Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
Wow - this might get me fired up again. I was there in 2008, and have been dead to politics since. I would love to try once more.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm 
Captain

So what can we do to get the word out? I see a lot of negative comments about Huckabee at other sites. He backs common core - he's a RINO - he's backed some objectionable people - etc. We need to get out ahead of these criticisms before the powers that be and the MSM try to crush him. But before going to the mattresses, it would be good to know if he is really thinking seriously about running.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Lee wrote:
Wow - this might get me fired up again. I was there in 2008, and have been dead to politics since. I would love to try once more.
Hmm..well MH has 320k twitter followers, 1.4million facebook likes (likers?). We could send targets messages to those folks. But what's the message?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 am 
Captain

Christopher - yes - what is the message? He hasn't said yes, and I'd hate to get all geared up only to have him say he thought about it and decided no. I live in New York and recall all the Mario Cuomo teasing.

I guess at this point people might post just some general comments or questions - If he runs, will you be backing him? What do you need to hear from Mike to get the signs back out? Have you been watching The Huckabee Show?

Anything. Something. To keep his name on people's minds.

Right now, his name is not out there much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm 
Captain

I'm beginning to think he's not going to run. What are the alternatives?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I am thinking he will. But it will be hard to push ahead in the crowded line-up.

Just today I saw an article that talked of "current contenders," including Gov. Mike Huckabee, and "potential" ones. The recent speech at the Marriage March in Washington D.C. was enthusiastically received. He was the keynote speaker and got enthusiastic cheers and ovations. Even some who have ignored him or even made fun of him in the past praised this speech.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:58 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
nrobyar wrote:
Huckabee needs to turn this lemon into lemonade by repeating over and over the racial injustice that had caused this highly unfair sentencing in the
Clemmons case. So, the guy turned out to be inbalanced and did the horrific crimes a decade later...IMO, irrelevant as far as Governor Huckabee's involvement. I don't even see how this is being used as an issue.

Exactly! He was serving 108 years for what? Wasn't it a pretty minor crime committed while he was still a minor? I can't remember all the details but this is an area where he's willing to speak out and other Republicans just shrug their shoulders.

Post by juditupp Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

juditupp wrote:
nrobyar wrote:
Huckabee needs to turn this lemon into lemonade by repeating over and over the racial injustice that had caused this highly unfair sentencing in the
Clemmons case. So, the guy turned out to be inbalanced and did the horrific crimes a decade later...IMO, irrelevant as far as Governor Huckabee's involvement. I don't even see how this is being used as an issue.

Exactly! He was serving 108 years for what? Wasn't it a pretty minor crime committed while he was still a minor? I can't remember all the details but this is an area where he's willing to speak out and other Republicans just shrug their shoulders.

A sentence is determined at the time of sentencing, after trial. It is excessive if it does not fall within certain guidelines. It should be, like "justice," color-blind. And a governor who allows for a review of a sentence that is excessive cannot be held accountable for what those in the law enforcement and judiciary do years down the road. People often unjustly want someone to blame, someone else besides the perpetrator (criminal) himself, when it is politically expedient. In this case, the mistakes were made by other officials not doing their duty, keeping watch over Clemmons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Lee wrote:

Ben Carson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

steves wrote:
Lee wrote:

Ben Carson

Don't think on this site we are looking for alternatives! We are trying to reorganize and be in place if and when Gov. Huckabee runs.

Gov. Huckabee depended on Huck's Army back in 2008, and we want to be sure he can depend on us again in 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
The Ben Carson people have been working hard. I have to wonder where it's coming from. I have to wonder about the wisdom of never having run for any office and then jumping into a presidential race.

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 juditupp, justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 am 
Captain

Ben Carson has some interesting ideas, but he is not a viable candidate - no experience in running for office.

As for Mike - keep hoping, but I see no indications from him he is even considering a run. That's the only reason I asked if there are alternatives.

If he runs, I'm on board. Heck, I'd even register as a Republican so I could vote in the primary (I was a member of the GOP for only one year in 2007/8 so I could support Mike - then let it lapse given the local/state Republican choices and their positions). I still have the 2008 lawn signs!

Post by Lee Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
Ben Carson has some interesting ideas, but he is not a viable candidate - no experience in running for office.

As for Mike - keep hoping, but I see no indications from him he is even considering a run. That's the only reason I asked if their are alternatives.

If he runs, I'm on board. Heck, I'd even register as a Republican so I could vote in the primary (I was a member of the GOP for only one year in 2007/8 so I could support Mike - then let it lapse given the local/state Republican choices and their positions). I still have the 2008 lawn signs!

There are MANY indications Huckabee will run! One thing he needs is strong support and good funding. Having Connally from the Republican National Committee on his Huckabee show was a great indication of both support for Huckabee, as well as Reince Priebus actually listening to Huckabee! I see them realizing the need for a "faith coalition," and that Mike is the one most able to bring that about.