Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: User Watch List
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Sadly - given what our stated mission is - yea. I actually agree that Mike is shading the truth on this but I don't think he's shilling for Mitt or angling for the VP.

But no we can't really leave it up IMO. But the posters really merit a kind PM.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Would you mind doing that SD? Or at least posting the text of how you think it should be worded here and I can send the PMs?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
This is HucksArmy and Colin and Michelle were one of the first to sign up for active duty.

I do not think that you should delete what they wrote. They came here specifically to present their displeasure with Mike Huckabee and they did it without cussing, calling out other people, or causing a disturbance.

So please leave their comments.

But encourage them that if they have other negative comments to refrain from coming back to post them.

Even soldiers in the Army can be unhappy with their commander and need to vent to other fellow soldiers.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 pm 
***** General

Others have expressed their disappointment over this issue and I agree. It seems that Mike walked back his comments a bit with an interview on Fox & Friends the other morning when he said that the ad was directed at Mitt Romney and others, but it is clear that it was primarily directed at Romney.

That being said, this is what I take issue with:
Quote:
My husband and I are no longer watching Huckabee's show and we will not support him should he ever run for office again.
That is certainly their perogative but it is at odds with the fundamental basis of this forum being about supporting Huckabee, which is why I believe those posts should be removed.

I don't think Mike is beyond scrutiny but I do think being able to continue supporting him in large measure, if not on every point, is a minimum requirement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm 
***** General

I don't think you should remove the posts. I think you should wait and see if they come back to post more. Then I would ask them to leave if they continue to post more negative comments about Huckabee.

But there are a lot of Huckabee supporters who saw Huckabee say 3 times on 3 different shows, a parsing of words, that the ad was not about Romney. (Your World, F &F and Justice with Jeanine)

So I think people should be allowed to express their displeasure with what Huckabee said. And they may even say they no longer wish to support Huckabee. But then if that is the case, then they will probably not come back to vent again.

Did you delete the other posts when people said that they had moved on from Huckabee and probably won't watch his show anymore? Because I know there were people who made a comment like that a while back and I do not remember their post being deleted.

Perhaps, if you feel you must delete something, delete that sentence you do not like and leave the rest of the post.

That is my recommendation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Others have expressed their disappointment over this issue and I agree. It seems that Mike walked back his comments a bit with an interview on Fox & Friends the other morning when he said that the ad was directed at Mitt Romney and others, but it is clear that it was primarily directed at Romney.

That being said, this is what I take issue with:
Quote:
My husband and I are no longer watching Huckabee's show and we will not support him should he ever run for office again.
That is certainly their perogative but it is at odds with the fundamental basis of this forum being about supporting Huckabee, which is why I believe those posts should be removed.

I don't think Mike is beyond scrutiny but I do think being able to continue supporting him in large measure, if not on every point, is a minimum requirement.

Yep, I agree. I vote delete this post at least, and assuming michelle was speaking for Colin, too, I think we should let them both go. They haven't been posting much if at all lately anyway. If they're only going to chime in to criticize Huck, I don't think it's worth keeping them here.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 pm 
***** General

Well Ken I don't know about the whole "take down the post part." I also don't have anything fresh to say on the whole subject of keeping faith with Huck at Huck's Army when he's not really all that engaged in the fray at this time. Here's all I could really call up - it's from the night Huck announced he was staying out:

Quote:
1.) Mike Huckabee has been our standard bearer for our hopes and beliefs regarding a better future for our nation. But he is not the incarnation of such hopes and beliefs nor is he the standard. Those ideals will continue, must continue, to be championed by every officer and enlistee in Huck's Army. His ability to achieve our shared aims is only possible because "We the People" in fact do want those aims achieved and are willing to work, argue, advocate, and vote for them. Notice how this announcement has lit up the number of visitors to this site. The Army is waiting and its power is in its collective strength. A strength we wish Mike Huckabee to weild effectively as President, but one that is there because he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been waiting for."

Quote:

As far as Huck’s Army is concerned…well…as a Southern Historian I am familiar with the “lost causes.” I do think this group has become an important social network that is informed and connected. It is a force that can be used to good effect.

I, for one, am determined not to lose the strength, knowledge, wisdom, insight, and faith gained by my fellowship with this band of brothers. For you see the battle is still before us though our preferred leader has chosen a different course. I am now more politically and culturally engaged than ever. That will not change. The times will not allow it.

These ranks are the ranks that must form up and fight.

I can well understand why many, even most, will lose heart and walk away as they see their hoped champion seemingly exit the field. But it was never his fight. It is ours. Do what you can, where you can.
Do not grow weary in your work of love.

Quote:

My experience of men has neither disposed me to think worse of them, or indisposed me to serve them; nor in spite of failures, which I lament, of errors which I now see and acknowledge; or of the present aspect of affairs; do I despair of the future.
The truth is this: The march of Providence is so slow, and our desires so impatient; the work of progress is so immense and our means of aiding it so feeble; the life of humanity is so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often see only the ebb of the advancing wave and are thus discouraged. It is history that teaches us to hope.
o Robert E. Lee: Letter to Lt. Col. Charles Marshall (September 1870)

From the Moderators/Admin?

Mike has certainly disappointed many of his supporters on more than one occassion. And so certainly have the various members of HA disappointed one another on more than one occassion through the years and in recent weeks. But we know what has drawn us together here is not wealth, or fame, or power. It is a simple belief that to do nothing is to go into the darkness. We all want to do our part to make a positive contribution to our nation, world, and fellow man.

While this site began with Huck and still bears his name it has been much more than that for some time. There remains a great affection here for Mike Huckabee, and more importantly, what he symbolized. The moderators wish is that those who post will continue to do so in respect of our shared belief that civil discourse can still exist not only when we have unity of thought, but more importantly when we do not. Out of Many One - E Pluribus Unum.

That's all I got - use some none or all - your call Ken. I trust you completely.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 am 
***** General

I appreciate all the input. I think at a minimum we should sleep on it for a night. Also, we did discuss the need for alternative views to be shared among the mods, so I want to take Debbie's feedback to heart.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am 
***** General

I posted a comment on the "Ad" thread:
Quote:
I don't like Huckabee's response on this, but that doesn't cause me to lose faith in him. He is one of the few politicians who has been a faithful advocate for the pro-life movement, among many other causes. That hasn't changed.

We wouldn't want this forum to require everyone to agree with Mike Huckabee on every statement he makes, but we all need to be able to support him in general. If someone can no longer support Mike, that is their perogative, but we will have to wish them well and look for other opportunities to join in common cause in different contexts.

Mike Huckabee is not perfect by any stretch, so again, nobody is restricted from respectfully airing disagreements with him on particular points. We do need to ask those that want to continue posting here to be able to support Mike.

and sent the following message to Colin and Michelle:
Quote:
You have been a tremendous supporter of Mike for several years and a great asset to this community. However, I hope that you can understand that we need to maintain a minimum level of support for him from our members.

I know that you will continue to work for the issues that matter which drew us to the forum to begin with. We can continue to pray together for this country (and the UK) to return to the Lord and keep our hope alive knowing that one day we will stand before the Lamb together in perfect unity.

In His grace,

I did not remove any of their posts and have not banned them. They have been great members here so I hope they will not continue with further critical posts and/or may change their minds (maybe not on the specific issue but on being able to support Mike).

Post by FirstCoastTerp has received Likes: 4 bmk2307, ConservTexan, GrannyT, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 am 
***** General

I'm fine with that approach, and I think it's very well-stated. Based on what you wrote, I'm assuming that if the "Mike's a sell-out"/"we don't support Mike" comments continue from them, though, there would come a time when we would need to let them go.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:34 pm 
***** General

I don't think it will come to that, but we will see. Here is Colin's reply to my PM:
Quote:
Hi Ken,

I fully understand and appreciate your message, and the grace with which it was sent.

I have tremendous respect and affection for so many here on Huck's Army. I love that we can speak our minds but I also know that there comes a time where, if we lose faith in the man we all support, that it's best to step away and no longer comment on the site.

We're all human and maybe someday my faith in Gov Huckabee will be renewed :)

Thanks,
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Thanks, Ken, I think you handled this well. Colin and Michelle have been such ardent supporters, and it's saddening to see their disillusioned state at this time, but I agree we have to be careful in the steps we take in response. I think Colin's response shows this was the right step to take.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:33 pm 
***** General

I like the way this was handled through pm's. By doing that Colin and Michelle had the opportunity to step away privately without being pushed away publicly.

Thanks for your good work Ken.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Banned fxtradeonline for spam.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: maryrae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 pm 
***** General

Please see my response to a portion of akprayingmom's post:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26211&p=223868#p223868

Any further action necessary? I am ok with leaving it as is for now as long it doesn't continue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:12 pm 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:

Any further action necessary? I am ok with leaving it as is for now as long it doesn't continue.

I think what you said was very temperate and correct. I doubt if someone so willing to call down judgment will heed your words. If she does lash out again, I think it is more than appropriate to warn/suspend for a cooling off period.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: FirstCoastTerp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 pm 
***** General

Southern Doc wrote:
FirstCoastTerp wrote:

I think what you said was very temperate and correct. I doubt if someone so willing to call down judgment will heed your words. If she does lash out again, I think it is more than appropriate to warn/suspend for a cooling off period.

Well, you were right SD. A couple gems from her latest:

akprayingmom wrote:
Supporting those that would destroy the sanctity of marriage instituted by GOD as a picture of our relationship to GOD and our salvation through CHRIST and supporting candidates and elected officials who vociferously protect the killing of babies is taking a stand against the LORD and His established King which is CHRIST.

Santorum wants both sides of his bread buttered! He talks like a true Christian Conservative but his solid and consistent support of pro-abortion, pro-gay liberal people shows he wants them too. You can't talk pro-life and give a Wish List Star like Murkowski $10,000 and campaign for her and then say your conservative. That is dishonest and anyone who refuses to admit that is either a liar or greatly delusional.

I think she should at least be warned and then let go for a cooling off period. Honestly, I've always felt she's a bit too confrontational, and I wouldn't mind seeing her let go completely (I can be pretty heartless when it comes to these things, though, haha, so take that with the grain of salt it deserves). She was really defensive of Palin a while back, and I'm pretty sure she's still more of a Palin supporter than a Huckabee supporter.

Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm 
***** General

Amy is not a Palin supporter. She was and still is a Huckabee supporter. She led the Huckabee prayer conference calls. She was on the Stuck on Huck radio show leading everyone with prayer and working to draft Huckabee.

I think that these things can be handled with a pm asking the person to take a deep breath and a step back.

None of these people should be banned.

You do realize that in the last couple of weeks, there has been mention of banning some of the original people from HucksArmy.

Again, I think a pm is all that is needed. Maybe an assertive one asking people to calm down a bit. But let's not start banning people from HucksArmy.

JMHO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:17 pm 
***** General

I just sent the following PM to her:
Quote:
You are calling many who do not support Gingrich arrogant and unforgiving. You are judging something only God can judge and that is arrogant. This has nothing to do with telling the truth.

You completely sidestepped my response. You need to stop being divisive. Otherwise, we will be compelled to stop you. We really don't want it to come to that, so please step back and consider what I am saying to you.

As far as banning people, it's not something I enjoy doing and it's especially difficult if it's someone who has been here a long time, but my view is if someone is unwilling to abide by the forum rules and respond to appeals to reign it in, then they are really banning themselves.

It's been standard practice to communicate with people before we would ban them over the several years that I have been a moderator and administrator. Nothing has changed here and there have been a lot of messaging going on over the last several weeks with several people to get things under control. Most people have responded well, but if someone won't then they may need a brief ban (permanent bans are very rare). It's unfortunate, but part of our job is to maintain the peace and I don't think it's right to let people rant and rave repeatedly allowing them to stir up division.

Proverbs 26:21 - As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.

Post by FirstCoastTerp Liked by: cschande

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:25 pm 
***** General

I sent Amy a personal email. I hope that it will help.

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, maryrae

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next