Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I was in the paper.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:18 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
I was interviewed ab0ut T0m Tancred0 in the Denver paper. Here's the article. I'm n0t sure I expressed myself well but it was interesting being interviewed. http://www.denverpost.com/News/Local/ci ... oldiers-on

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: I was in the paper.
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
juditupp wrote:
I was interviewed ab0ut T0m Tancred0 in the Denver paper. Here's the article. I'm n0t sure I expressed myself well but it was interesting being interviewed. http://www.denverpost.com/News/Local/ci ... oldiers-on

Is your 'O' key broken? :lol:

I think you expressed yourself fine.

I believe the problem with the immigration debate is there's not enough precision in terms. We need to separate the issues of border security, visa/greencard overstays, and what should happen to the people already here who have not followed procedures to enter legally.

And can we please just have some honesty from our leaders about why we need so much immigration?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 pm 
Major General

Quote:
Is your 'O' key broken?
Yes! My new 0ne arrives Thursday! Can't wait! :lol: When Values Voter talks ab0ut African Americans and the Republican party I get what he's talking ab0ut. It's not as bad for Hispanics but it's there. We must address that issue if we plan on winning elections. Instead the party leadership is obsessed over dumping the values issues. :roll: :wall

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
juditupp wrote:
Quote:
Is your 'O' key broken?
Yes! My new 0ne arrives Thursday! Can't wait! :lol: When Values Voter talks ab0ut African Americans and the Republican party I get what he's talking ab0ut. It's not as bad for Hispanics but it's there. We must address that issue if we plan on winning elections. Instead the party leadership is obsessed over dumping the values issues. :roll: :wall

We need to address the values issues, yes. And we must also reach out to African Americans and Hispanics. Gov. Huckabee does this best, I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:37 pm 
Major General

Just Grace I didn't mean values voters. I meant Values Voter, our fellow Huckabee supporter. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:41 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
juditupp wrote:
Just Grace I didn't mean values voters. I meant Values Voter, our fellow Huckabee supporter. :wink:

OK, I get that! :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:12 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Hey, guys - just logged on after a while and just saw this. Judith, I think you did a great job in commenting. I've never appreciated the way that Tancredo talks about the immigration issue and thought that he sort of went out of his way to alienate people (I remember back in 2008 when he refused to participate in the Spanish language debate). I think that there has to be a way of dealing with the real issue of immigration while at the same time remembering that the people involved are HUMAN BEINGS.

We do need to secure our borders and all of them. We have three long international borders (the southern border with Mexico, the border between the lower 48 states and Canada and the border between Alaska and Canada) - not just "the border." And while the immigration problem has been most intense around the southern border, the opportunity for terrorism and smuggling to occur exists in all three borders. The mess that exists right now at the southern border - with kids being dropped off and abandoned at different places along the border - is horrible and we have to make it so that this type of thing is not possible in the future.

But we can never lose sight of the fact that people who are at the center of the immigration debate are people. All people, regardless of race or country of origin, are going to do what they think will help them to survive and raise their families. For example, if you were an out of work mechanic in Detroit and you found out that over the border in Ontario, Canada, people who have your skill set could earn the equivalent of $200,000 a year, you would cross the border if it were possible to go and earn that money for your family. And you would do it even if the Canadians didn't want you there. It's human nature. People will do what they think they need to do to survive.

On the other hand, we can't have a situation in which we have a porous set of international borders and can't control who comes in. Even though it's understandable why people are coming here, the country needs to control who comes in and to know why they're coming in.

This is a serious issue and it needs to be talked about in a serious way, with regard to both the needs of the country and the humanity of the people who are immigrating, by people who are serious. Not political trolls whose motive is to use people's passion about the issue as fuel for their own political ambition.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 juditupp, justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:05 pm 
Major General

Well, my choice for governor didn't win the nomination, nor did my second choice but at least Tom Tancredo lost. The guy who won is a pretty reliable pro life guy so that's a positive. He's someone I can feel comfortable not just voting for but getting out there and working for so I'm satisfied on that front. I'm still disappointed that he bypassed the caucus and got on the ballot by petition but I will carry on.

Post by juditupp Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Hey, guys - just logged on after a while and just saw this. Judith, I think you did a great job in commenting. I've never appreciated the way that Tancredo talks about the immigration issue and thought that he sort of went out of his way to alienate people (I remember back in 2008 when he refused to participate in the Spanish language debate). I think that there has to be a way of dealing with the real issue of immigration while at the same time remembering that the people involved are HUMAN BEINGS.

We do need to secure our borders and all of them. We have three long international borders (the southern border with Mexico, the border between the lower 48 states and Canada and the border between Alaska and Canada) - not just "the border." And while the immigration problem has been most intense around the southern border, the opportunity for terrorism and smuggling to occur exists in all three borders. The mess that exists right now at the southern border - with kids being dropped off and abandoned at different places along the border - is horrible and we have to make it so that this type of thing is not possible in the future.

But we can never lose sight of the fact that people who are at the center of the immigration debate are people. All people, regardless of race or country of origin, are going to do what they think will help them to survive and raise their families. For example, if you were an out of work mechanic in Detroit and you found out that over the border in Ontario, Canada, people who have your skill set could earn the equivalent of $200,000 a year, you would cross the border if it were possible to go and earn that money for your family. And you would do it even if the Canadians didn't want you there. It's human nature. People will do what they think they need to do to survive.

On the other hand, we can't have a situation in which we have a porous set of international borders and can't control who comes in. Even though it's understandable why people are coming here, the country needs to control who comes in and to know why they're coming in.

This is a serious issue and it needs to be talked about in a serious way, with regard to both the needs of the country and the humanity of the people who are immigrating, by people who are serious. Not political trolls whose motive is to use people's passion about the issue as fuel for their own political ambition.

Well said. I believe in a big tent, but not one so big that Tancredo feels comfortable under it.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.