Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
What happened to it? The link that Huckabee sent out doesn't work anymore and anything on Facebook about it has been taken down? Any ideas?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:38 pm 

Liked: 57
I don't see it either I guess facebook took it down?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
From Gov. Huckabee on his FB page:

Quote:
A number of you are asking questions about the Chick Fil-A event. The event disappeared from my page this morning and we have asked Facebook to look into this. I will update you as soon as I know more. The event is still on and the info should be back up soon.

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/p ... 2364077869

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Glenn Beck had kind words today re: Huckabee and Chick-fil-a. I plan to go...August 1st, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I'm an hour away from a Chick-Fil-A but if I need to run some errands I will go there August 1. I will be in town tomorrow for an eye appointment and will try to eat lunch there to show my support.

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: ConservTexan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 am 
Private

Liked: 8
O.K. all...call me "uniformed" :shock: but what is a Chick-Fil-A :?: Sounds like what you would get at a local pub...after you've had a few too many...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Chick-Fil-A is the greatest fast food establishment in America and a model for what a company should be. Every item on their menu is better than anything you could get from any other restaurant. The Chick-Fil-A sandwich is incredible. The fries are incredible. The lemonade is the best I've ever had. Even their cookies are better than those of any other fast food place. The people who work there are, without exception, friendly and helpful, and answer every customer request with "my pleasure." And from a business standpoint, they willingly forfeit a lot of money every week by choosing to remain closed on Sundays. They give 10% of their profits to charity (they tithe). They have college scholarship programs for their younger employees. They constantly score as the fast food establishment with the highest customer satisfaction.

And simply because the owner has the courage to say that he disagrees with same sex marriage, some people are trying to paint this great company as some sort of a pariah.

I live a mile from a Chick-Fil-A and go there all the time. But, so help me God, on August 1st, I'm going to spend as much money as I can possibly spend there, not only to enjoy some of their fantastic food and service but to send a message. I'm trying to figure out who I can give the food to, because I am going to buy much more than my family and I can eat in a day. I'm tired of great people and companies being demonized just for refusing to compromise on their faith. If you've never been to Chick-Fil-A, find one and get a good meal in a short time period and for a reasonable cost. And, if you can, on August 1st, please join a bunch of us in making that day the most profitable day that CFA has ever experienced.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 8 brownkb, christopher.wilkerson, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT, Grant, Landon, Miranda, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:24 am 

Liked: 152
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Chick-Fil-A is the greatest fast food establishment in America and a model for what a company should be. Every item on their menu is better than anything you could get from any other restaurant. The Chick-Fil-A sandwich is incredible. The fries are incredible. The lemonade is the best I've ever had. Even their cookies are better than those of any other fast food place. The people who work there are, without exception, friendly and helpful, and answer every customer request with "my pleasure." And from a business standpoint, they willingly forfeit a lot of money every week by choosing to remain closed on Sundays. They give 10% of their profits to charity (they tithe). They have college scholarship programs for their younger employees. They constantly score as the fast food establishment with the highest customer satisfaction.

And simply because the owner has the courage to say that he disagrees with same sex marriage, some people are trying to paint this great company as some sort of a pariah.

I live a mile from a Chick-Fil-A and go there all the time. But, so help me God, on August 1st, I'm going to spend as much money as I can possibly spend there, not only to enjoy some of their fantastic food and service but to send a message. I'm trying to figure out who I can give the food to, because I am going to buy much more than my family and I can eat in a day. I'm tired of great people and companies being demonized just for refusing to compromise on their faith. If you've never been to Chick-Fil-A, find one and get a good meal in a short time period and for a reasonable cost. And, if you can, on August 1st, please join a bunch of us in making that day the most profitable day that CFA has ever experienced.

TVV,
Thank you for putting your money where your mouth is. Surely you have to know someone that would love to go but doesn't have the money. In our small church we have several out of work or underemployed. If you don't know anyone personally that would like to go, maybe you could buy gift certificates and offer them as prizes for some type of youth activity in your church. scratch

Post by GrannyT Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:33 am 

Liked: 152
Patriot4America wrote:
O.K. all...call me "uniformed" :shock: but what is a Chick-Fil-A :?: Sounds like what you would get at a local pub...after you've had a few too many...

The closest Chick-fil-A is over an hour away and I've never eaten at one. I am seriously considering making the drive next Wed. - if I can get some of my kids/grandkids to go along. From what I've read, they invented the chicken sandwich.

Here are links to their website and their FaceBook page
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ChickfilA

Edit:
Here's the link to Huckabee's Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day FaceBook public event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/266281243473841/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 am 
***** General

GrannyT,

I completely forgot about Gift Certificates. That's a fantastic idea!!!

Also, for those of you who are on Facebook (I am not), please comment on Carol Costello's CNN Facebook page as she is asking whether or not it's right for politicians like those in Boston and Chicago to try to block CFA from opening new stores because of their opposition to same-sex marriage. Please keep it classy and don't take any bait to say anything that can be interpreted as anything but constructive and respectful. But please comment to http://www.facebook.com/CarolCNN.

(I am probably going to re-open my FB account just because so many sites require you to have one, although I'm not a social media type. But many of you do right now, so, let's stand up and be counted!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:41 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
Love the gift card idea! We have one about 2 miles from us and we eat there almost exclusively for eating out fast food. A few favorites of mine:

Southwest grilled chicken salad (the dressing that comes with it has a spicy kick so I usually get ranch) but it's so fresh and delicious!

Spicy chicken sandwich is fabulous!

My very favorite is the milkshakes! We just tried the new cookies last week and they are fabulous too! And they serve them HOT! They also have new sundaes that we haven't tried. So we have a good reason to go next week! To try the sundaes!

:mrgreen:

We've always eaten at Chick-fil-A because I too love the business model. And when my boys were much younger, they would bring our food out because they saw a mom with young children. They just are a different business and I wish there were 1000 more just like them!!

Post by brownkb Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm 
** General

Yahoo has posted how to make their chicken sandwich for people boycotting Chik-Fil-A. :roll:

They also posted this.

Quote:
Even The Muppets have opted to sever ties with the restaurant chain. "The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors," the company said in a statement via Facebook. "Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD."

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/chick-fil-alternative-diy-fried-chicken-sandwiches-home-203300576.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
This issue could turn out to be fortuitous in terms of timing for Huckabee. This Chick-Fil-A campaign could create a surge of popularity for Huck, and turn the national discussion to the social/biblical issues. Right when Romney is due to pick his VP.....

Of course he has probably already made his decision. But Hope springs eternal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 pm 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:
Yahoo has posted how to make their chicken sandwich for people boycotting Chik-Fil-A. :roll:

They also posted this.

Quote:
Even The Muppets have opted to sever ties with the restaurant chain. "The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors," the company said in a statement via Facebook. "Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD."

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/chick-fil-alternative-diy-fried-chicken-sandwiches-home-203300576.html

Honestly, it is beyond stupid for whoever posted the Yahoo article to allow something like this to be posted on it. There is such a thing in this country as Intellectual Property and they could be opening themselves up to a potential lawsuit. Many companies would have already had their legal departments either writing a cease and desist letter or would be suing the author for damages. Ridiculous.

This will badly backfire against the boycotters if Chick Fil A suddenly announces that they have MORE profits than they've had in recent months.

Also, what the boycotters don't realize is that boycotts for trivial reasons (like disagreeing with somebody over a deeply personal issue) can quickly and easily lead to a circular firing squad. Let's say that the people from Boston and Chicago boycott CFA. Then in retaliation, many people who agree with CFA and are upset about the boycotts stop making travel and convention plans to Boston and Chicago (two ridiculously expensive cities for travel, by the way). It can go on and on and everybody can be hurt on both sides. I don't think people realize it, but it most definitely and very easily can work both ways. This is why boycotts should be reserved for the most egregious behavior, not just trying to punish someone whom we disagree with. And it's especially stupid to try to punish someone for holding a position that half of the country holds. It's an easy way of starting an economic war in which both sides lose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 am 
Private

Alright, I think I now can understand what a Chick-Fil-A is. It is a Ristoraunte. Kinda like an Arbies and thier specialty "Roast Beast" (Beef) sandwich.

Up here in Minnesota, I see that we only have two of these Ristorautes in the state. One in Minneapolis...and the other one in Mankato.

I have never heard of a Chick-Fil-A before reading this on Huck's Army...

Can anyone tell me what SPARKED this FLAME?

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:11 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
"Each generation faces different issues and challenges, but our standard must always be measured by God's word. I appreciate the Cathy family's support for God's definition of marriage.

I also appreciate Governor Mike Huckabee's leadership and for encouraging Americans to support Chick fil-A on August 1. As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to 'Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick fil-A next Wednesday."

-Rev. Billy Graham

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:18 pm 
***** General

Patriot4America wrote:
Alright, I think I now can understand what a Chick-Fil-A is. It is a Ristoraunte. Kinda like an Arbies and thier specialty "Roast Beast" (Beef) sandwich.

Up here in Minnesota, I see that we only have two of these Ristorautes in the state. One in Minneapolis...and the other one in Mankato.

I have never heard of a Chick-Fil-A before reading this on Huck's Army...

Can anyone tell me what SPARKED this FLAME?

Peter

It's better than any other Fast Food restaurant - and I do love Arby's and their awesome Roast Beef.

In essence, the flame got sparked when the President of Chick Fil A said that he did not support same sex marriage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 am 
Private

Hey Values Voter...thanks. And thank you for voting per your values.

It appears to me that values can mean many things to many different people. How do we get our values? What are values?

Not looking in the dictionary, but to me, values mean what I value to be true..my beliefs that I hold strong to...even if I become a Noah and get scoffed at. I think that in the USA we have so many mindsets of values because of our input of information our minds receive from many diiferent sources...including the shows we watch on t.v. and the news agency we choose to watch.

Put it this way...

Three years ago I saw a billboard that depicted children and adults watching their favorite t.v. show. Then the billboard said, "Garbage In...Garbage out!"

In my opinion, Hollywood has replaced what my Grandparents had on the Stand in the living room...they didn't have a t.v...they had a BIBLE on that stand and they depended on it for their daily bread and safty.

I will challenge anyone on Huck's Army to spend two times the amount of time reading the BIBLE (a word that you don't hear much of these days) than they watch t.v. ..news or not.

I believe what it says in Hosea..."My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge."

And just to be crystal clear to where I stand on the homosexual issue (I wont call them gay because they have perverted that English word) here is a copy and paste to a post I posted on HUCK*PAC...

President Obama Abandons Fight For Marriage

Patriot 4America

03/01/2011 04:31 AM

TO: anonymous, nd, the
02/26/2011 07:53 PM

Just for the record, I am not going to or even plan on reading your recommended book "Gays Ain't Got A Civil Right To Get Married!! (neither do straights). It sounds like garbage by Longhorns Himself (Satan)

I have learned all that I want to from the Holy Bible (God's Truth). I recommend that you read this Book. It will actually tell you what happens to a society that engages in such heinous acts as same sex (sodomy).

I just looked up the word sodomy in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. It states: "copulation with a member of the same sex or with an animal".

I thought that summed it up well. We are not animals, we are created in God's image.

Satan would just love (and loves) to distort anything beautiful that God created, including the distiction of a man and a woman, marriage (especially vows), a man as the head of the household, children respecting thier parents, the list is unending.

God has warned that in the last days that people will worship the created things rather than the Creator. Also, just as in the days of Noah, when the world was so rampant with lust that men desired sexual relations with men rather than women...It was then that GOD said ENOUGH!

I pray for your soul "anonymous, nd, the". You are God's creation...don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise. God loves you! Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 am 
Private

A last ponderince of the subjuct...2 Timothy 4:3...Says that there will come a time when poeple will not PUT UP with the sound doctrine that is found in the BIBLE. It continues to say, in the Last Days, that teachers will gather together (with ITCHING EARS) to make the truth what they want to hear.

We are to keep our heads (sanity) in all situations.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm 
** General

My sister in Oklahoma City told me she heard on the news that gay couples were planning on doing "kiss ins" at Chik Fil-A's on Wednesday to protest. :roll: