pro-life voting record on pro-life issues ranging from abortion to embryonic research during his time in Congress. For the 20 years that Gingrich served in Congress (1979-1999), Gingrich supported the pro-life position in 70 out of 71 votes.
Gingrich voted in favor of a ban on partial-birth abortion and also voted to cut federal funding to organizations that perform or promote abortions abroad, including the United Nations Population Fund, which is complicit in carrying out China’s One Child Policy. In addition, Gingrich supported restrictions on funding for assisted suicide.
Gingrich recently restated his pro-life views, saying he believes life begins at conception, or fertilization.
“As I have stated many times throughout the course of my public life, I believe that human life begins at conception,” Gingrich said in the statement. “I believe that every unborn life is precious, no matter how conceived. I also believe that we should work for the day when there will be no abortions for any reason, and that every unborn child will be welcomed into life and protected by law. That is why I have supported, and will continue to support, pro-life legislation that not only limits, but also reduces, the total number of abortions, with a view to the eventual legal protection of all unborn human life,” Gingrich continued.
Talking about what he would do initially as president, Gingrich said:  “As I have also stated in the past, on day one of my administration, I will sign an executive order reinstating Ronald Reagan’s Mexico City policy that prevents taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions overseas. I will also work with Congress to repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood so that no taxpayer dollars are being used to fund abortions but rather transfer the money so it is used to promote adoption and other pro-family policies, and to enact legislation that provides greater protections for the unborn.

With his good record, these statements dont make sense.I would love to hear what Newt has to say about these articles.

Post by FL4Huck Liked by: 4Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 24
Ron Paul's looking better and better to me. . . . (huge sigh) .

Received a survey in the mail yesterday from "Big Brother" who wants to know if I own any livestock or poultry. My first thought was, "Nun-ya" but the letter said it was required to fill out. I got online to do some research and found out that it is voluntary but they word it to make you believe it is required to fill out.
Under a Ron Paul presidency these things probably won't happen. I am sick of big government.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
conservativevoter wrote:
Ron Paul's looking better and better to me. . . . (huge sigh) .

Under a Ron Paul presidency these things probably won't happen. I am sick of big government.

That's some kind of comedy routine just to cheer us up about Romney winning right? (no offense)

Did you know his supporters physically harassed and called Santorum a 'bigot'? Or how about the crazy chanting at Paul's speech last night like and angry mob with pitchforks?

You might want to look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26138

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:24 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Granny T--I don't know about the stem cell research, but it is my understanding the writer is referring to the Hyde Ammentment that allowed certain language to be in it in order to get it passed in the House and Senate. Both Newt and Santorum have agreed on these positions to allow the rape and incest clause to be included in the bill in order to get it passed as a bi-partisan effort. Santorum addresses this issue in an interview with Tim Russert in his '06 re-election debate. In one of Newt's recent inverviews, he acknowledged the same opinion as Santorum--that he believes all abortions should be illegal, but sometimes it's hard to get a bill passed without the rape and incest exception clause:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Rick_ ... ortion.htm

Read the script that is provided under the heading of "rape and incest."

Post by mxnwilson has received Likes: 2 4Huckabee, Grant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Yes, it's true the Speaker supported federal funding of embryo-destructive stem cell research. It's been pointed out here at HA before.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Gingrich has stated that he has never supported embryonic stem cell research "per se", but supports research that involves taking "embryonic stem cells" from placental blood that does not involve the loss of a life. This would be considered adult stem cell research, not embryonic stem cell research. In this case, Gingrich simply misunderstood and had his terminology wrong, but he is clearly against actual embryonic stem cell research.

Also...

Quote:
pro-life former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told voters at a town hall meeting that he opposes abortions done on unborn children in the very rare cases of rape or incest.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/03/gingrich-says-he-opposes-abortions-in-cases-of-rape-incest/?pr=1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
National Right to Life compares the candidates here:

http://stoptheabortionagenda.com/files/20120106-potus-non.pdf

NRLC also gave Gingrich a 98.6% pro-life rating for his terms in Congress. One could not get such a rating without being consistently pro-life.

And when one was in leadership of the House in the 1990's and been part of so many bills back when it was not nearly as easy to be pro-life as now (the public sentiment is now more like 60% in favor of pro-life positions), Gingrich stands out for courage and dependability as a leader. The need for the strongest leader, with the greatest record and capability to work to gain support (even of Pres. Clinton!) is why we need Gingrich, I truly believe.

This is not a contest of who is most pro-life, of tearing each other down. Both Santorum and Gingrich have some problems, not carrying their pro-life positions out as far as we may wish in the face of politics and legislating. It may be unrealistic to ask any more of Gingrich. Seventy of seventy-one votes, fully pro-life by the NRLC? This is a record true pro-lifers ought to applaud! It is unbelievable what Gingrich and Henry Hyde were able to achieve by sheer guts and perseverance in a very pro-abortion era.

We need to be very careful not to tear down our champions of life and let a moderate like Romney get in. He is not a true protector of life, liberty, the middle class, or the Constitution. He is an opportunist, as proven by the video about Bain Capital, etc. We need to find a way to defeat him and find a pro-life conservative who could defeat Obama. (Here come some tears, again, because Gov. Huckabee could have done that best and we would all unite on that.)

It is true in Congress that senators or representatives have to sometimes vote for bills that have provisions to protect life that they think do not go far enough. It is wrong and unfair to say that Newt Gingrich supports abortion in any way, especially at present. The hardest thing for any of us, if we are honest, has probably been this very problem. Most people take the side of the mother against the child in cases of rape or incest out of sympathy for the mother. But that is changing, too. That is often the last hurdle to pass before one becomes as "pro-life" as most of us here.

I know that Gingrich now fully supports the right to life of the child no matter how he or she was conceived; he understands the Constitutional protections for all life in a way few others do. One reason he became a Catholic is for his support of life issues. He spoke (I am not sure when) with his Monsignor, who also helped him to come out firmly for life from conception, even in cases of rape or incest. But to pass bills to do that will take more time and convincing for the American people to justify it, too. The problem with representatives is that they cannot do all they want at once.

We need a warrior for life, the Constitution, and for fiscal sanity in the United States. We need someone with the toughness of a Gingrich, who has also written a book called Rediscovering God in America that shows his vision for protecting our religious heritage and liberty. It is not enough to have pro-life votes and positions; one must also be able to articulate and convince others to follow, as Gingrich has. He has the boldness to realize and state that, without respect for religious freedom and the Christian basis for the Constitution and law, our nation will be finished as a free nation. America is in the midst of a cultural war and one for the hearts and minds of freedom-loving people. He understands the threats to freedom of the Islamic jihad in the Middle East that is threatening Israel, first, but also Europe and America (which Ron Paul ignorantly, obstinately ignores). On all scores, I deeply believe that Gingrich would be the best to return our freedoms and fiscal soundness of any of the candidates, so that is why I would at this point choose him for the job of President.

Now, on choosing who is nicest or has the best personality or family background, Gingrich may not win. But this is not a popularity contest. We need a leader of unusual talent, tenacity, and record of true change. Gingrich led the revolution in the past to bring about a pro-life House. After forty years of Democrat control of the House of Representatives, he was the main force to lead it to become Republican. He was the main reason that President Clinton finally supported a welfare reform bill.

I would like a Gingrich/Huckabee ticket for 2012, with Huckabee running for President in 2016. What a team that would be! With their records of success I would see progress in all areas. Huckabee would definitely bring the likeability factor and could reach out to religious conservatives.

- - - - - - - -
Most of us here would say we are believers in prayer and the God who answers prayer. Today's prayer post at the Prayer for Huckabee and America thread here http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23913 is from a fascinating Psalm, regarding how God looks at mankind from heaven above: "The wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow on the string, that they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart." Does this not describe the liberal agenda of many leaders and forces in America?

And then, there is the question we should all ponder in choosing our next President and leaders:
Quote:
If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the righteous do?
[Quotes from Psalm 11]

This is where we are. The foundations of America's freedom (Christian liberty and the Constitution) are being destroyed, and only wickedness and poverty can result if this evil is not, by God's grace, turned around. What can we do? We can pray first of all, and then ask God to help us look at the bigger picture. Who is the best leader to protect our liberties and nation, under biblical principles?

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 4Huckabee, goalieman, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I think that over all both Gingrich and Santorum have earned the support of pro-life voters. Neither one is perfect but I think Justgrace is right that attacking Gingrich on this issue isn't a good strategy if you are a Santorum supporter. I honestly believe that Santorum is more electable in the general then Gingrich and has less personal baggage.