Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 pm 
Private

Liked: 4
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/busin ... -show.html

Rush Limbaugh will soon have a new radio rival: Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor who ran for the Republican presidential nomination four years ago and thought about running again this year.

Instead, he will be running a radio show weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. for Cumulus Media Networks. The company will announce “The Mike Huckabee Show” on Thursday and begin selling it to radio stations ahead of an April 2 start date.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I just saw this too. Wow.

Will he really be a serious competitor to Rush? I love Mike but I am skeptical about this venture. I would think having the show during a different time slot would make more sense.

Post by FirstCoastTerp Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm 
Private

Liked: 4
Rush's main appeal used to be that he was a place you could go to get the truth! After his little stunt on the Monday before the Florida primary were he was running dirty tricks for team Romney and retracting them on Wednesday, it became obvious he as not been "America's truth detector" for some time. People will head where they can find truth. Once that is gone, it is hard to get trust back. I think Mike will surprise because people will seek him out to get honesty in broadcasting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
RAWhite wrote:
Rush's main appeal used to be that he was a place you could go to get the truth! After his little stunt on the Monday before the Florida primary were he was running dirty tricks for team Romney and retracting them on Wednesday, it became obvious he as not been "America's truth detector" for some time. People will head where they can find truth. Once that is gone, it is hard to get trust back. I think Mike will surprise because people will seek him out to get honesty in broadcasting.
Where's the thumbs down button?

I will say that I didn't care for MH's hosting technique when he has subbed for Neal Boortz. I felt he was too restrained. Though, at that time an upcoming campaign was possible, so maybe he thought he need to be careful what he said.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
I'd certainly tune in when I could. Bill Bennett isn't terribly controversial or Rushlike, yet I used to enjoy his show when we had it early mornings here. I could see Huck more with the Bennett approach.

The only trouble I see is how he'd get stations to pick him up. Most stations have Rush, Dennis Miller, or someone local in that time slot, and it's hard to see how he could squeeze into such a saturated market.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:54 am 
** General

Liked: 107
I wonder if Sirius radio would pick him up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
I think Mike will do a great job and will appeal to a whole different group of people. He may even convert some liberals!

As far as competing with Rush, Internet Radio makes the world smaller. If enough people want to listen to Mike they will find him.

It explains why Rush has always dissed Huck. He knows he will be some heavy competition someday. A King never wants to be dethroned, even in old age. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 am 
Major

Liked: 90
I'd much rather listen to Huck...Rush and Hannity say the same things every day and neither of them are true conservatives! The problem would be that any station that would want a republican leaning broadcast from noon-3est is going to pick Rush.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:36 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
Something like this could mean BIG MONEY got Governor Huckabee. This is great news.

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Has anyone else thought about the political ramifications of this? Of course, it means Governor Huckabee is not considering running for president again...ever. Just imagine what clips they would be able to take off a radio show and use against him in a presidential race...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
nrobyar wrote:
Has anyone else thought about the political ramifications of this? Of course, it means Governor Huckabee is not considering running for president again...ever. Just imagine what clips they would be able to take off a radio show and use against him in a presidential race...

I disagree completely. Something like this only risks becoming a political liability later if a) you go into it with no intention of ever running for office or b) you're completely undisciplined in your messaging. I think Mike still has presidential aspirations, and he's proven his discipline time and time again. His approach here has a 21st century pre-president Reaganesque feel to me personally (and if you can come up with a better way of wording that last line, feel free to share :lol: ).

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
nrobyar wrote:

I don't see how Gov. Huckabee now having a radio show is any different from him continually writing books, the Huckabee report, hosting the Huckabee Show, and being a FOX News contributor. They can get clips from those areas of media...right now. Yes, the radio show will increase the number of clips that opposition will have at their fingertips, but the show will also increase people's exposure to Gov. Huckabee's common sense approach to government and important issues.

Even if it does mean that Gov. Huckabee does not run for President ever again, the world will not end. I firmly believe that the reason that Gov. Huckabee did not run this time is for the exact reason he stated--he didn't feel that God gave him the okay. Of course there may be factors that played into that not feeling "okay", but God does use circumstances to make us feel or not feel "in the clear."

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I hope his radio show makes it on the Dallas/Fort Worth radio stations.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/