Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Newt was already in the position of being two heartbeats away from the presidency. I think that goes a long way in some people's minds, especially Republicans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
all-in-for-Mike wrote:
If someone like Newt were to stand up and speak FRANKLY about their past misdeeds, it could go a long way toward helping not only their own political career, but the moral atmosphere in America. Rather than parsing sentences or blathering some evasive mumbo-jumbo about "past indiscretions," how refreshing it would be to hear someone Newt's age say something like this: "You know, I badly mistreated my first wife. I wish I could go back and have a do-over. I would do it all differently, and better. I hurt her and my children deeply, and those wounds still have present-day ramifications in all their lives. I have asked my first wife for the forgiveness I don't deserve, and she has graciously granted that forgiveness. And I have asked God to forgive me, and make me a more righteous person in all areas of my life. I'm thankful that God forgives anyone who asks Him with a humble and penitent heart. But that doesn't undo the damage I caused to my family, and to the bad example I set for the American people. I am truly sorry."

That would be refreshing confession, and it would go a long way toward helping Newt be a truer example of his conservative beliefs. Our son-in-law was a Gingrich aide at the time and came away with less than favorable views of his personal life while he was Speaker fo the House. There are those who remember and would like to know he has changed, from the inside out.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
voter wrote:
Quote:
He needs to be on Huckabee's cabinet, period.

I have a feeling he could end up on a Huckabee ticket. Newt was the only one who did not take a stab at Huckabee's clemency problems; and, if you recall, Huckabee really defended Newt on the NY-23 Dede vote.

Somehow, in cleaning up my long list of emails, I stumbled across this link on Newt's advice on how to take back the USA. I was especially embarrassed with my own comments, then, in view of the fact that my support for Speaker Gingrich has totally turned around, and in 2012 I actually gave a speech before over 500 Republicans in our county Republican caucus, trying to sell them on what an exceptional man he would be to be our President!

How did this happen? I cannot really say, except that God did a work on my own heart to forgive Newt of his past sins, the thing that had been my hurdle back in 2009, to overcome if I could support him for President.

One thing that has contributed to my thought process has been my own work on an ongoing Bible study for young ladies on the subject of the Song of Solomon and its model for courtship. Yes, that in itself sounds odd, but in God's mercy and sovereignty, He did prompt the Holy Spirit to use this most maritally flawed of men--King Solomon--to write some splendid and pure words of wisdom for all time, in a treatise and dramatic poetic work on marriage, which we call "Song of Solomon." Such are the mysteries of God.

My point is that I had to come to a conclusion or explanation on why God forgives great sinners, and why His grace is so all-sufficient that it can cover the past and make life pure again, on the other side of the cross. And why or how (which may never be fully understandable) God is willing to use "cracked pots" and broken vessels.

The remarkable videos at the beginning of this thread are well-worth seeing again. In fact, they are all the more interesting in view of Newt's recent suspension of his campaign. There is fabulous wisdom in them for 2012, for what the Republicans need to strategize to win against Obama. We need a campaign based, not on personality or tearing down one another, which this Republican primary largely devolved into, but on conservative principle and a cooperative strategy of winning.

Please reread this thread, view the videos, and forgive JustGrace for having not been very gracious toward a man whom I have discovered to be remarkably brilliant as well as humble. Also, really, really, pray for America. We are at a crossroads of losing all our freedoms, as well as our sovereignty, because we have in leadership a man with a very different vision for America. It is one that would have us give our personal rights and sovereignty to be controlled by the United Nations. He aims to place each citizen and taxpayer under an all-intrusive federal government that would rule our lives and take from us every vestige of freedom.

As Americans, we need to heed Newt's call that comes clearly across in the videos above. Fight; become personally involved with faith in what is right, and do not despair because of the darkness that is starting to overwhelm us with defeat. Be a beacon. A salt and light, under God.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, FL4Huck, IowaforHuckabee, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:19 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
Thank you Justgrace for your humble sagacious and VERY gracious attitude, words and actions! Would that we all do the same!

I still hope and trust that GOD will provide a Godly man who doesn't lie, distort the truth or try to ignore his own wrong choices, actions and words. Are we to ignore the dishonesty and dishonor of Romney in order to avoid the dishonesty and dishonor of Obama?

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

I'm sticking with Newt! I serve the GOD of miracles! My hope is in the LORD and I pray He uses Newt to rebuild the America we love! GO NEWT!

"I don't come to you as a person who is perfect. I come to you as a citizen who has sought redemption and has sought God's love and recognizes that you have to shelter under the cross to have any hope of living a full life." —Newt Gingrich
Standing in the shadow of the Cross, there is no fear." —Newt Gingrich

Let's continue to keep Newt and his family in our prayers.

Champions have the courage to keep turning the pages because they know a better chapter lies ahead." —Paula White

Matthew 13:14-15...A act of humility...an opportunity to extend freedom... John8:32... No he's not the Chosen One. But he is the right man for the job. Newt 2012 We will be back...Luke 12:48... we will rebuild the country we love...Matthew 20:26... Keep the faith...1Corinthians 3:23...come to grips with who we are as Americans...Matthew 5:14-15... we ain't seen nothin' yet...1 John 50-51 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlOYVIm ... ture=share

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: mxnwilson