Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:45 pm 

Liked: 152
Huckabeliever wrote:
It's already starting. :roll:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-hate-graffiti-vandalized.html

Quote:
On a day that some gay-rights activists are planning a "National Same-Sex Kiss Day," a Chick-fil-A in Torrance was vandalized overnight with hateful graffiti.

Chick-fil-A employees were greeted Fridays morning with the words "Tastes like hate" scrawled in large black lettering mimicking the chain's advertising across the back wall of the restaurant at 182nd Street and Hawthorne Boulevard in Torrance.

I read that Chick-Fil-A has been responding in a Christlike way - by offering free cups of ice water (and in some cases lemonade) to the protestors. I've been praying for the Chick-Fil-A workers today as they deal with the real haters. I haven't been watching TV so I don't know if they are covering the killing them with kindness attitude.

Post by GrannyT has received Likes: 4 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Grant, Huckabeliever, TheValuesVoter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:59 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
My sister posted an article about this whole thing on her Facebook wall and one of her friends said that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups. She sees being opposed to gay marriage as exactly the same as being opposed to inter-racial marriage. This is the warped thinking we're up against. One of dh's cousins posted a picture of a mixed "race" couple (black and white) and the caption advocated for gay marriage with the words "our marriage was once illegal too".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
juditupp wrote:
My sister posted an article about this whole thing on her Facebook wall and one of her friends said that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups. She sees being opposed to gay marriage as exactly the same as being opposed to inter-racial marriage. This is the warped thinking we're up against. One of dh's cousins posted a picture of a mixed "race" couple (black and white) and the caption advocated for gay marriage with the words "our marriage was once illegal too".

A few questions I'd like to ask people who think that those who do not support same-sex marriage are bigoted:

1) Suppose that a person opposes a polygamous marriage between a man and two women. Given that the person opposes the idea of making "marriage" between these three straight people legally recognized, does this mean that they hate straight people as well?

2) If you believe that same-sex couples who do not have the right to marry are being deprived of their legal rights, isn't the same true of people in polygamous relationships? Don't you have an obligation to fight for their rights as well? Using the same logic that has been used to advocate for same-sex marriage, aren't those people being deprived of their rights, since they also aren't allowed to be married?

3) Mr. Cathy's quote which for some reason has gay groups up in arms also included this quote which they don't mention as much: "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that." According to the logic that these groups are using, should we also assume that Chick-fil-A hates divorced people? People who are remarried? People who are single? Why not, according to their logic, shouldn't their be a protest led by everybody who is not married to their first spouse because Chick-fil-A supposedly hates them?? After all, they do give their money to pro-family groups who oppose divorce. They surely must hate everybody who isn't in their first marriage, right??? Give me a break.

And a word about interracial marriage, since this angle is often played as a defense for same-sex marriage. A major flaw in the argument that "our marriage was once illegal too" is that interracial marriage was not always illegal.

The laws that made interracial marriage illegal were called anti-miscegenation laws and they were first implemented in this country in the 1660s in the former colonies of Virginia and Maryland. After slavery ended, many states rapidly strengthened their laws forbidding interracial marriage just as they created a slew of other laws to prevent blacks from exercising rights guaranteed under the newly adopted 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the U.S. Constitution. The 1967 Loving vs Virginia Supreme Court ruling functioned to strike down these anti-miscegenation laws, just as the 1954 Brown vs Board of Education ruling struck down legal segregation in education. Loving vs. Virginia did not redefine what a marriage is any more than Brown vs. Board of Education redefined what a school is. Both rulings simply served to strike down laws that were created as part of the legal segregation system.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 pm 

Liked: 152
juditupp wrote:

Some of my facebook friends (and one family member) have posted similar things. I commented on my niece's post:

It's never wrong to stand on God's side. God is clear on where He stands on both issues. In Numbers chapter 12 Moses' sister was stricken with leprosy for speaking out against Moses marrying an Ethiopian woman. God judged Sodom and Gomorrah for their sin and the whole world was flooded when homosexual marriage was seen as okay by society during the days of Noah. Who is going to look "stupid" when Biblical prophesy is fulfilled? Luke 17:26-30 "And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

Those of us that know Scripture know that God will judge the world again and according to those verses it won't be long. I'd like to do my best to put it off as long as possible to allow more loved ones time to repent before the end. Sometimes I feel like I'm :wall

Post by GrannyT Liked by: Patriot4America

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:29 am 
Private

Liked: 8
I really don't know where this fits in this discussion, but tonight I was viewing all the Blogs on Huck*Pac...This Blog stood out to me that Gov. Huckabee posted...
http://my.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blogs ... og_id=3006

Post by Patriot4America Liked by: Miranda