Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 am 

Liked: 152
I'm happy to see Huck's Army is back up and running.

Update: It looks like there's still some problems going on with the site. Hopefully, they'll be fixed soon.

I'm also happy to see that others are interested in Huck as VP.

Quote:
Backers See Huckabee Filling VP Niche

If Mitt Romney's most pressing consideration in selecting a running mate is to find someone who can expand his appeal among independents or a critical demographic that remains up for grabs, several candidates would likely fit the bill better than Mike Huckabee.

But if the former Massachusetts governor instead concludes that his right flank is not as secure as it needs to be, Huckabee may be among his best options.

The winner of the 2008 Iowa caucuses remains one of the most popular and well-recognized conservatives nationwide, and his decision not to launch a second presidential run removed what might have been Romney’s toughest competitor on the road to the Republican nomination.

Read more of the two page article here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/05/29/backers_see_huckabee_filling_vp_niche.html

Post by GrannyT has received Likes: 2 chapelccino, ColoradoMom4Huckabee
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Saw this being discussed on Facebook. This is the only way Romney's going to get my active support.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Saw this being discussed on Facebook. This is the only way Romney's going to get my active support.

To be honest, I think that we here at Huck's Army need to let bygones be bygones in some respects over not helping Romney. No, it's probably not that we will forget what happened in 2008, but we need to realize the importance that we must do something!

My reasoning for this is that the next President, whether it be Obama or Romney will decide whether Roe vs. Wade is overturned. This is the year that the abolition of abortion will be decided. The next President will in all likelihood be appointing 2-3 Supreme Court justices. If Obama wins, he will appoint pro-choice, pro-abortion judges. If Romney wins, at least we have a better chance at getting Pro-Life judges. Judges are appointed around their fifties or so, and stay for many, many years. If Obama wins, all of the headway that the Pro-Life movement has made will be in jeopardy.

It is far better to have someone who has been pro-choice and now says he is pro-life, than to have someone who is VERY blatant in his pro-abortion view and will almost certainly never entertain the idea of appointing a pro-life judge.

I urge my Huck's Army friends to re-evaluate and consider what is at stake. LIFE is at stake. We must take action. Even if you don't volunteer directly for the Romney campaign, please, please consider volunteering for a local family action group, a pro-life group, etc.

We need to get rid of abortion in this country. Please don't let your dislike of Romney keep you from supporting LIFE!

(I am convinced that we must do something. Especially after hearing Kristan Hawkins, Executive Director with Students for Life of America speak at their WI GOTV Squad event that is happening now.)

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

Post by ohiorepublican09 Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
So glad this site is backto normal....I had already decided that I would not vote this election. To be honest, personally I like Obama better than Romney. On a political note, of course I disagree with him on almost every issue. However, are we better off with 4 more years of Obama or 8 years of Romney. The ONLY way I'll be voting for Romney is with Huckabee on the ticket. My husband had already said he would NOT vote for Romney. Now he says, if Huckabee is on the ticket, he will vote for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
Oh, so glad to see HA up again! Hope all the bugs are out now. Thanks to all who have worked to get it running.

I will likely end up voting for Romney, but it's definitely a hold-my-nose situation. It's not so much a matter of forgiving him, but of trusting him. I just don't.

However, I am in total agreement with you about supporting LIFE! I think we need to do a lot more ground work on the local/state level, to put excellent life-champions in office there. Then, when the next few fields of presidential players come along, we may have some better choices. Being active with local life groups and pregnancy resource centers is also vital.

As far as this year goes, if Mitt chooses Mike he'll inherit an army. Not everyone here, of course, feels that way, but many do, and I think many others would change their minds if Mike were on the ticket and asked us to help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 am 

Liked: 152
I've been rather discouraged ever since all of the conservative choices suspended their campaigns and had taken some time off from politics. I still don't trust Romney but have somewhat decided to vote for him IF and ONLY IF he chooses a strong values conservative as his VP to at least somewhat help me to believe he is willing to "run as a conservative". Of course there is no way in the world I'd vote for Obama (or Ron Paul if his supporters are able to steal the nomination) - but IF Romney doesn't choose a strong values conservative as his VP - I'll vote 3rd Party or write in "NONE of the above". If Romney chooses another wish-washy moderate/liberal as his VP it might open things up for a strong 3rd Party ticket. I do not yet know if Virgil Goode is a strong enough candidate but am leaning that way if the Romney ticket does not earn my vote.

I really am concerned about America's future. I hate the thought of how much worse the Obama changes can become if he is re-elected. I've been praying that if God wants me to vote for Romney that He will show me (can't help it - my parents were both from Missouri - the "show me" state) by nudging Romney to pick a values conservative as his VP. That is the only way I'll be swayed to hold my nose and vote for Romney. Of course, I wish he'd choose Huckabee - but have a feeling the establishment won't let him even if he wanted to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
The following is part of an email from Mike Gonidakis, President of Ohio Right to Life (there is a link below & emphasis below is theirs). Perhaps, the email will help you to see that what I said above is not just me making up stories.

I know where you are all coming from in not trusting Romney. Trust me, I wanted Huckabee, too. I am less than thrilled about Romney being our nominee. However, staying home and not voting, voting 3rd party, not helping GOTV, and other things will not help further the cause of life. Simply helping state/local candidates will help further the cause, but not completely. (Nor will it help the cause of marriage, which many of us care about.)

If Romney wins, and has the opportunity to appoint Supreme Court Justices, there has been pressure put on him by the Pro-Life community to appoint Pro-Life judges. (With more Pro-Life judges there is more of a chance that Roe vs. Wade could be overturned and the abortion issue be sent back to the states, and some states would almost overnight get rid of abortion. Then from state to state the Pro-Life community could travel to end abortion.) I get the sense that while Romney doesn't exactly thrill the Pro-Life leaders either, they would rather take their chances with a man who says he has had a change of heart than with a man who is the most pro-abortion President ever and who will not have a change of heart.

Waiting for a more Conservative, Pro-Life candidate after another 4 years of Obama will not, I repeat, will not advance the cause of life.

Because I know many of you believe strongly in the Life issue, and it is a trump card for you, I urge you to reconsider.

Quote:
I know there's a lot of campaign rhetoric floating through your inbox. You've read about the candidates and their supporters, but I want to talk about four other people who may impact our country more than anyone:

Justice Scalia, Justice Kennedy, Justice Breyer and Justice Ginsburg.

These men and women are four of the nine Supreme Court justices that currently play an integral role in making the decisions that shape our lives.

Why is it important that we talk about our Supreme Court justices now, when Obama is unleashing the most outrageous, pro-abortion attacks on our country that we have ever seen?

It is important because Justice Scalia is 76 years old, Justice Kennedy is 75 years old, Justice Breyer is 73 years old, and Justice Ginsburg is 79 years old.

There is a high likelihood that we will see as many as four open seats on the Supreme Court over the next four years with these justices nearing retirement.

As we approach this election, we need to become well-versed in the basics of our judicial branch of government. The facts are these:

Supreme Court justices are not elected; they are appointed.
Supreme Court justices are not term-limited; they serve for a lifetime.

We have the power to elect the president who will appoint their replacements.

Four new justices will serve a life-long term. Four years could mean a lifetime.

At Ohio Right to Life, we're spending our time and resources getting the word out and activating grassroots support in order to save unborn children and end abortion.

If President Obama is reelected, he has the power to leave his pro-abortion allies on the Supreme Court for a lifetime.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... xE3T1rV8_k

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:08 am 
** General

Liked: 107
It looks like the quote and like buttons aren't back yet. Glad to have most of the site up though!

Nrobyar, I agree with you and right now I'm leaning towards voting for the Constitution Party. Their platform is what the GOP is supposed to stand for. My mom is really working on me, trying to get me to vote for Romney, but I feel that it's better to make a stand now and work towards a conservative candidate in 4 years. I don't want to forever keep giving in and voting for someone just because they have an R in front of their name. Our country needs more than 2 choices!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:58 am 
Corporal

Liked: 8
I voted for the Constitution party candidate in 2008
and just may do the same this time as well.
The Constitution party didn't get on the ballot in a lot of states
and I had to do a write-in, but the peaceof mind from not
having to vote for the lesser of two evils was worth it.

“They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do. Government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulation low and that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues, you know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world, and I think most conservatives understand that individuals can’t go it alone.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:29 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Looks like Romney might need Huckabee after all... :D

Quote:
Both campaigns expect Romney to win the majority of the voters in these reliably Republican places, but Obama's team is trying to keep the margin as narrow as it was in 2008, when he lost rural voters by just 8 percentage points to John McCain. Romney's team, in turn, is looking to run up the score, perhaps as high as the 19 percentage point advantage that George W. Bush enjoyed among rural voters in his 2004 re-election bid.

Quote:
The most recent Associated Press-GfK poll of voters who identified as living in a rural area backed Romney 47 percent to Obama's 45 percent.

Quote:
Sabrina Matthews, 36, is a customer service representative from Marion, Va., population 5,968 in the 2010 census, who supports Obama.

"I feel like he just knows where people like me came from," she said of the president who often talks of humble beginnings. "He started out with nothing. To get where he's at, he didn't start out with an advantage."

That, Matthews says, stands in contrast to Romney, the multimillionaire founder of a venture capital firm.

"I do not like him at all. I don't know him personally but the things that he says, says he's for the big companies and he's not for the little people," she said. "He's always had things handed to him. He started out rich. He is still rich. I'm a middle-class person. I work really hard for what little I have."

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/romney-and-obama-compete-1458361.html