Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:03 pm 

Liked: 8
Looking pretty presidential to me.

Post by agrandy Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:57 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
Even his latest tv episodes he is looking more like a president than a certain dolt we have to suffer by his incompetence at governing.

Post by c murphy Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:49 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I can't quite understand how the Values Voters Summit works. I love that we get to hear from various potential candidates, as well as conservative thinkers and leaders, but I wonder about the need for running the poll there. It seems to be rather political, with people attending just to boost their own candidate in a poll. I understand that only about 100 people voted. And then the news media thinks this is a really serious indication of support, which may be somewhat true. But it seems Gov. Huckabee is not too concerned with pushing VVS polls.

Am I right, some of you who have gone and keep up on these polls?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:30 pm 

I don't put much stock in the VVS poll. It really hasn't matched the primary season from what I can tell in 2007/08 and 2011/12.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 pm 

Liked: 57
Great speech by the Governor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I still do not understand the appeal of Ted Cruz. Every time I've seen him I feel like I'm watching a slick used car salesman. He seems more interested in headlines and camera angles then any principal. It would be very sad if Ted Cruz is the standard bearer for cultural conservatives heading into 2016. If Huckabee doesn't run though I fear that is what will happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
WalterCan wrote:
I still do not understand the appeal of Ted Cruz. Every time I've seen him I feel like I'm watching a slick used car salesman. He seems more interested in headlines and camera angles then any principal. It would be very sad if Ted Cruz is the standard bearer for cultural conservatives heading into 2016. If Huckabee doesn't run though I fear that is what will happen.

I agree with you, although many people say the car salesman thing about Huckabee. Cruz comes off like a jerk, in my opinion. I don't get a sense of authenticity or humility with him. When he speaks, he hits on all the necessary issues, but I can't tell what's really important to him, other than his political career. I mean, the arrogance of thinking you should run for president in your 1st term in the senate. :roll: Would Texans have hired him if they knew he was going to abandon them?

Another thing I find distressing is the recent nature of political stardom. A fresh face appears on the scene, and suddenly everybody is ready to make them president. It happened with John Edwards, Obama, then Palin, Rubio, Cruz, Rand Paul, Ben Carson...and so on. I mean, this is a big job; it'd be nice to hire someone with a good track record of work experience.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
That is my main objection to Sen. Ted Cruz and Dr. Ben Carson running for President. Though they are able to give good speeches, and are, I think, genuinely conservative and good people, they just have no executive experience. And Dr. Carson has no political leadership at all, that I can see.

In any other important job, we look at a resume and record to test ahead of time how the employee we are hiring will reasonably do. We get character references. The President should surely be much more thoroughly vetted, and he should be held to a far higher standard than most employees.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 am 

The older I get and the more I advance in my career the more I buy into the idea of executive experience. I know it is not the most persuasive of arguments but I find that there are leadership lessons that I just could not have learned at lesser levels in the organization I am part of.

To that end, I would love to see a sitting or former governor be nominated.

Post by agrandy has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
christopher.wilkerson wrote:

Another thing I find distressing is the recent nature of political stardom. A fresh face appears on the scene, and suddenly everybody is ready to make them president. It happened with John Edwards, Obama, then Palin, Rubio, Cruz, Rand Paul, Ben Carson...and so on. I mean, this is a big job; it'd be nice to hire someone with a good track record of work experience.

Agreed! It's not that people new on the political scene don't have good ideas or generate enthusiasm (they often do and maybe they shouldn't be totally counted out), but we need great leaders in offices (state and federal) other than the presidency as well and sometimes people are better suited for those offices because of their experience, abilities, personality, etc.

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/