Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... costa?pg=2

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Interesting.....I wrote the following email to Robert Costa in response to a previous article he wrote re. the VP search......(he didn't reply).

Robert,

How is it that Governor Mike Huckabee did not get a mention in this article? I can't think of a stronger choice to fill out the GOP ticket.
Experience: 10 1/2 yrs. Governor Arkansas
Social Cred: Through the roof
Geography: Very strong throughout the South
Charisma: Through the roof
Oratory: Highly skilled communicator...and would clean Biden's clock in their debate
Skeletons: None - Already been vetted
Name recognition: Favorite to win nomination prior to deciding not to run. Popular host on Fox News and syndicated radio
Well liked by: women, minorities, middle/low classes

He has indicated a reluctance to take the job which may lower the likelihood of his selection, but so have all the others who are frequently mentioned. This should not preclude him from being part of articles which ruminate on this hot topic (yours and others).

Regards,
Steve

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Picked up @ GOP 12
http://gop12.thehill.com/2012/05/huckab ... ts-up.html

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
How interesting. If this happens, I will actually have an excuse to vote this fall.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Stephen Hall wrote:
How interesting. If this happens, I will actually have an excuse to vote this fall.

Same here. This is about the only thing that could get me genuinely excited about voting for a ticket with Romney's name on it come November. Picking Huckabee has huge political upside, in my opinion, and if there's one thing we know about Mitt it's that he's never been one to pass up huge political upside when he sees it. It's good to hear that, if nothing else, he sees it here.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I have already decided I will not vote for Romney nor Obama....Putting Gov. Huckabee on the ticket is the ONLY way I will vote for Romney....I would actually volunteer for that ticket...anything that gets Huckabee in a better position to be president.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
Romney is an even worse disaster in 2012 then he was in 2008. Governor Huckabee did not mince his words about the truth of Romney in 2008 like he tends to do now.

It will be a tragedy of astronomical proportions if Romney actually does get the GOP nomination in August. Romney will not beat Obama because he is too much like him. What would make it worse is for Huckabee to join Romney on the ticket.
In order for Huckabee to accept the VP slot with Romney he would have to basically give up all the values that made Huckabee who he is and what drew people to him.

We have been seeing a tiny preview of that in the way Governor Huckabee has not held Romney accountable to his words, actions, and VERY moderate to liberal voting record and governing.
We have seen it every time Governor Huckabee gave Romney a pass in interviews including on his own show where Romney lied to his face at least a half dozen times and Huckabee didn't call him on it.
We have seen it in the Huck Presidential Forums and especially the third one where it was blatantly obvious the Romney was given softball and sympathy questions to get voters in tune with Romney's "softer, caring side."

Nope, I would be very sad to see Huckabee join Romney as VP. It would just prove that all the evidence that has been piling up for the last several months is absolutely true. :balling

"If a man is dishonest to obtain a job, he'll be dishonest on the job." —Mike Huckabee
"If your going to be elected to a job, you need to be elected to do the job that is best for the citizens, not for your own political future whether your Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney"— Mike Huckabee 2008

"I have always believed that ultimately, people would rather elect those with the courage to make tough decisions than those who've governed so as to preserve their own political future at the expense of a better future for coming generations." —Mike Huckabee

"Don't ever let expediency or electability replace our principles." —Mike Huckabee
"Character is who we are when no one is looking but GOD."—Mike Huckabee

"In some ways politics has become captive to the whole mindset of the ebay generation with politics going to the highest bidder. The one who can raise the most cash rather than those who raise the highest level of consciousness and conscience."—Mike Huckabee

"Americans would like to have a president that didn't buy his way in to the White House, but earned it. not by working hard to be elected, but also by living the American dream one step at a time." —Mike Huckabee

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

In 2008, Mike Huckabee said of Mitt Romney, “I want to be a president who reminds you of the guy you work with, not the guy who laid you off." Huckabee was in agreement with Newt about Bain in 2008. What made him do a 180 degree turn against his own words? Why is Huck now willing to support the sale of the presidency? Only GOD knows!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
nrobyar wrote:
I have already decided I will not vote for Romney nor Obama....Putting Gov. Huckabee on the ticket is the ONLY way I will vote for Romney....I would actually volunteer for that ticket...anything that gets Huckabee in a better position to be president.

My position is contained in the first part of your comment: I have already decided I will not vote for Romney nor Obama. Period.

I agree with a lot of what akprayingmom wrote, especially about both Romney and Obama being a lot alike. They would really be excellent running mates.

I am so completely disappointed with the choice of candidates America seems to have.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: brownkb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
TheValuesVoter wrote:
nrobyar wrote:

My position is contained in the first part of your comment: I have already decided I will not vote for Romney nor Obama. Period.

I agree with a lot of what akprayingmom wrote, especially about both Romney and Obama being a lot alike. They would really be excellent running mates.

I am so completely disappointed with the choice of candidates America seems to have.

Totally agree with you TVV and akprayingmom. You've expressed my feelings better than I could. Feeling kinda disgusted with politicians these days. :wall-yellow

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:22 pm 
***** General

I actually feel it would be extemely unpatriotic to turn down a vp offer if you thought you would benefit the ticket. I think Gov. Huckabee cares about the country and would have a very hard time rejecting an invitation to be on the ticket. If they didnt win, Huckabee would be in line for the nomination in 2016. We all know that, in the Rep. party, that's pretty much how it goes.

Post by nrobyar Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Politics is the art of the possible.

Given a bad situation, I think we all in our own lives at least try to mitigate the damages. Legally speaking, one has a duty to mitigate damages in a variety of circumstances, e.g., in contracts law after a breach of contract, in torts law after some kind of injury, etc.

In 2013, President Obama will be sworn in again, or Mitt Romney will be sworn into his first term.

Mitigate the damages, folks. No one can coherently argue that Obama would be better for the country. As I've said three billion times, all other things being equal, the opportunity to prevent Obama replacing Scalia/Thomas/Kennedy with a Kagan is incredibly important to anyone who cares about overturning Roe v Wade.

For God's sake, we're Christians. We shouldn't expect to have incredible political leaders of integrity. It's a broken world, a broken country, an imperfect system, and so on.

By all means, blame the good men who didn't run. Blame the good men who don't get into politics. If you're so much better than Mitt Romney, blame yourself for not getting into politics.

I think we can blame a lot of people for a lot of things. But come November, anyone who knows the terrible agenda of the President, and who knows that at the very least in Mitt Romney we have an opportunity to avert some of the worst aspects of the President's agenda, and who knowing these things still stays home or throws his vote away, then such a person should be added to the list of people who should be blamed for our predicament.

We're in a bind, but at the very least we have a duty to mitigate the damages. Vote to protect the 4 pro life votes on the court, or vote (or abstain) to spite the "establishment" or whatever the case may be. That's the choice. I think it should be clear to all of us which is the responsible, adult choice.

EDIT: Just realized I've stumbled onto a terrific slogan for reluctant Romney supporters. Mittigate the Damages. Romney 2012.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, FL4Huck, Grant

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Just wonder if this is a bone being thrown to appease the Huckabee supporters. Remember how angered we were in 2008 when we found out that Huckabee was not being vetted for McCain's short list.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Miserere wrote:
EDIT: Just realized I've stumbled onto a terrific slogan for reluctant Romney supporters. Mittigate the Damages. Romney 2012.

In terms of a slogan, I was thinking more along the lines of "Just adMitt he's a liberal" or "he's comMitted to saying whatever we want to hear."

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: brownkb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
I was reminded of when McCain floated Joe Lieberman's name. The response from conservatives was loud and clear, and his name disappeared from the short list with great haste (much to McCain's disappointment, I think).

If this is a trial balloon, and you support the idea of GMH on the ticket, I would recommend getting busy. Respond to the articles, tweet, FB, etc. They're looking for responses, especially from folks like us, or they wouldn't be floating his name at all.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Much as I would love for Huckabee to find a pathway to the White House, I am also reminded that it is a "flip-flopper" who is being determined to be at the top of the ticket by the Republican establishment, etc. After downloading, printing and reading the 200 pages of opposition info. on Romney, prob. from McCain's campaign in 2008, I I would have to ask, "Which Romney might this be who is asking Huckabee?: the pro-life or the pro-choice one? The pro-gay marriage proponent or the happily married symbol of husband-hood? I would have to think if he asked Huckabee this week, that by next week Mitt Romney would have to flip-flop on that decision, too.

"A double-minded man is unstable in all of his ways." - James

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, brownkb, Patriot4America, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:13 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
justgrace wrote:
Much as I would love for Huckabee to find a pathway to the White House, I am also reminded that it is a "flip-flopper" who is being determined to be at the top of the ticket by the Republican establishment, etc. After downloading, printing and reading the 200 pages of opposition info. on Romney, prob. from McCain's campaign in 2008, I I would have to ask, "Which Romney might this be who is asking Huckabee?: the pro-life or the pro-choice one? The pro-gay marriage proponent or the happily married symbol of husband-hood? I would have to think if he asked Huckabee this week, that by next week Mitt Romney would have to flip-flop on that decision, too.

Amen Justgrace! My thoughts exactly! :(

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: Patriot4America

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

akprayingmom wrote:
justgrace wrote:

Amen Justgrace! My thoughts exactly! :(

You both have read my mind! A great read here by a pastor in IA as he explains why he will not be voting for Mitt:

http://aarongorn.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/the-tertium-quid-2/

Quote:
The disqualifications for both Romney and Obama are legion and well-documented. It is not my intention to prove that statement here, as others have already done a much better job of this than I could. I’ll just say this: If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you probably haven’t taken a serious, in-depth look at either man. The information I’m referring to is readily available.

The “lesser of two evils” argument is getting thrown around quite a lot, but I do not find this to be compelling. That argument is fine when it’s a figure of speech, and there are no moral consequences to one’s decision. But in this case, each man’s record is such that 1) we really are talking about evil, and 2) it would be extremely difficult to determine which one is actually the lesser evil. I could not, with any degree of confidence, select the lesser evil in this case even if I were convinced it was biblically permissible to do so.

“So, who are you going to vote for, then?” I don’t know. I may vote third-party, I may write-in someone, or I may not vote at all for President. But whatever I do or don’t do, I will consciously be placing the outcome of the election in the merciful hands of God. Let me explain…

Quote:
David faced an impossible choice in his day. But he had to choose. So he chose to fall into the hands of the Lord. We too are likely to face an impossible choice this November. But we have to choose. So, like David, I will be choosing to fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is very great. I’ve already seen what’s behind Door #1 and Door #2; and not only am I not interested in affirming either, I am not permitted to affirm either. Like Israel, we too are always ultimately in the hands of the Lord. So I will opt for the tertium quid, and trust in God’s mercy for the results of the election.

He pretty much sums up my thoughts much more eloquently than I can. I choose to obey God and that means NOT voting for someone who is NOT consistently pro-life and pro-marriage (as opposed to one who is running as a pro-life candidate). I choose to obey and leave the rest to God. He is sovereign and all our scheming won't make a righteous outcome.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

TheValuesVoter wrote:
Miserere wrote:

In terms of a slogan, I was thinking more along the lines of "Just adMitt he's a liberal" or "he's comMitted to saying whatever we want to hear."

:floor

Just got the message that Mitt is coming to Charlotte tomorrow. But he wasn't around while we were working hard to pass our marriage amendment and he never made a statement supporting it. Really folks, he is a disaster. If he wanted to win NC, he would have been here rallying for our marriage amendment but he wasn't. He says he believes in traditional marriage but he will not fight to protect it, in MA or NC. You're right TVV, he'll say anything. But watch his actions as they tell a different story.

Post by brownkb Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Did you see his show last weekend, where the strategist guy was going through the different scenarios of who Romney should pick for VP? On the last one, he picked Mike and Mike said he didn't know he was going to (which I believe). This was the first time I didn't see Mike back away, humbly making a joke about it or something. To me, it was a total change in his reaction.

I disagree with being against Mike for VP. The sooner we get Mike Huckabee into the White House, the better; even if it takes four years of VP, at least he will be there on a daily basis advising Romney.

I'm sick of the games and the guilt trips of which candidate is most holy (or not) and the strategizing based on our understanding of what God wants or what's best for Mike's future, or trying to discern God's direction in Mike's life. We are in a crisis. God will take care of all of that according to His will - not our simple minds.

Yes, maybe God is saying, "be still" and "wait" (another four years); but what if he is saying "go, act now" or, as we like to refer to on this board, "I sent you a boat....." (Mike in '08, Newt or Santorum depending on your choice, in '12) "and you messed that up, so here's your floating device - it may take a while, but at least you will eventually get there if you choose to work hard enough (and choose to accept it rather than throw it back)".

Mike appears to be what this country needs and whatever route it takes to get him there, as long as it's not illegal or immoral, I'm for it. If Mike being Romney's VP is God's plan to get him in the door, then we shouldn't fight it because we are too worried about how it will affect him in the future or we don't think Romney is holy enough (we already know he's not - but we've talked about imperfect vessels before). If we have to have a Mormon in the White House, then I want a Christian, former pastor there watching his every move and advising him - not just another good politician.

How much better would it be to have Mike Huckabee talking with foreign diplomats vs. Joe Biden (and Israel???)? Seriously, how can anyone suggest four more years of Obama would be better?

It boils back down to the fact that I trust Mike and his ability to discern God's direction for himself. I know he won't step into this unless he's got the go ahead from the only One that matters. (For those of you that no longer trust Mike's sincerity and ability to do this, maybe this board it no longer where you should be.) God told him "not now" before. If he is telling him "now", why should we think we know better?

What Romney's campaign needs to know is that the grassroots won't show up at all to help him at this point unless there's a good VP on the ticket and their only option is Mike. I can't imagine anyone else rallying the grassroots, other than him.

I'm still not sure I can hold my nose and vote for Romney, but if Mike's on the ticket, I will do it knowing that he will be there advising him.

Barring a miracle, which we can still pray for, we don't have many choices, if any, left. We need to weigh our options and see what we've got. Since it looks like we will have an imperfect President, at least we need a Christian, extremely intelligent, Huckabee advising him, rather than a (I won't judge, but you can fill in the blank) Biden.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
***** General

Most all comments said they were (at least) ok with Huck on the ticket.......hardly anyone with gripes....

Post by nrobyar Liked by: justgrace