Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:00 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Quote:
"I thought who best could do that — my own personal opinion — is the cheerful one, Newt Gingrich,” she said. “I have appreciated what he has to for — stood boldly for. He has been the underdog in many of these primary races and these caucuses, and I’ve respected what he has stood for. Up here what we have — it’s not a primary, basically it’s not even a caucus — it’s a presidential preference poll. My preference tonight was for the cheerful one."

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/sarah-palin-i-voted-for-newt-gingrich/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
Of all the candidates, I would have to say Romney is the cheerful one. Newt can come across as bitter, Rick can come across as a downer and annoyed. Romney is more consistently even keeled and cheerful. :lurk

As I posted before, Sarah Palin: "You betcha I'm not endorsin! But if I were votin in Flarda, I'd vote Newt. If I were votin in South Carolina, I'd vote Newt. I actually voted for Newt in Alaska. Nope, not endorsin."

She's only not endorsed him in name only. Palin's supposed to have guts, why won't she just endorse Newt? Maybe she thinks there's a chance she could sweep in at the convention and become the nominee herself...

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am 
Lieutenant General

Miserere wrote:
She's only not endorsed him in name only. Palin's supposed to have guts, why won't she just endorse Newt? Maybe she thinks there's a chance she could sweep in at the convention and become the nominee herself...

Well, it seems that she is open to the possiblity... :D

Quote:
The former Republican vice-presidential candidate told a CNN reporter she would “seriously consider whatever I can do to help our country” when asked if she would agree to being put forward if the party faced a brokered convention

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/sarah-palin/9127510/Sarah-Palin-refuses-to-rule-out-presidential-run-saying-anythings-possible.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Miserere wrote:
Of all the candidates, I would have to say Romney is the cheerful one. Newt can come across as bitter, Rick can come across as a downer and annoyed. Romney is more consistently even keeled and cheerful. :lurk

As I posted before, Sarah Palin: "You betcha I'm not endorsin! But if I were votin in Flarda, I'd vote Newt. If I were votin in South Carolina, I'd vote Newt. I actually voted for Newt in Alaska. Nope, not endorsin."

Seriously? Romney - Mr. Cheerful? If anything, it appears as a fake cheerful. To me, he is just blah. If any emotions are shown, they are usually mild and appear fake and half-heartedly thrown out there. A smile doesn't equate to cheerful.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm 
Lieutenant General

Miserere wrote:

LOL, I'll have to hide behind that couch with you. :lol: Romney certainly seems cheerful compared to Santorum and Gingrich, but I don't think he'll come across as such when up against Obama.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:29 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
This non-endorsement endorsement really reflects poorly on Palin but NOT on Gingrich. If she'd had the guts to stand up and endorse him it could have really helped him. A lot of people still really respect her and might have given Newt extra consideration when they were making their decision. Instead she tiptoed around for months. I think if I were a Gingrich supporter I'd be super frustrated with her over this. At this point it's not too late for him to win this but he has an uphill battle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

juditupp wrote:
This non-endorsement endorsement really reflects poorly on Palin but NOT on Gingrich. If she'd had the guts to stand up and endorse him it could have really helped him. A lot of people still really respect her and might have given Newt extra consideration when they were making their decision. Instead she tiptoed around for months. I think if I were a Gingrich supporter I'd be super frustrated with her over this. At this point it's not too late for him to win this but he has an uphill battle.

If only Palin had endorsed Gingrich and campaigned with him in Florida... :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Actually I have a lot of respect for Palin for, at least, letting people know her preference is Newt.....more than Gov. Huckabee has done....I think there is real pressure on them to stay neutral until the nominee is selected. It took guts, IMO, for her to come out and make the statements for Newt that she has made.

Post by nrobyar Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 pm 
Major General

I wonder if it is because of her contract with Fox?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
FL4Huck wrote:

John Bolton has a contract with Fox, and he endorsed Mitt, so I don't think that can be it.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
Miserere wrote:
FL4Huck wrote:

John Bolton has a contract with Fox, and he endorsed Mitt, so I don't think that can be it.

That's interesting... Steven Crowder who is also a Fox Contributor was at the Santorum rally last night. He spoke, and although he said he couldn't officially endorse, from all he said it sure sounded like he would back Santorum. I figured it was because of his status at Fox. But maybe not?

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 pm 
Private

Liked: 6
In my opinion Governor Huckabee can't be having Presidential Forums and endorsing someone or letting his viewers know who he voted for. That would not be right. Sarah Palin can - because she doesn't have her own show.

Post by Amy has received Likes: 4 Grant, IowaforHuckabee, juditupp, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 am 
Major General

Amy wrote:
In my opinion Governor Huckabee can't be having Presidential Forums and endorsing someone or letting his viewers know who he voted for. That would not be right. Sarah Palin can - because she doesn't have her own show.

That's a really good point. I'm wondering if he believes he lost in 2008 and may have lost this time because the process is so broken. Perhaps he felt that by not endorsing he could have a hand in improving the process. If he had endorsed he would have given up that opportunity.