Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
AMEN!!!!! :D

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-06/news/31598284_1_mitt-romney-mike-huckabee-social-conservative-themes

Quote:
For 20 years, Republican strategists have advised presidential candidates to steer clear of “controversial” social issues. Favoring a disciplined focus on “pocketbook” priorities to reach upscale suburban voters, that conventional wisdom not only sounds appealing when the economy struggles, but also comes naturally to Mitt Romney, who personifies the party’s alleged advantage on economic and fiscal matters.

Quote:
Romney, however, would be foolish to presume that a “double-vanilla” ticket — as columnist Michael Barone has called it — would translate into victory in November, or even have a prayer in the tony Philadelphia suburbs. The flaw in the party brass’ strategy is that it ignores the inherent ties between social issues and the economic anxieties of the middle class.

Quote:
Far from a distraction, these social issues relate directly to the economic indicators that are so important to Republican leaders. But by recruiting Huckabee, Romney would help the GOP stand with that “real majority,” an approach that inspired Richard Nixon, paved the way for the Reagan coalition, and offers promise for a party seeking redemption in 2012.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-06/news/31598284_1_mitt-romney-mike-huckabee-social-conservative-themes

Post by Landon has received Likes: 3 Grant, IowaforHuckabee, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I am wondering why the Romney camp leaked that.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Stephen Hall wrote:
I am wondering why the Romney camp leaked that.

I'm thinking/hoping it's a trial balloon.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
"It's not about left and right," Huckabee said. "It's about right and wrong."—Mike Huckabee talking about abortion is not about politics or parties.

"I believe the sanctity of a human life is rooted in who we are as a culture and as a civilization. And should we turn our back on this fundamental truth, we have turned our back on the very essence and foundation of who we are as a people."—Mike Huckabee

"I made a one time decision in my life that I will not compromise my morals or my core values. It may cost me a political race, It may cost me the support of certain groups. It may cost me friends, but it's a price I am willing to pay. When I stand before GOD, I want to be able to say that I lived my life in and out of the political arena as a Christian and didn't compromise my core values for any man."—Mike Huckabee

"For me this is an issue that—as I've said before—it transcends all of the political issues. I've often said I would gladly lose an election before I would ever yield on the issue of the sanctity of human life." —Mike Huckabee

"Can you let the tragedy of abortion go unchecked while we get our financial house in order? I can't. I will not!" — Mike Huckabee

"Unless we hold up the importance of marriage and family I don't care how much we change the tax code or the tax policy we will never be able to get our economy righted."—Mike Huckabee

The American People aren't so much interested in a demolition derby with the other members of the party. There are some real issues that we need to be fighting for and one of them is the sanctity of life. —Mike Huckabee

While Massachusetts was allowing homosexual marriage, I got Arkansas to adopt covenant marriage. My wife Janet and I upgraded our vows on Valentine's Day 2005. —Mike Huckabee

The protection of the intrinsic worth and value of every single human life and the preservation of traditional marriage is fundamental and foundational to all that Governor Huckabee has ever stood for, championed and fought for.

In order to accept the VP position should Romney win the nomination, Huckabee would basically have to give all that up in order support, follow, and back up his lead man, Romney—the man who is ultimately responsible for the introduction of gay marriage in this country as well as being a very hard core supporter of abortion on demand, (accept when he flipflopped to be prolife to campaign for several different offices) even naming Planned Parenthood specifically as the ONLY named provider in Romneycare.

Is Governor Huckabee really willing and prepared to give up his most basic and important core values for a mere VP slot?

I hope and pray he is not. :pray

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: brownkb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
akprayingmom wrote:
"It's not about left and right," Huckabee said. "It's about right and wrong."—Mike Huckabee talking about abortion is not about politics or parties.

"I believe the sanctity of a human life is rooted in who we are as a culture and as a civilization. And should we turn our back on this fundamental truth, we have turned our back on the very essence and foundation of who we are as a people."—Mike Huckabee

"I made a one time decision in my life that I will not compromise my morals or my core values. It may cost me a political race, It may cost me the support of certain groups. It may cost me friends, but it's a price I am willing to pay. When I stand before GOD, I want to be able to say that I lived my life in and out of the political arena as a Christian and didn't compromise my core values for any man."—Mike Huckabee

"For me this is an issue that—as I've said before—it transcends all of the political issues. I've often said I would gladly lose an election before I would ever yield on the issue of the sanctity of human life." —Mike Huckabee

"Can you let the tragedy of abortion go unchecked while we get our financial house in order? I can't. I will not!" — Mike Huckabee

"Unless we hold up the importance of marriage and family I don't care how much we change the tax code or the tax policy we will never be able to get our economy righted."—Mike Huckabee

The American People aren't so much interested in a demolition derby with the other members of the party. There are some real issues that we need to be fighting for and one of them is the sanctity of life. —Mike Huckabee

While Massachusetts was allowing homosexual marriage, I got Arkansas to adopt covenant marriage. My wife Janet and I upgraded our vows on Valentine's Day 2005. —Mike Huckabee

The protection of the intrinsic worth and value of every single human life and the preservation of traditional marriage is fundamental and foundational to all that Governor Huckabee has ever stood for, championed and fought for.

In order to accept the VP position should Romney win the nomination, Huckabee would basically have to give all that up in order support, follow, and back up his lead man, Romney—the man who is ultimately responsible for the introduction of gay marriage in this country as well as being a very hard core supporter of abortion on demand, (accept when he flipflopped to be prolife to campaign for several different offices) even naming Planned Parenthood specifically as the ONLY named provider in Romneycare.

Is Governor Huckabee really willing and prepared to give up his most basic and important core values for a mere VP slot?

I hope and pray he is not. :pray

Quite an accusation.

First of all, Gov Huckabee has already said he's going to support Romney as the nominee. It's irrelevant whether he does that as VP or as radio host. Support is support.

Second, Mitt Romney is the pro life, pro traditional marriage candidate in this race, and Pres Obama is the pro choice, pro homosexual marriage candidate. Maybe you don't trust Romney, but don't accuse Gov Huckabee of betraying his principles because he does sufficiently trust Romney.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
[quote="Miserere"]Mitt Romney is the pro life, pro traditional marriage candidate in this race,

If Romney is the pro-life pro traditional marriage candidate in this race, we're in trouble. Look what happened to John McCain. And he was much more solid than Romney has EVER been.

It is one thing to support the nominee when the primaries are all over. But we have still 11 states to vote. Romney has only gotten less than 900 delegates so far. He is not the nominee yet.

My problem with Governor Huckabee is he started supporting Romney as the nominee a long time before the end of the primary season. That is compromising his values in my book.

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: brownkb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
akprayingmom wrote:
Miserere wrote:
Mitt Romney is the pro life, pro traditional marriage candidate in this race,

If Romney is the pro-life pro traditional marriage candidate in this race, we're in trouble. Look what happened to John McCain. And he was much more solid than Romney has EVER been.

It is one thing to support the nominee when the primaries are all over. But we have still 11 states to vote. Romney has only gotten less than 900 delegates so far. He is not the nominee yet.

My problem with Governor Huckabee is he started supporting Romney as the nominee a long time before the end of the primary season. That is compromising his values in my book.

I'm failing to see the point you're making about John McCain.

And clearly, no one is catching Mitt Romney at this point. Just like news orgs can call a race before every last vote is counted, we can call this one. It's not compromising, it's not a conspiracy, it's good old fashioned reality.

He's the nominee. There's no coherent case to be made that he's not the nominee.

If Huckabee has compromised, then so has the beloved Speaker Newt (actually moreso since Newt has formally endorsed ROmney while Huck has not). I find it odd that you're calling out Huckabee on a Huckabee fan site for something you haven't apparently called Newt Gingrich out for. My sense is this is some kind of rule violation (or a violation of the spirit of the rules in any event).

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.