Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Quote:
Romney's Perfect VP Pick: Mike Huckabee?

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archi ... kabee.aspx

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
A Romney/Huckabee ticket is the only thing that will get me up off the couch to vote for Romney. My husband has already said he will, under no circumstances, vote for Romney and that he will be sitting this one out.

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 NJ Huck Supporter, SEEllis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:35 am 
Private

Liked: 4
I'm not sure even that would do it for me. I would hate to see Mike damage his credibility by being a part of this sinking ship. I'm looking forward to 2016 with Mike at the TOP of the ticket.

Post by RAWhite Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
RAWhite wrote:
I'm not sure even that would do it for me. I would hate to see Mike damage his credibility by being a part of this sinking ship. I'm looking forward to 2016 with Mike at the TOP of the ticket.

Exactly. While it's an huge opportunity when a sailor gets elevated to be an Executive Officer, it's not so much of a great long-term career move if the ship you're being asked to serve on is the RMS Titanic.

Also ... maybe it's me ... but how exactly would Mike be able to redeem Romney's core faults - his lack of conviction and lack of sincerity? By being his #2 and doing whatever he says? "Yup, I joined the ticket because I believe Mitt Romney is going to overturn Obamacare." I don't see any part of a Romney/Huckabee scenario that would help Mitt's image more than it hurt Huckabee's image.

I think the world of Huck, but I'd lose some respect for him if he joined the RMS Romney. I'd like it a lot more if he burst through the door during a brokered convention and said "I just finished praying, folks, and I finally got my answer. Step aside, boys, and let me show you how it's done."

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, justgrace, maryrae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
TheValuesVoter wrote:
RAWhite wrote:

Exactly. While it's an huge opportunity when a sailor gets elevated to be an Executive Officer, it's not so much of a great long-term career move if the ship you're being asked to serve on is the RMS Titanic.

Also ... maybe it's me ... but how exactly would Mike be able to redeem Romney's core faults - his lack of conviction and lack of sincerity? By being his #2 and doing whatever he says? "Yup, I joined the ticket because I believe Mitt Romney is going to overturn Obamacare." I don't see any part of a Romney/Huckabee scenario that would help Mitt's image more than it hurt Huckabee's image.

I think the world of Huck, but I'd lose some respect for him if he joined the RMS Romney. I'd like it a lot more if he burst through the door during a brokered convention and said "I just finished praying, folks, and I finally got my answer. Step aside, boys, and let me show you how it's done."

I see your point, but I'm not so certain I wouldn't jump in to help if Mike were on the ticket in the VP slot. I have two reasons:

1. I remember how he got to be governor of Arkansas - and the top of the ticket there wasn't so hot either. (I know, different situation when you're not running on the same ticket, campaigning together, making promises together, etc. But God obviously orchestrated that whole deal, turning something bad into something good, for His glory our good.)

2. If Romney did approach Mike, I have confidence that he would pray about the offer, just like in your scenario, TVV, and if God said, "Do it," I hope Mike would say "Yes, Lord."

Besides, for Romney, of all people, to ask Mike - that would have to be a God thing, wouldn't it? :shock: :D

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm 
***** General

TheValuesVoter wrote:
RAWhite wrote:

I see your point, but I'm not so certain I wouldn't jump in to help if Mike were on the ticket in the VP slot. I have two reasons:

1. I remember how he got to be governor of Arkansas - and the top of the ticket there wasn't so hot either. (I know, different situation when you're not running on the same ticket, campaigning together, making promises together, etc. But God obviously orchestrated that whole deal, turning something bad into something good, for His glory our good.)

2. If Romney did approach Mike, I have confidence that he would pray about the offer, just like in your scenario, TVV, and if God said, "Do it," I hope Mike would say "Yes, Lord."

Besides, for Romney, of all people, to ask Mike - that would have to be a God thing, wouldn't it? :shock: :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I just don't see it happening. I will be the most surprised person on the planet (2nd, perhaps, to Huckabee himself) if Romney were to choose Huck for VP.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I just don't see it happening. I will be the most surprised person on the planet (2nd, perhaps, to Huckabee himself) if Romney were to choose Huck for VP.

It would be a huge miracle -- but Mike has been the beneficiary of some big miracles before.

In the natural realm (i.e., barring said miracle), Romney would rather eat his $4,000 silk tie than choose "the Huckster" (as so many of Mitt's minions call Mike). there is too much bitterness on Romney's part, and way too much snobby ego.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 am 
***** General

QVA and All-in: I agree with you completely. Chances are slim to none, and it would have to be a miracle. But, I guess my question for all of you is, IF it did happen, AND IF Mike said yes, would you support the ticket?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I'm already resigned to voting for Romney, if need be & as it likely will be, to remove Obama from power so having Huck on the ticket would definitely make it less repugnant!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
1. I remember how he got to be governor of Arkansas - and the top of the ticket there wasn't so hot either.

I think Gov Huckabee ran as his own man for the Lt Gov position and won. He was not part of a "ticket" and really had no one he had to answer to politically or be beholden to.

I just can't see him joining any of the tickets because:

1. Too much blood between him and Romney in 2008.
2. Santorum endorsed Romney over him in 2008.
3. Gingrich would probably not choose another Southerner.
4. Ron Paul really doesn't like Mike and neither do his supporters.

Let him conquer and become talk radio thereby eliminating the mistake that was made in 2008 when talk radio destroyed our only shot at beating Barack Obama.

Huckabee 2016!!

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
On Fox & Friends the other day Huckabee all but said that he would accept the VP slot. Think about this...he didn't feel God's leading for running for President but would bite Romney's hand off if offered the VP slot! Bear in mind also that Huckabee was leading Romney in all the polls before he decided not to run. And note that, amazingly, he seems to have been speaking up for his bitter 2008 rival at every opportunity.

I suggest that Romney struck a deal with Huckabee last May, promising him the VP slot if he stood down (Huckabee on the ticket would also shore up his credentials with evangelicals who he will need to excite, ditto Tea Party supporters, help him in the South, enhance the ticket's "governing" credentials, help him with minorities, add charisma to the ticket, he's been vetted and he can be trusted to campaign very effectively and avoid saying something stupid). Romney is no fool and will stop at nothing to achieve his political ambitions. At 65, he knew this was most likely his last opportunity to run. Huckabee at 56 would be perfectly positioned to take over the presidency 8 years later at age...65. Bloodbath avoided and Huckabee doesn't have to face a grueling campaign, the Romney $$$ machine and the Republican establishment. Further, both men have a REAL shot at becoming president. Sounds like a pretty good deal for each man to me!

I know this is politics (and Huckabee owes neither Gingrich nor Santorum any favors for not endorsing him in 2008...especially Santorum who backed Romney) but if I'm correct in my assessment it would still leave a bad taste in my mouth that Huckabee has been so supportive of Romney at the expense of his fellow conservatives.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
This thought has honestly crossed my mind. i doubt it, but i suppose its not out of the realm of possibility.

colinashley wrote:
On Fox & Friends the other day Huckabee all but said that he would accept the VP slot. Think about this...he didn't feel God's leading for running for President but would bite Romney's hand off if offered the VP slot! Bear in mind also that Huckabee was leading Romney in all the polls before he decided not to run. And note that, amazingly, he seems to have been speaking up for his bitter 2008 rival at every opportunity.

I suggest that Romney struck a deal with Huckabee last May, promising him the VP slot if he stood down (Huckabee on the ticket would also shore up his credentials with evangelicals who he will need to excite, ditto Tea Party supporters, help him in the South, enhance the ticket's "governing" credentials, help him with minorities, add charisma to the ticket, he's been vetted and he can be trusted to campaign very effectively and avoid saying something stupid). Romney is no fool and will stop at nothing to achieve his political ambitions. At 65, he knew this was most likely his last opportunity to run. Huckabee at 56 would be perfectly positioned to take over the presidency 8 years later at age...65. Bloodbath avoided and Huckabee doesn't have to face a grueling campaign, the Romney $$$ machine and the Republican establishment. Further, both men have a REAL shot at becoming president. Sounds like a pretty good deal for each man to me!

I know this is politics (and Huckabee owes neither Gingrich nor Santorum any favors for not endorsing him in 2008...especially Santorum who backed Romney) but if I'm correct in my assessment it would still leave a bad taste in my mouth that Huckabee has been so supportive of Romney at the expense of his fellow conservatives.

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 pm 
***** General

But in this article from Politico, which was linked in this thread, Mike said no one had spoken to him about being on their ticket.
Quote:
Huckabee’s name is occasionally mentioned as a possible vice presidential nominee, but when asked whether there was a clause in his contract with Cumulus that would allow him to pursue such a bid, he dismissed the possibility. “It’s like the old saying, ‘Don’t go buy a corsage if you haven’t been invited to the prom yet’,” he said. “Nobody has talked to me about being on anybody’s ticket, and I’m not anticipating it.”...

Over the last 4+ years I have developed a habit of believing Mike Huckabee :D

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: chapelccino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Romney Should Pick Huckabee:
http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/Mitt-Romney-VP-Huckabee/2012/04/04/id/434853

Jim Pinkerton Suggest Mike Huckabee as VP Choice for Mitt Romney – Video 4/6/12:
http://freedomslighthouse.net/2012/04/07/jim-pinkerton-suggest-mike-huckabee-as-vp-choice-for-mitt-romney-video-4612/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
From rivals to friends: Romney finds VP potential, conservative ally in Huckabee:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/220873-huckabee-mitts-bff-and-vp

So far, the article has received 71 comments, most of them positive about Huckabee as VP. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 am 
***** General

Grant wrote:
From rivals to friends: Romney finds VP potential, conservative ally in Huckabee:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/220873-huckabee-mitts-bff-and-vp

So far, the article has received 71 comments, most of them positive about Huckabee as VP. :D

Although I support the idea of Huckabee on the ticket, this article made my blood boil. Heinze succeeded in slamming Mike in just about every other sentence, even while purporting that he would make a good match for Romney. Ugh.

I posted there as "VA outpost," (without the space). Because the default for the comments is "show most popular first," I ask that, if you agree with me, please like my post.

Heinze needs a spanking.

EDIT: after re-reading the article, decided to make a second short post there. I think my posts are #77 & #78 (although they're not numbered, they're at the very end right now).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
I posted there as "VA outpost," (without the space). Because the default for the comments is "show most popular first," I ask that, if you agree with me, please like my post.
I liked your post. I had to click on "Load More Comments" part way down the page to see your post.

Post by FirstCoastTerp Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
colinashley wrote:

Agree w/ just about all of this Colin.....
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26310&start=60#p223232

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I don't know if all the math adds up if there was some sort of a deal struck. If Huckabee had run, I would have been blogging for him for the last year, would have been involved in the grassroots movement of getting people ready to go to the polls, etc. But I've always said that I won't vote for Romney and won't do so even if Huckabee is on the ticket. I love Huckabee as a candidate and as a leader. But I strongly dislike Romney as a candidate and as a leader (although I pray for him and his family just like I pray for all of our other leaders and theirs). I see no conviction in him whatsoever and generally don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. Nothing about Huckabee being in the standby slot, watching intently as Romney continues to be Romney and enacts his agenda in whatever direction the wind is blowing him that day, changes my point of view on this. I'll vote third party or write in. I won't be voting Romney/[Put Anyone's Name Here] 2012.

I know I am in the minority here, even on this forum. But suppose that 5%-10% of the electorate that generally votes for Republicans thinks like me on this issue and won't change their mind regardless of how many guilt trips, "how could you?," "get with the program," and other things get thrown at us. That's a huge gamble to take in an election that is going to be very close.

My four-word summary on candidate Romney: "this dog won't hunt." There are a lot of efforts to prop up and make more attractive a commodity that, fundamentally, not enough people want.

You can create something that you want to offer the public. You can promote it, throw lots of money at it, have people proclaim that it's the next new thing and imply that something is wrong with them if they don't like it. You can spend money on all types of advertising, make sure that it's available everywhere and that people know how to get it. You can even pair it up with other products that are proven to be commercially viable and try to increase interest in that way. But at the end of the day, if the product you're promoting is New Coke (for those who don't remember it, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke) - or, its political equivalent, a man who is loudly, continually and consistently being rejected by a loud but vocal part of the GOP's political consumer base, it's still going to fail no matter how much money you throw at it or how you try to change the packaging and the products that it is paired up with. The GOP can either address the issue at the convention by putting together a better product together or it can hope for the best and watch it fail later on.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: mxnwilson