Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Quote:
In Colorado Mitt Romney looks primed for another big Western win to match his one in
Nevada. He leads with 40% there to 26% for Rick Santorum, 18% for Gingrich, and 12%
for Ron Paul.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ ... MO_205.pdf

Romney 40%
Santorum 26%
Gingrich 18%
Paul 12%

Solid lead for Romney but the race for the "two-man race" claim seems to be shifting.

Quote:
Santorum's personal likability- perhaps driven by the fact that no one has felt the need to
attack him- has a lot to do with why he's doing so well in these states. In Colorado 68%
of voters see him favorably to 21% with a negative opinion. That +47 spread is far better
than that of the second most popular candidate, Romney, who's at +29 (60/31). It's a
similar story in Minnesota. Santorum's favorability is even better there at +54 (72/18),
with Romney next best at +11 (50/39).

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
It will be interesting, to say the least, to see what Romney is going to throw at Santorum now.

:lurk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
It will be interesting, to say the least, to see what Romney is going to throw at Santorum now.

:lurk

I've been receiving MULTIPLE robocalls from The Romney campaign this past week, with several of them specifically targeting Santorum. None targeted Gingrich. Looks like Santorum is the Romney target here in Colorado.

After MUCH deliberation and taking in everything I could regarding the candidates, it's finally my turn. My husband and I are supporting Santorum at our caucus on Tuesday. I fully expect Romney to win the vote, but I'll stick around for the election of delegates, since none of the Romney supporters knew enough about the caucus process in 2008 to stay to elect delegates, so the majority of delegates elected in my caucus were Huckabee supporters. Lots of Ron Paul supporters here, so I expect them to try to pick up as many delegates as possible on Tuesday. They know how to play this game.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 6 cschande, FirstCoastTerp, Iowans Rock, ohiorepublican09, QuoVadisAnima, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I'm at my caucus right now. Santorum won my precinct 42 to Romney's 21!!!! Totally didn't expect that! Will post more when I get home. Hope the rest of Colorado goes this way!

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 2 maryrae, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
Santorum also won my caucus. 10 out of I think 15. Ron Paul got 3 or 4 and Romney and Gingrich each got one. No one spoke in support of any candidates in our group. Everyone was pretty new and inexperienced. I did overhear a couple of speakers from the next precinct over. There were two speakers supporting Santorum, 1 supporting Gingrich and a very pitiful Romney supporter whose whole argument was that he's the only one who can beat Obama. From what I heard both the Santorum speakers and Gingrich speakers had actual arguments for their choices. All of the delegates from our precinct are Santorum supporters, including my dd who was chosen as an alternate for the county assembly. She would have loved to do the state but we couldn't afford it. None of the pro-gay marriage anti-life Paul people were delegates. I think that this was a successful night for our values in my precinct at least.

Post by juditupp Liked by: ColoradoMom4Huckabee