Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 am
Posts: 2747
Location: Arkansas
Likes: 200
Liked: 653
All-In-For-Mike and QVA - Nice to hear from you. The hack job was a problem for me too but it just gave me more reason to pull away and breathe.

Hope you can fight your way onto a thread on Nov 6. Meanwhile maybe the PM system will work to see if anyone is still out there with tech skills.

My oldest son (who has FULLY recovered his health) commented the other day that the World Wide Web as "Wild Wild West" has been true in many ways and has led to the presence now of what he coined : "Ghost Town Sites" - largely abandoned, former boom towns (like the Old West Mining towns) that stop growing, slowly lose, residents, then vistors, then are completely bypassed by changing traffic and trade patterns, till the infrastructure itself begins to fall apart due to lack of maintainance.

I can almost see the tumbleweeds when I log on and hear the creak of the Huck's Army sign, hanging by one hinge, swinging slowly in the wind.

Well...who knows...maybe we can turn it into a ski resort. :wink: :wink:

Hope to hear from you on election night. It will be a GREAT night for Arkansas. The GOP is going to take the state Legislature for the first time since Reconstruction.

_________________
"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes



Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 7 bmk2307, brownkb, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Grant, IowaforHuckabee, Miranda, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 pm
Posts: 191
Likes: 2
Liked: 5
It has been a long time. I'll be here!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
So good to hear from everyone!

Doc, thanks for planning this party and great news about your son!

I'm not sure if I will be here on election night or not, but will try to attend and will definitely check in as soon after as I can.

Good to hear the news regarding Arkansas GOP!

It has been odd not checking in here, except on occasion. The good news is my garage and half of my basement are finally clean! I'm thinking there may be a connection. :wink:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
As far as Romney, I am in shock that I have been cheering him on in the debates and enjoyed his convention speech. I will never forget the way he treated Mike nor the other candidates this time around and no way does he compare with the likes of Mike Huckabee, nor stand firm on the issues that are dear to me; but as far as hope and change goes, I have more hope for change with him in office than the big O, and since those are the only two choices this cycle (other than the lucky to get 1%ers), he's got my vote.

I, too, have gone through the depression of a Romney ticket (although Ryan did add some sweetness to it) and have dug my feet in and vowed never to vote for the guy (most of us here probably know Mittens and his record better than most of the country); but after endless hours of studying the situation and things like judges, Mexico City, the chance of at least some babies being saved, marriage, etc., I have come to realize that given the choices before me, there is no doubt, Romney is the better choice.

I feel that it is worse to sit back and choose not to save any babies than to save the ones you can. In honor of those who have fought and died since the beginning of our country for my right to vote, I will make my choice, disappointing as the choices may be. The system for elections may not have produced my desired candidate, but I am thankful for the right and blessing of safe elections in my country and I will partake and thank God that I have that privilege.

Of course, as always, I respect those who may disagree with me. This is just the way I feel.



Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 6 All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, ConservTexan, Grant, Miranda, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 2474
Location: Western Virginia
Likes: 368
Liked: 133
Oh, I wish I could be here! I'll be working at the polls, but who knows, I may be done early if I'm placed at my local precinct, and not "in town." At any rate, I'll be checking in here first thing when I get home.

Thank you SoDoc for this lovely idea. I've missed HA and all the wisdom, camraderie, and political savvy here. Maybe I've picked up just a little of it, though.

Last week I spent an evening with some old friends whom I hadn't seen in many years. They have decided they can't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. I respect their opinion, but disagree completely. For me, it would be much easier to understand TVV's reasoning, that we shouldn't vote for him because he's untrustworthy.

Anyway, we talked long into the night, and I feel I did my position justice, but knew they would not change their minds. We had to leave it with an "agree to disagree." I'm pleased to see that many of you feel the same way I do about voting for Romney, and for the same reasons - kinda makes me feel like I've "grown up," politically speaking. I cannot, in good conscience, abstain from voting when I know with certainty the fruit of the last four years under President Obama. I judge him by his fruit - and fully expect more of the same, and even worse, if he is reelected.

_________________
"Never, Never, NEVER GIVE UP" Winston Churchill



Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 brownkb, Grant
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Last week I spent an evening with some old friends whom I hadn't seen in many years. They have decided they can't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. I respect their opinion, but disagree completely. For me, it would be much easier to understand TVV's reasoning, that we shouldn't vote for him because he's untrustworthy.


I think it's sad when people decide that they won't vote for someone because they're Mormon. I would have voted for Mitt Romney's late father, George Romney, because I think George had guts and convictions. But Mitt Romney is not only unlike his father when it comes to principles and guts but he's also unlike any politician I've seen before.

President Obama is a disappointment to me in a number of ways and I certainly will not be voting for him either. While I think that some of the criticism that he's faced has been over the top in both tone and substance (e.g., "he's a terrorist"), he does not share my values with regard to the sanctity of human life, the sanctity of marriage, his lukewarmness toward Israel's leadership or his general philosophy about revenue generation and fiscal management.

So, why am I not voting for Romney?

There is a Scripture that comes to my mind every single time I think about Mitt Romney and especially when I hear him speak. The Scripture is James 1:8 (NLT) and reads "such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." Although the context of this verse is talking about a person who asks for something from God while doubting Him, the terms "double minded" and "unstable" are words that summarize my opinion of Mitt Romney the politician. It is completely impossible to know or predict what he would do if he were given power. He constantly contradicts himself and I personally believe that he has no problem with actually lying about his beliefs, current positions or even his previous positions. It's almost amazing to watch him constantly denying that he's said something that we all knew he said and to see it happen over and over again.

I thought about voting for Romney. I think he has a number of good qualities. But I believe that Mitt Romney has a problem telling the truth. In fact, I feel that he sees nothing wrong with saying whatever he feels needs to be said, true or not, in order to accomplish his objective, which is to be elected. I don't know if he's pro-life or pro-abortion. He's changed his position on almost every issue I can think of (I checked http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitt_Romney.htm - alternatively for and against abortion, stem-cell research, the Wall Street bailout, "gay rights," health care - just about every single issue he has taken diametrically opposing positions on over the course of the past eighteen years. He invented ObamaCare but somehow has convinced people that he intends to repeal it (maybe he'll just rename it "RomneyCare"). I don't know what he really believes about anything except that he wants to be the President. Nobody on earth, probably including Romney, has any clue of what the man would do if he were elected. It's like trying to track the flight path of a wandering yellow jacket and predict where it's going to fly a year into the future.

So, while I have deep concerns about the President's agenda, philosophy and plans, I also have deep concerns about the former Governor's character, transparency and honesty. This simply leaves me unable to, in good conscience, vote for either man. I just really can't do it. Even the thought of pulling the lever for either one of them just makes me sick.

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 am 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: California
Likes: 151
Liked: 36
I have already mailed in my absentee ballot and voted for Romney-Ryan. I feel that Romney will serve as a center-right president and will refrain from doing anything to anger the conservative base; he would be foolish to anger conservatives since it would cost him re-election.

Although my vote won't make a bit of difference here in deep blue California, I was proud to cast my ballot for Romney-Ryan. Religious liberty is at stake this election and if Obama is re-elected, I fear that we may be unable to reverse his policies that are destroying our country. For that reason, I am supporting Romney-Ryan.



I have been following this race closely and am feeling quite optimistic, yet can't seem to shake off this sense of nervous anticipation. It looks like it's all coming down to Ohio, so that's the one state everyone will be most closely looking at on Nov. 6. Things might also get interesting in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and/or Minnesota. :D

I'll be here on election day; looking forward to the Huck's Army reunion! :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
Another factor in my decision - I have been reading about the effects of the Muslim influence in our country. I know there are good, peaceful Muslims living and working here, but there is a very downright scary (and creepy) influence making it's way into our communities based on their feelings about females and the lack of respect their culture has for them and treatment of them behind closed doors. It has been going on for years, but I'm afraid with Obama and his group in power, it will be allowed to infiltrate and spread even more. I'm not saying Obama would agree with it or promote it in any way, but rather his policies and tolerance of the Muslim world will allow it's growth.

There is much more to "anyone but Obama" than the average voter may realize, which is why I can, in good conscience, vote for Romney (and especially Romney/Ryan).


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
Grant wrote:
I feel that Romney will serve as a center-right president and will refrain from doing anything to anger the conservative base; he would be foolish to anger conservatives since it would cost him re-election.


I have a different opinion. I think that if Mitt Romney, the guy who just ten years ago was proudly pro-abortion and quietly pro-gay marriage, manages to win the election next week, he will believe he can talk his way out of anything.

Mitt Romney has the ability to morph from anything into anything. And he never seems to stop morphing. I don't believe him. I think he's probably a decent person and most definitely is a good family man who has worked hard and who has a wide range of experience. But for whatever reason, Mitt Romney the politician isn't comfortable taking a stand - for anything. I'd respect him more even if he were openly socially liberal but at least admitted it rather than trying to pretend to be conservative when he needs conservatives and going back to being moderate when he needs moderates/liberals.

He will know that he was able to successfully "convert" from Massachusetts libraral to self-proclaimed "severely conservative" Republican President-Elect and have people forgive him when he says he's changed his mind.

If he wins, it will be because moderate Independents have decided for him. And they, not conservatives, will become his new constituency. He will know that no matter how much he has worked to swing from liberal to conservative in order to win conservatives, he can also reposition and remorph himself into something acceptable to Independents and even liberals. Even now he is "softening" his positions on abortion (again) to make himself more paletable to the pro-abortion crowd who are trying to decide between him and pro-abortion President Obama.

He has repeatedly shown that he can switch from one set of positions/values to another with abandon. That will not stop because some conservatives are "watching" the guy whom they helped elect.

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
Hello HA! Nice to see you all.

I'll certainly check in on election night.

Although I've finally admitted today - after a realistic look at the polls - that I think Romney will lose, it will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.

And who knows, perhaps I'm wrong, and perhaps it will be a great night for America.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:39 am 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 pm
Posts: 1044
Likes: 8
Liked: 208
I will try to check in as well. Like many I have mixed feelings about the night. I think Obama is going to pull it out, and I think overall in the long-term it can work out for our good. Not enough people see the liberal agenda for what it really is, and they may need more time before they're really ready to do what is necessary for serious change. Having a Republican in office who will not lead in the direction of real change is not that much better than what we have, and it could lead to a much worse long-term outcome if it leads to Democrat control of the Congress again.

I'll share more on other threads and through the election night, but I'm not going to be hunkering down waiting for the end of the world if Obama wins. I see good that come out of it.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances would I vote for Obama just because I thought there could be long-term good. I have to vote my conscience. The question for me is whether I vote Romney or 3rd party. Being in SC it is not going to make any difference in the overall race, but I still will take my vote seriously and pray over it.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
WalterCan wrote:
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances would I vote for Obama just because I thought there could be long-term good. I have to vote my conscience. The question for me is whether I vote Romney or 3rd party. Being in SC it is not going to make any difference in the overall race, but I still will take my vote seriously and pray over it.


Same here. I'm looking over my options for third party candidates just so I can be at peace with myself and not vote for someone whom I don't trust. Being a Marylander, though, it really doesn't matter. My state's outcome is most certainly already determined.

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
WalterCan wrote:
I will try to check in as well. Like many I have mixed feelings about the night. I think Obama is going to pull it out, and I think overall in the long-term it can work out for our good. Not enough people see the liberal agenda for what it really is, and they may need more time before they're really ready to do what is necessary for serious change. Having a Republican in office who will not lead in the direction of real change is not that much better than what we have, and it could lead to a much worse long-term outcome if it leads to Democrat control of the Congress again.

I'll share more on other threads and through the election night, but I'm not going to be hunkering down waiting for the end of the world if Obama wins. I see good that come out of it.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances would I vote for Obama just because I thought there could be long-term good. I have to vote my conscience. The question for me is whether I vote Romney or 3rd party. Being in SC it is not going to make any difference in the overall race, but I still will take my vote seriously and pray over it.


No, if Obama wins, then Ruth Bader Ginsberg and possibly Stephen Breyer retire to protect the liberal wing of the court. Possibly Scalia, Thomas, or Kennedy passes away and is replaced with a liberal. And then we're set back fifty years.

His election is bad for the country short and long term because his election will mean we will continue to be mired in the grave injustice of court ordered legal abortion.

People aren't going to finally get it after four more years of Obama. If they didn't get it in the 70s, if they didn't get it in the 90s, and if they didn't get it over the past few years, then they aren't going to suddenly get it with four more years of Obama.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.



Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 Grant, IowaforHuckabee
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
I would be at least a little more inclined to trust Mitt on the issue of abortion if, even right now, he and his surrogates weren't trying to say conflicting things about it. Norm Coleman, a Romney surrogate, was telling pro-abortion groups this week that if Mitt wins, Roe v. Wade won't go away.

http://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2012/11/norm-coleman-says-romneys-election-wont-be-end-roe-v-wade

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 pm
Posts: 875
Likes: 150
Liked: 48
Not sure what I will be doing on Election Night, but if I can pop in and participate in the discussion, I will.

I'm excited that I got to vote (voted by absentee already) in my first Presidential Election.

And for those of you who may be interested, I graduated w/ my AA in General Studies this past May, and I am now studying Government Relations for my Bachelor's.

_________________
~*Roanna

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/



Post by ohiorepublican09 has received Likes: 4 Grant, IowaforHuckabee, Southern Doc, TheValuesVoter
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
ohiorepublican09 wrote:
Not sure what I will be doing on Election Night, but if I can pop in and participate in the discussion, I will.

I'm excited that I got to vote (voted by absentee already) in my first Presidential Election.

And for those of you who may be interested, I graduated w/ my AA in General Studies this past May, and I am now studying Government Relations for my Bachelor's.


Awesome!! Congratulations!!!

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:14 am 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: California
Likes: 151
Liked: 36
Quote:
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee insisted in an exclusive interview with Newsmax TV that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will be a “pro-life president” and he also predicted that Republicans will step up their campaign in the critical swing state of Ohio in the days leading up to the election.

“I do believe that people know that this is not the front and center issue for Mitt Romney, never has been. But they’re comfortable that he really is going to be a pro-life president,” said Huckabee on Wednesday.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/huckabee-romney-prolife-president/2012/10/10/id/459508


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
TheValuesVoter wrote:
WalterCan wrote:
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances would I vote for Obama just because I thought there could be long-term good. I have to vote my conscience. The question for me is whether I vote Romney or 3rd party. Being in SC it is not going to make any difference in the overall race, but I still will take my vote seriously and pray over it.


Same here. I'm looking over my options for third party candidates just so I can be at peace with myself and not vote for someone whom I don't trust. Being a Marylander, though, it really doesn't matter. My state's outcome is most certainly already determined.


Again, let me say up front, I respect everyone's individual right to do what they think best.

I can't quite wrap my head around this kind of thinking. With Romney, there are no guarantees, but at least there is some chance that some babies will be saved and he may actually stand up for marriage.

With Obama or any third party candidate who has absolutely no chance whatsoever of being elected (most of us don't even know their names, except Gary Johnson who hopefully none of us would vote for based on social issues) - there is NO chance of a baby's life being saved. If there is no chance you will be elected President, there is no chance you can act as President.

Therefore:

Vote for Romney = Hope

Vote for Obama =No Hope

Third Pary = No Hope

Answer as to Who to Vote For = Easy and Obvious

Three quotes from Edmund Burke -

1. Regarding sitting home and not voting at all:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

2. Regarding voting 3rd Party because Mitt may not be as pure of a pro-lifer or strong on marriage as we may want and may only support life and marriage a little:

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.

3. I have no idea what this means in regard to this topic, but I thought I would throw it in for the sake of confusion and humor - it may actually be used against me :D :

By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
I understand many people feel differently and respect your opinions. I will not say that there hasn't been a lot of internal conflict about my decision because there has been. However, it all comes down to this: while I can't vote for Obama because of his positions, I also can't vote for Romney because of my perception of his character. I don't think Romney is the kind of person who would ever get caught up in some tawdry personal scandal. I believe he loves his wife and his kids and is a good family man. But, aside from that positive, I believe that he lies constantly about where he stands on policy issues and what he believes. He constantly changes his story, is secretive and frequently misrepresents the truth. Most of us here acknowledged just as much for almost all the time since we started talking about Romney in early 2008. I think he lies.

Character is an issue just as political positions are an issue. I feel like I am being asked to choose between one guy who is openly telling me that he's doing to do many things that I disagree with and the other guy who reminds me of a used car salesman and whose words and actions are constantly in conflict with his prior words and actions - even with those which were recently uttered. Not exactly an easy choice and sometimes, in my opinion, the best choice is to choose neither - especially when you live in a state in which the outcome of the election is not in question, as I do.

This election is horrible. Two guys are running for President and neither of them deserves to hold the office for the next four years.

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 2120
Likes: 509
Liked: 440
TheValuesVoter wrote:
I understand many people feel differently and respect your opinions. I will not say that there hasn't been a lot of internal conflict about my decision because there has been. However, it all comes down to this: while I can't vote for Obama because of his positions, I also can't vote for Romney because of my perception of his character. I don't think Romney is the kind of person who would ever get caught up in some tawdry personal scandal. I believe he loves his wife and his kids and is a good family man. But, aside from that positive, I believe that he lies constantly about where he stands on policy issues and what he believes. He constantly changes his story, is secretive and frequently misrepresents the truth. Most of us here acknowledged just as much for almost all the time since we started talking about Romney in early 2008. I think he lies.

Character is an issue just as political positions are an issue. I feel like I am being asked to choose between one guy who is openly telling me that he's doing to do many things that I disagree with and the other guy who reminds me of a used car salesman and whose words and actions are constantly in conflict with his prior words and actions - even with those which were recently uttered. Not exactly an easy choice and sometimes, in my opinion, the best choice is to choose neither - especially when you live in a state in which the outcome of the election is not in question, as I do.

This election is horrible. Two guys are running for President and neither of them deserves to hold the office for the next four years.


Couldn't agree with you more. Like I've said before, we at HA know more about Romney's political past than most ordinary voters. Luckily, you don't really have to make a decision because of your location.

I'm a whole picture sort of person. I do think he is a much better choice than Obama in regards to the economy, jobs, health care, Israel, the border, government in general, judges, our military, our debt/spending, protecting our country, and a whole slew of other issues. Because of this and the concept of the first two quotes I posted above, I have already cast my vote for the better of the two choices put before us.

I, too, struggled with this one until I really started looking at the whole picture. When I'm faced with a decision, I weigh the choices, pray about it, then make the best decision I can.

I know most people here do the same. We may just come up with different decisions. That's o.k. That's our right and privilege as Americans. How blessed we are.

Heading to church for a special speaker on Islam who takes the Gospel deep into the Middle East. Should be interesting.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY