Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 pm 

Liked: 340
Huckabee, the brilliant communicator.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/01/23/huckabee_dems_think_women_cant_control_libido.html

Sorry, don't know how to embed.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:18 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
Its quite telling that the truth apparently acts as garlic to the Democrats.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
OK, so Huckabee could have used better words.

But here's the big story: The GOP establishment is standing up for Huckabee! Check this out: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... html?hp=r7

Sean Spicer, RNC spokesman, defends Huckabee and points out that the MSNBC doesn't really have a perfect record either.

Huckabee has claimed several times over the past few months that he has received encouragement to run for president from groups he never thought would support him. I think I'm beginning to see what he's been talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 am 
Sergeant

Wendero wrote:

But here's the big story: The GOP establishment is standing up for Huckabee! Check this out: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... html?hp=r7

Sean Spicer, RNC spokesman, defends Huckabee and points out that the MSNBC doesn't really have a perfect record either.

Huckabee has claimed several times over the past few months that he has received encouragement to run for president from groups he never thought would support him. I think I'm beginning to see what he's been talking about.

I thought it to be very accurate, but to each his own I suppose. Either way, the left is screeching because they and everybody else knows that Huck spoke the truth.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:13 am 
Captain

Liked: 25
I think the left is also getting nervous about 2016 - so they are latching on to any way to attack potential 2016 foes. Christie's missteps in NJ got played and replayed - now the left is after Mike. I do wish he had not said as much as he did in the way he did - but what he said was true.

Post by Lee Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 am 

Liked: 340
Stephen Hall wrote:
Wendero wrote:

I thought it to be very accurate, but to each his own I suppose. Either way, the left is screeching because they and everybody else knows that Huck spoke the truth.

It was accurate, though maybe a bit hurtful to sensitive ears, but if we care too much about that, we'll get nowhere. And nobody can articulate and go on the offense so well as the Gov on these difficult and sensitive topics, where usually we try to only play defense. But nobody wins a game by just playing defense. Let's have a real discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:48 pm 
Lieutenant General

Look, the issue is a lot more complicated than Huckabee made it out to be. I personally am not opposed to contraception and I genuinely believe that those who support it being mandatory in insurance plans have good intentions.

In general: If you are an old man from the south, then you should say as little as humanely possible about female sexuality. It was just stupid bringing up libido when he could have just said "women can take care of that [contraception] on their own".

Post by Wendero Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
"Libido" was not the best choice of words. However, the reason for all the outrage, as Lee stated above, is because Democrats are nervous about Huckabee's potential to run in 2016. They are looking for any reason possible to preemptively damage anyone who could be a threat to Hillary in 2016.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:06 pm 
Lieutenant General

Oh I believe you on that. And frankly, I think they are even more scared now because Huckabee received a level of support from conservatives - including establishment conservatives - that is quite rare. I think they figured that he would apologize, or at least that other Republicans would demand that he apologize. That didn't happen, and so now they are going to be even more scared of him.

In other words... expect more attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Here's some more Huck-love from RNC committee members who attended:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rnc-hu ... /id/548965

RNC Members Rally to Huckabee After Media Frenzy

Quote:
What made the spirited support for Huckabee among the 168-member RNC particularly newsworthy was that it spread from Southern conservatives and evangelicals, who would be expected to side with Huckabee, to more moderate GOP leaders in the North who would be considered his likeliest critics.

"He gave a fine speech," New Hampshire Republican National Committeeman Steve Duprey, who described himself as "one of the most adamant supporters of choice [on abortion] and gay rights," told Newsmax.

Quote:
California Republican Shawn Steel, who calls himself "more libertarian," said he "was not upset at all by what Gov. Huckabee said.

"What I like about his arguments — which are irrefutable — is the challenge that U.S. families face. Even liberals have to agree with this. And he gave an openly optimistic talk about there being a way out for the middle class."

Utah State Chairman James Evans told Newsmax: "Gov. Huckabee's speech was right on and I agree with what he said." As for media criticism of some of his remarks, Evans said: "I tend not to respond to the established media."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:09 pm 
Sergeant

WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Here's some more Huck-love from RNC committee members who attended:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rnc-hu ... /id/548965

RNC Members Rally to Huckabee After Media Frenzy

Quote:
What made the spirited support for Huckabee among the 168-member RNC particularly newsworthy was that it spread from Southern conservatives and evangelicals, who would be expected to side with Huckabee, to more moderate GOP leaders in the North who would be considered his likeliest critics.

"He gave a fine speech," New Hampshire Republican National Committeeman Steve Duprey, who described himself as "one of the most adamant supporters of choice [on abortion] and gay rights," told Newsmax.

Quote:
California Republican Shawn Steel, who calls himself "more libertarian," said he "was not upset at all by what Gov. Huckabee said.

"What I like about his arguments — which are irrefutable — is the challenge that U.S. families face. Even liberals have to agree with this. And he gave an openly optimistic talk about there being a way out for the middle class."

Utah State Chairman James Evans told Newsmax: "Gov. Huckabee's speech was right on and I agree with what he said." As for media criticism of some of his remarks, Evans said: "I tend not to respond to the established media."

Interesting. Huckabee may well prove to be the bridge between the Establishment and the rand and file of the Republican Party. The candidate who wins is one that doesn't strive to alienate a large segment of the Party like Ted Cruz, but rather give most or all segments of the party least things to like about. Remember, Huck's biggest enemy as proven over and over again is not the establishment, but the far right.

Who has not forgotten that the most vitriolic statement Huck has faced back then were not from the left, or from the establishment, but rather from the charlatans like Rush, Hannity, etc.? Of course, one thing has changed since then. The left has gotten exceedingly nasty, and there is no tactic to underhanded, no evil to dirty in order to complete their control of our souls. That is why this happened with Huck.

For Huck to take on the totalitarians in our government, he must first make it through the reckoning with his own party. He understands this well, which is why he is courting the Establishment this time around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
If you listen to the whole speech and not just the edited version (e.g. on CNN)the DEMS are screaming about, there is less than nothing to this story.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 pm 
Lieutenant General

I've been thinking, and overall, this whole "episode" is actually great news.

If Huckabee wasn't planning to run before, he sure is now!

Think about it: A few months back, Huckabee stated that he was seriously considering running in 2016, citing that he had received encouragement from groups that hadn't supported him before, such as business leaders.

Now, in the middle of this scandal, the Republican establishment have come out swinging for him! They've defended him even though they know that by doing so they risk being labelled as "anti-woman" or accused of waging a war on women. They're protecting Huckabee anyway. I'm not a big fan of the GOP establishment normally but I got to give them credit for this.

What more encouragement could Huckabee possibly need to run? He's got the churches, apparently he is becoming accepted in the business world, and the establishment apparently doesn't hate him anymore and may even be open to support him.

I wonder if this outpouring of support would have happened if Christie hadn't imploded? And yes, he has imploded when you look at his favorables. There is no going back here, Christie can't pass any more reforms - why would the democrats work with him, knowing that any accomplishments he achieves will increase his chances of being elected in '16? Plus, the media has now smelled blood in the water and will continue to investigate every single thing he has done since entering office - and probably everything he did before too. Every single error he has made - real or imagined - will end up on the frontpage.

He's done. Rubio is done since earlier. Paul Ryan? Probably not interested, no governing experience, and his budget is good but not overwhelmingly popular. Jeb Bush? Maybe, but he doesn't have the support of his family and his last name remains a liability. Who else can the establishment turn to, really?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Support for Huckabee from Allen West on the 'libido' controversy:

West, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, said he was jolted by Priebus' chastising of Huckabee, and compared it to a soldier's being abandoned by his commanding officer during wartime.

"[It's like] if you are out there on the battlefield and you are requesting additional resources and support and your commanding officer says, 'I'm not giving it to you, I didn't like the plan that you came up with,'" West said.

"'You just figure out how you're going to fight the enemy yourself.'"

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?