Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I say we should start sending emails to Romney's camp saying how much we want a Romney/Huckabee ticket. Can't hurt....does anyone have and email address?????

Post by nrobyar Liked by: Texan4Huckabee
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 am 
Private

Liked: 8
justgrace wrote:

"A double-minded man is unstable in all of his ways." - James

AMEN just grace!

Post by Patriot4America Liked by: brownkb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:03 pm 
Private

Liked: 12
I wholeheartedly agree. If you don't like the color of the lifeboat, then go ahead and stay aboard the Titanic and enjoy the violins for a few more minutes. Ya don't have to like the color, but not voting at all is like going from your cabin to the deck. It's not about you, it's about who is going to nominate the next Supreme Court Justices. If we win back the Senate and keep the House, Mitt will sign the bills they send to him. I don't like Mitt any more than anyone else here at Huck's Army (he's been less than sincere, been wrong on some issues, been a flip-flopper, been mean to Huckabee when it suited his goals, won the GOP nomination by outspending and being negative, etc, etc, etc.) but don't be like the kid on the block that gets out and says he's taking his baseball home and nobody else can play. Huck didn't run, Santorum lost, but that shouldn't make us want to quit and go home. Don't whine about not being in a perfect political world, please just help stop Obama. Pinch your nose if you must, but plan on going into that booth and pulling the lever for the guy that will at least not nominate some Jane Fonda type of Justice to SCOTUS. And I love the slogan: MITTigate the Damages.

Given a bad situation, I think we all in our own lives at least try to mitigate the damages. Legally speaking, one has a duty to mitigate damages in a variety of circumstances, e.g., in contracts law after a breach of contract, in torts law after some kind of injury, etc.

In 2013, President Obama will be sworn in again, or Mitt Romney will be sworn into his first term.

Mitigate the damages, folks. No one can coherently argue that Obama would be better for the country. As I've said three billion times, all other things being equal, the opportunity to prevent Obama replacing Scalia/Thomas/Kennedy with a Kagan is incredibly important to anyone who cares about overturning Roe v Wade.

For God's sake, we're Christians. We shouldn't expect to have incredible political leaders of integrity. It's a broken world, a broken country, an imperfect system, and so on.

By all means, blame the good men who didn't run. Blame the good men who don't get into politics. If you're so much better than Mitt Romney, blame yourself for not getting into politics.

I think we can blame a lot of people for a lot of things. But come November, anyone who knows the terrible agenda of the President, and who knows that at the very least in Mitt Romney we have an opportunity to avert some of the worst aspects of the President's agenda, and who knowing these things still stays home or throws his vote away, then such a person should be added to the list of people who should be blamed for our predicament.

We're in a bind, but at the very least we have a duty to mitigate the damages. Vote to protect the 4 pro life votes on the court, or vote (or abstain) to spite the "establishment" or whatever the case may be. That's the choice. I think it should be clear to all of us which is the responsible, adult choice.

EDIT: Just realized I've stumbled onto a terrific slogan for reluctant Romney supporters. Mittigate the Damages. Romney 2012.[/quote]