Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Greetings old comrades!

Well it's been quite a long time since the old Army saw much action. I personally took my discharge when I realized that the primaries had poisoned too many fine relationships and divided those who overwhelmingly shared so much in common.

But now that we are past the sturm und drang of internecene slaughter, I thought I would propose a reuinon of sorts for November 6. One thing I'd love to have on that historic night is the wit and wisdom of Huck's Army as the returns come in. Regardless of our passions and particulars, I think it's alway been true that we want to see Obama out and a genuine opportunity for hope and change for our still great country.

I'll be at a watch party with fifty students and faculty on election night but I'll also be on-line and eager to hear from the old soldiers. I hope you'll join me.
:eatingpopcorn :eatingpopcorn :eatingpopcorn :eatingpopcorn :eatingpopcorn

RSVP in this thread if you think you might drop back in to the old camp on election night and make a post on the thread.

It's looking like conservatives will have a good night accross the country (Arkansas is poised to have its first GOP legislature since Reconstruction) and, in the words of an un-named congresswoman :wink: : Obama will be a one term President!!!!

:pompom :pompom :pray :pompom :pompom

God Bless you all.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 bmk2307, Grant, IowaforHuckabee, Miranda
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
Hello, one and all,
It's been too long not being here. I'm praying that this election will bring America back to a nation that has founded it's roots in God and elect a man who honors that tradition. I, for one, do not want another four years of just what we've been through. If I can, I will check in in the days after the election. Peace to you all. :pray :pompom Go Ryan, Romney.

Post by c murphy Liked by: Grant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I think this is a great idea. However, I wonder how many people are out there who feel like I do, who won't be happy no matter what happens on Election night.

Every moment that I hear Mitt Romney speak, the more I become convinced that he is even more phony and possessing less of a core than I thought he did before. I see nothing positive coming out of Election night no matter which way it goes. I absolutely can't bring myself to vote for Romney and I can't bring myself to pretend that, whether Romney wins or President Obama wins, that there will be someone whom I trust being in power.

I am so baffled by the idea that this guy is the best that the Republican Party could come up with in terms of an alternative to President Obama. I now know I could never be an elected official; I couldn't do like so many people out there who told the truth about Romney while incessantly trashing him as a phony but who are now advocating for him. I couldn't take enough showers to make me feel clean after getting on that bus.

I wish I could just jump in a time machine and skip straight to 2016.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 bmk2307, NJ Huck Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I'll be here! I announced on FB that I'm taking a hiatus until the election so I would love to have a place to hang out.

I agree with TVV. I would LOVE to see Obama gone but not thrilled that it would be Romney taking his place. After the first debate I had decided to vote for Romney because he was fired up but that was the only time I was excited about him so I'm back to questioning. Romney is up around 14 points in Texas so I was going to vote for Virgil Goode but I looked at a sample ballot tonight and my options are Romney, Obama, Johnson and the Green Party candidate. Yipee :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 pm 
***** General

TVV and Huckabeliever,

I understand all too well.

Well hopefully you all can celebrate dow ticket wins and and at the top the understanding that in the near term at least the Mexico City policy will be reversed and we will have a much greater chance for conscience exemption in whatever health care law become the law of the land.

Here is Arkansas we are about to send a full delgation of GOP Congressmen to Washinton for the first time since Reconstruction. We only had one in four just two years ago. Better yet, they are actually :D all pretty good.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 2 brownkb, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 pm 
***** General

The Mexico City policy will be reversed if Romney wins? Because he says so?

You guys may be way more trusting than I am. I wouldn't believe Mitt if he said "I like puppies." I think he might be a fine person in the sense that he loves his family and I severely doubt that he's hanging out in bars and/or doing anything that would get your average politician in trouble. However, as a politician Mitt is almost without parallel. I've never seen anything like him before. He will say anything to get elected and then say and do the opposite afterward. I have zero faith that he is actually pro-life (after all, his "conversion" happened, by his own account, exactly one week after the 2004 election in which social conservatives in Ohio broke for President Bush over Kerry. Nothing suspicious about that timing). I don't believe that he'll do anything that he says that he will do if elected. On the other hand, President Obama is ... President Obama. This is the absolute worst election choice the American people have ever faced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm 
***** General

And the real tragedy is that if Huckabee had announced that he was running 17 months ago instead of sitting it out, this election would have been a totally different story. The Republican primaries wouldn't have been a war of attrition to find out who was the least disliked candidate left standing or if there were any adults in the room. People could have voted for the guy they loved instead of just voting against the person they dislike and settling for the person they pray and hope they might someday learn to tolerate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm 
***** General

TheValuesVoter wrote:

You guys may be way more trusting than I am. I wouldn't believe Mitt if he said "I like puppies." I think he might be a fine person in the sense that he loves his family and I severely doubt that he's hanging out in bars and/or doing anything that would get your average politician in trouble. However, as a politician Mitt is almost without parallel. I've never seen anything like him before. He will say anything to get elected and then say and do the opposite afterward. I have zero faith that he is actually pro-life (after all, his "conversion" happened, by his own account, exactly one week after the 2004 election in which social conservatives in Ohio broke for President Bush over Kerry. Nothing suspicious about that timing). I don't believe that he'll do anything that he says that he will do if elected. On the other hand, President Obama is ... President Obama. This is the absolute worst election choice the American people have ever faced.

Your statement, which contains well reasoned concern, reminds me of the puzzle of the Clinton claim that the country should stay with Obama because he believes no President could have dealt with the crisis we faced in 2009. While it's very sound rhetoric it begs the logical retort:

We don't know if our problems could have been dealt with by some other President (as some other president did not serve).

We DO KNOW our problems could not be dealt with by this President.

Therefore while I have no real expectation that things will be better with a Romney, I KNOW they will not be better with an Obama.

For me to govern is to choose and that goes for the sovereign governed in the form of the elector as well as in the actions of the elected representative.

I do respect your unwillingness to give your "seal of approval" in the form of your vote for anyone in whom you have no faith. I hope you will have other good candidates on your ballot you can support.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 pm 
***** General

Quote:
I hope you will have other good candidates on your ballot you can support.

Definitely. I'm very eager to vote out my Senator, whom I've never liked or respected. In addition, there are a bunch of important state ballot initiatives including one on same-sex marriage and another on the expansion of gambling (voting against both). I'll definitely be voting but just personally don't trust or respect Romney the politician enough to give him my vote. I respect everyone else's position very much. I just really regret that we're in this position as a nation.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 Huckabeliever, Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 am 
** General

Yep. I get to vote for Ted Cruz. :D

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of the Mexico City policy. If this needs to be in another thread please move this post to it.

I guess I will be voting for Romney, just please don't expect me to be enthusiastic about it. I may even wear a chip clip on my noise when I go to vote. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
TheValuesVoter wrote:

I think everyone on this board is well aware of my dislike of Romney these past 5 years. The choice we've been given is my worst political nightmare come true. I fully understand your hesitancy to trust Romney's word. I think we all have that reservation. The next President WILL be either Obama or Romney. I know with Obama, there is zero chance to protect life and Biblical marriage. He has promised the most extreme, radical agenda our country has ever seen. However, with Romney, there is at least the chance he will keep his word to defund Planned Parenthood, reverse the Mexico City policy, appoint conservative judges, etc. if for no other reason than to protect his political hide. There is a chance to preserve some unborn lives. If he stabs social conservatives in the back on this one, he has to know he will have no shot at a second term. For that reason, I'm going to vote for Romney. A second Obama term is just too potentially disastrous. Mitt will at least, I believe, TRY to turn our country around because he likes his image of being successful. I don't see his agenda being to diminish the United States, as Obama's seems to have been. (Amazing how low the bar has been lowered, isnt it? :( )

Southern Doc, thanks for starting this thread! There is no other group of people I'd rather be with on election night!!! :D :D :D

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 4 Grant, IowaforHuckabee, ohiorepublican09, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Huckabeliever wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of the Mexico City policy. If this needs to be in another thread please move this post to it.

Here you go! :wink:

http://www.frcblog.com/2009/01/what-exa ... ty-policy/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am 
** General

ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

Thanks! Has Romney stated that he would overturn Obama's overturn?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 am 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

Thanks! Has Romney stated that he would overturn Obama's overturn?

Yes.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Great to see the action picking back up! I will be here with you all.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am 
** General

Liked: 11
TheValuesVoter wrote:
This is the absolute worst election choice the American people have ever faced.
That is my feeling too. I have my ballot sitting here right next to me, I have no idea what I am going do. I wish I could submit a negative vote (i.e. negate someone else's positive vote), my conscience would be OK with that.

See you at the reunion!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Hey! :) I'm happy to let you know your favourite Swede will be here for election night :)

Post by Wendero Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:38 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 99
I may be at a local watch party for my favorite candidate (endorsed by Huckabee) 8) But if not, I'll hang out here. We too have a chance to finally rid our state of serious corruption and I'm excited about that part of the ballot. It's going to be an interesting night for sure! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
Hello Huckabee pals! I've miss all of you terribly. For the last many months, I was not able to view HucksArmy properly -- it was hacked, or I had some bad cookie, or....who knows what. The page would never format properly. I'm so glad to see it displaying correctly at long last..... it's like coming home from a long, bad voyage.

I personally can't STAND Romney but I'll take a bad Republican over a good Democrat. Also, I really like Paul Ryan -- he has a 100% positive rating from right-to-life groups! and I think he is brilliant.... he also seems humble. (One can hope, right?)

It's also crucial that we take back the Senate. Supreme Court Justices, folks!!

If you don't vote for Romney, you are voting for Obama to pic several more Supremes. "Not to vote, is to vote."

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Hey all - it's been a while! Been missing you guys!

I thought HA was being allowed to "devolve" or something after the hack. And admittedly I needed some distance from the whole political mess.

Love the idea of a reunion on election night, but I'm afraid the forum is still not working right for us over here. My son still keeps up with the board (he let me know about this thread) - he figured out some way of right clicking on the last message posted in a thread or something which is the only way it comes up on our computers. Otherwise we get an IE HTTP 404 Not Found screen. It makes it kinda tedious.

Is Ken still here? Is he or someone else still working on it?