Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huckabee vs. Rush
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:20 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/ ... 1Z20120317

I will be glad when the day Huck takes the blowhard down.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Huckabee vs. Rush
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Interesting statement from the article:

Quote:
Huckabee's show, which was born out of a dinner conversation between a representative for the former Arkansas governor and Dickey in the fall of 2010, will go head-to-head against Limbaugh from noon to 3 p.m. in all time U.S. time zones, Monday through Friday.

So Huck had a good idea of what he thinks is his path forward. Hopefully he will be using it as a soap box for 4 years, and not a career.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
As much as I wanted Huckabee to run in 2012, that ship has sailed and has moved on to other island destinations. If what bmk2307 posted was true-that talks began in the fall of 2010, then Huckabee never really intended to run in 2012 and was working hard to move into a field that captured his heart. This would have been right after Huckabee tried out the daytime talk show gig.

The article also states:
Quote:
Moreover, Huckabee has to execute for Cumulus' grand plan to pay dividends. If he cannot attract an audience and prove that he can carry a show by himself, then all the talk about unseating Limbaugh will be just that - talk.

Therefore Huckabee will be concentrating on making his radio show a success. Not even thinking about 2016.

So Huck's Army has a new mission-to listen to Huck's new show, tweet it, facebook it, pinterest it, and get friends and family to tune in. Huckabee will once again be making a difference, but it will NOT be a run in 2016.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Never say never! :D

Quote:
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) isn't ruling out a run for the White House in 2016, despite opting out of a bid in 2012.

"You never rule anything out for the long term," Huckabee said on an Israeli political talk show. "I'm not making an announcement, but certainly when people say, 'Would you ever do it,' I very might well do that."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/212627-huckabee-not-ruling-out-2016-bid

:pray

Post by Grant has received Likes: 4 christopher.wilkerson, ohiorepublican09, Texan4Huckabee, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
When I wrote to Janet Huckabee in the past about a potential run in 2012, she seemed to be strongly hinting to me at the time at 2016.

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Amid a rising tide of departing advertisers and radio stations from arch-conservative Rush Limbaugh's three-hour daily talk show, WBEC (AM 1420) is among the first group of outlets signed on to carry a new, competing program from Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and 2008 Republican presidential candidate.

Quote:
WBEC was among the first two stations in the nation to pull the plug on Limbaugh after the veteran radio talker angered many people on Feb. 29 when he insulted a Georgetown University law student, Sandra Fluke, for her comments about contraception insurance coverage. WBEC and KPUA, a station in Hawaii, dropped Limbaugh on March 5.

Quote:
So far, according to the Wall Street Journal, 140 stations nationally have signed contracts to carry Huckabee's program. Cumulus Media Networks, the syndicator pitching the show to the 600 stations which carry Limbaugh, as well as other outlets, has branded it as a less feisty alternative.
http://www.berkshireeagle.com/local/ci_20206677/wbec-radio-picks-up-mike-huckabee-limbaugh-rsquo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
I personally expected a Huckabee run for 2012, but my first thought (after the initial disbelief) after hearing he wouldn't be running this time was along the lines of, "Okay, Obama must not be beatable, but the door will be open in 2016."

I am still of that opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 pm 
General

Liked: 71
Man I am afraid that Huckabee's radio career will take off and end any hopes of a Huckabee 2016 campaign.

He already has 140 stations before he even starts. Cumulus Media, the parent company, operates 570 stations.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577285963776745648.html

Quote:
Cumulus Media's Mr. Dickey said "some" Limbaugh stations had already decided to switch to the former governor's show, but wouldn't disclose how many or which ones. One broadcaster who didn't want to be identified said it had dropped "Limbaugh" and signed "Huckabee."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:40 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
FiscalConservative wrote:
Man I am afraid that Huckabee's radio career will take off and end any hopes of a Huckabee 2016 campaign.

He already has 140 stations before he even starts. Cumulus Media, the parent company, operates 570 stations.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577285963776745648.html

Quote:
Cumulus Media's Mr. Dickey said "some" Limbaugh stations had already decided to switch to the former governor's show, but wouldn't disclose how many or which ones. One broadcaster who didn't want to be identified said it had dropped "Limbaugh" and signed "Huckabee."

Possibly, but remember Mike plays chess.....perhaps this is another way for thousands more Americans to get to know the man we think will make the best President in 2016. By then, Mike's fans will have increased even more and his support will be broader. Mike won't be as controversial as Rush, so he won't be as well known. But he will be liked by those who come to know him through his radio show along with those who first met him through his tv show. Until the day he declares, he will have free campaign air time.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Honestly, I am wondering if Huck has damaged his chances too much for 2016.

There seem to be an awful lot of former Huck supporters as a result of his actions beginning from the point when he announced he wouldn't run (& how he did it), up to his current support of the establishment & Romney (even against what he himself did & said in 2008), and most recently his current digs on Santorum that many are saying sound like spite & envy.

Lynch me if you will, frankly, he's even got this Huckaholic doubting him now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

There seem to be an awful lot of former Huck supporters as a result of his actions beginning from the point when he announced he wouldn't run (& how he did it), up to his current support of the establishment & Romney (even against what he himself did & said in 2008), and most recently his current digs on Santorum that many are saying sound like spite & envy.

I think when all is said and done, we'd come around.

But at the end of the day he wouldn't need our support anyway, he'd need a plurality of voters. This plurality wouldn't have been hanging on his every word for the last eight years.

The base of the base you must have. The base of the base of the base... Not so much. We're the base of the base of the base.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm 
***** General

I am saying that it is precisely the conservative base that Huck may have damaged his chances with. My only point about his diehard supporters was that the damage seems to be so extensive that even many of his "base of the base of the base" have been breached.

We'll see, I suppose. Anyway, if not this year, then I suspect by 2016 the only election we'll be having is one that makes Russia look democratic. Because of the pols resistance to putting in any serious security protections, I am convinced that the electronic voting has been handled with the intention of using it to manipulate outcomes. :tinfoil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:28 pm 

Liked: 57
I don't understand where people think Huck supports Romney. Huckabee is a non-biased pundit where he tells it like he sees it. Sure he could be favorable to one of the candidates and dis-favorable to another like current pundit Palin seems to be. But Huckabee is fair and balanced.

Post by Texan4Huckabee Liked by: Grant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm 
***** General

Like I said, I have been defending him & giving him the benefit of the doubt till recently, but more & more things have been raising question marks - with exclamation points - in my mind.

It's hard to think of everything right off the top of my head, but I'll give you the general picture as it looks to me. A large part of it is because the Huck I remember from 2008 said "This isn't a coronation" & that the process should be allowed to go unhindered until the magic number was reached - that it was a healthy process, and also that a brokered convention wouldn't damage the Party's chances. He risked a lot of animosity & people accusing him of angling for VP or worse by arguing that Romney was not a real conservative & should not be McCain's VP choice.

The Huck of 2012 originally was very positive about all of the candidates and only criticized strategies or strategic mis-steps. However, since the Establishment first began its push to coronate Romney, he seemed to going along with it. Now he is talking about how none of the candidate's is giving a positive message - when Romney is the only one who has been consistently negative (Romney apparently figuring that since not being Dubya got O elected, then not being O will get him elected - except that he is not as distinct from O as O was from Dubya, & unlike O, he has a record that contradicts his words!).

And since the Establishment has begun its most recent push to end the process, Huck has been criticizing RS but not Romney - similar to the complaint Gingrich supporters here were making earlier. You don't have to favor a person explicitly to promote them; you can do it by instead helping pull down their opponents or even just speaking of them dismissively.

I understand not wanting to damage the candidate you believe is going to be going up against O - but what is the logic in helping to damage his opponent when his opponent still has a small but realistic chance of defeating him unless you are wanting Romney to defeat his opponents?

I do not claim to know Huck's motivation here, but Glenn Beck mentioned that a wealthy GOP-Romney guy had approached him about encouraging Santorum to get out, & it is clear that the GOP machinery & the media are working to coronate Romney. For reasons I cannot begin to fathom, Huck seems to be going along with the Establishment, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Totally agree Quo. I'm in the same camp. It's an integrity issue for me. He says that the process is healthy when he's the conservative left standing and then when he's not, it's not healthy and it needs to end. I think the line was drawn for me when he said just Sat. that Romney should keep playing Santorum's endorsement from 2008. That indeed was over the line. And this on a night when Santorum stomped Romney by 22 points.

I can personally say that though I might vote for Huckabee again (and I voted for him AFTER he dropped out in 2008), that I would not work for his candidacy like I did in 2008. And that's the real problem for any future run. He will likely never have the favor of the establishment unless he drops his social conservatism so he would need his army of volunteers once again to be successful. And I'm not sure that I'm alone in being reluctant to work hard for him again.

I personally think it's a mute point. He's successful in what he's doing and I don't see him leaving it to run for the presidency again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 pm 
***** General

Yes, that is exactly what I'm referring to - the grassroots enthusiasm that got him to this point may no longer be replicable and he could not win without it.

And I agree that he will probably not run again. My apologies to those who are offended by my cynicism, but it seems to me that he is where he wants to be, & any talk of a future run is just to keep people following him.

I would hope that he will positively influence the process from his position in the media - but he had the chance to be a huge influence this go round, when it was really needed, and opted not to be. Ironically helping, at least by omission if one will admit nothing else, the man who he once purposed to keep from office because he would be so detrimental to the conservative movement. And adding to that an additional helping of irony - that Huck may have undercut his ability to influence the process as much as he might otherwise have in the future by those now feeling let down or even betrayed.

I am not saying that I personally have turned against him or would never vote for him either or anything like that - only that I miss the Huck who ran on principles and believed in charitably speaking the truth. He's the one that I was avidly following. Huck 2.0... not so much...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm 

Theres a difference between in 2008 and in 2012. In 2008 the demoncrats have not settled on their candidate yet with Obama and Clinton. In 2012 the democrats already have a candidate in Obama.

Post by Texan4Huckabee Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm 
***** General

Please explain why you believe this makes a difference - I don't want to jump to conclusions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm 
Lieutenant General

If Santorum is able to garner the support of many conservatives despite his 2008 endorsement and support of Romney, his endorsement and support of Arlen Specter vs. a pro-life conservative (Specter credited Santorum's support as crucial in his narrow victory, and Santorum ran an ad in which he said "Arlen is with us on the votes that matter"), his expressed opposition to the Tea Party, his vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor for Circuit Court Judge, his votes for congressional pay raises, his vote against paying off the debt within 30 years, and many other issues thats conservatives would largely disagree with, then I'm sure that Huckabee's perceived (by some people) support of Romney would not affect a presidential run should he decide to run in 2016. There are much bigger issues at stake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 pm 

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Please explain why you believe this makes a difference - I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Theres a huge difference for 1. in 2008 if Huckabee had got out when Romney did nobody would of been talking about McCain for months. Huckabee has explained his opinion of this before. 2. Obama doesn't even have to campaign right now, he can just raise as much $ as he can get for the election while the GOP candidates destroy each other and do Obamas work for him, and make it that much easier for Obama in November for the general election.