Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:26 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
From his FB page- "Tonight, I urge you to watch my show on the Fox News Channel. There will be outstanding guests, a musical appearance by the Swon Brothers, and a very important announcement that will make news for sure. You will learn it of it first if you watch the show tonight. I hope you watch and encourage your friends to do the same."

:pray

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:30 pm 
** General

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but I'm excited by the possibility of what his announcement could be!! :popcorn

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:16 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
I think this is because of Jeb Bush making moves. Mike may have feared that Bush was going to suck up the support and financial backers before he could announce, so he's partly jumping in to show folks he's an option. We'll see how much support he gets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
No!!!!!!!!!! He is ending his show!!!!!

"Dear Friends,

This evening I wanted to share with you some news that is very personal to me. Because you have been such a good friend and a strong supporter of all my efforts, I wanted you to know first that tonight I will do more than just say goodnight on my Fox show. I will say goodbye.

This is the last edition of Huckabee on the Fox News Channel. It has been the ride of a lifetime, and I have never had so much fun in my life. But I also realize that God hasn't put me on earth just to have a good time or to make a good living, but rather has put me on earth to try to make a good life.

There has been a great deal of speculation as to whether I would run for President. I won't make a decision about running until late in the spring of 2015, but the continued chatter has put Fox News into a position that is not fair to them. The honorable thing to do at this point is to end my tenure here at Fox so I can openly talk with potential donors and supporters and gauge support. As much as I have loved doing the show, I love my country more, and feel that it may be time for me to leave a zone of comfort to engage in the conflicts that have almost destroyed the bedrock foundations of America. I feel compelled to ascertain if the support exists strongly enough for another Presidential run. So as we say in television, stay tuned!

With the deepest gratitude"

He wouldn't end a show making that type of money just to speculate about running. He is in!!!!!

You heard it here first!

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Thanks again karrboy84 to be the first on starting another important thread here at Hucks Army!

"He wouldn't end a show making that type of money just to speculate about running. He is in!!!!! You heard it here first!

Yes he is IN, but only if he can -- as he said, if he could raise enough money!!!

But I say, as I said in an earlier post. People VOTE NOT MONEY!

Still Here!

I know there are a lot of people out there wishing Mike would run and I know he would if he thought he had a good chance of winning. I believe the main thing holding Mike back is his lack of committed financial support. He has even mentioned that his lack of financial support cost him dearly in 2008.

Huge Money is only important if you are trying to get name recognition, drive an opponent's negatives up or trying to get out your opinion on a critical issue.

MONEY DOES NOT VOTE!! PEOPLE DO!!

There are already enough people that knows Mike and his stance on the issues for him to win. The main problem is not lack of MONEY but lack of strong support. The "Center Right" and yes I said "Center Right" because if you do not support Life and Marriage you are not even center let alone "Center Right".

We always start with 8-15 Candidates and end up with at least 4-5 that divide the vote to where our leading candidate has only about 18 to 24 percent of the vote. The more liberal side of our party will only run 2 or 3 candidates at most, this gives thier leader between 25 - 33 percent of the vote, which wins the primary.

DEMOCRATIC PARTY:

Possible Democrats running - 7
Real possibilities! 4-5

Joe Biden
Vice President

Hillary Clinton
Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (New York)

Joe Manchin
US Senator Joe Manchin (West Virginia)

Martin O'Malley
Governor Martin O'Malley (Maryland)

Bernie Sanders
US Senator Bernie Sanders (Independent-Vermont)

Elizabeth Warren
US Senator Elizabeth Warren (Massachusetts)

Jim Webb
Former US Senator Jim Webb (Virginia)

REPUBLICAN PARTY

Possibly could run! 26

May actually test the waters! 16-20

The number of possible candidates that would split our vote is 12. That leaves Jeb Bush, Chris Christy and Mitt Romney as leaders in the other group. If Romney ran, at least one of the others would drop out very soon leaving them with only 2 to divide the more liberal vote in our party.

I believe very strongly that MONEY is not our problem, our main problem is our clinging to candidates to the bitter end, and the bitter end for canididates is when they run out of money. I do not know of any of our candidates ever dropping out of the race to help a fellow like minded conservative candidate beat a more liberal candidate.

Marsha Blackburn
Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee)

John Bolton
Former UN Ambassador John Bolton (Maryland)

Jan Brewer
Former Governor Jan Brewer (Arizona)

Jeb Bush
Former Governor Jeb Bush (Florida)

Ben Carson
Dr. Ben Carson (Maryland)

Chris Christie
Governor Chris Christie (New Jersey)

Bob Corker
US Senator Bob Corker (Tennessee)

Ted Cruz
US Senator Ted Cruz (Texas)

Carly Fiorina
Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (Virginia)

Jim Gilmore
Former Governor Jim Gilmore (Virginia)

Lindsey Graham
US Senator Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

Mike Huckabee
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (Florida)

Bobby Jindal
Governor Bobby Jindal (Louisiana)

John Kasich
Governor John Kasich (Ohio)

Pete King
Congressman Pete King (New York)

George Pataki (Former Governor NY)

Rand Paul
US Senator Rand Paul (Kentucky)

Mike Pence
Governor Mike Pence (Indiana)

Rick Perry
Governor Rick Perry (Texas)

Mitt Romney
Former Massachusets Governor Mitt Romney (California)

Marco Rubio
US Senator Marco Rubio (Florida)

Paul Ryan
Congressman Paul Ryan (Wisconsin)

Rick Scott
Governor Rick Scott (Florida)

Rick Santorum
Former US Senator Rick Santorum (Pennsylvania)

Rick Snyder
Governor Rick Snyder (Michigan)

Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker (Wisconsin)

If we Huckabee supporters would just commit to building a real viable grassroots organization that could literally show by name and county, an activate leader organizing groups in all of the 3000 + counties would get Mike more media coverage than several million dollars spent in TV adds. There are almost that many people who are listed here at Hucks Army, Hucks Army Facebook 6000+. There are 20,000 people listed at Huck Pac.

If we really want Mike to run, then it is up to us to organize a REAL ACTIVE ON THE GROUND GRASSROOTS ARMY. I believe without a doubt if we had an organization in place like this Mike would have already announced. It is important to remember that in the Iowa Straw Poll, Mike did not spend one dime on a single radio or TV add. Mike did not have a single paid add during the Straw Poll.

It was not MONEY, it was a very few small groups of very dedicated and organized people that in less than 60 days pushed Mike form one of the very bottom candidates to a strong second place finish, this strong second place finish is what caused Mike to be featured on the following Sunday morning programs, instead of Romney who actually won the Straw Poll. Those Sunday Shows gave Mike his first step to attracting national attention.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:34 pm 
Captain

Not convinced he's in yet. If he puts out feelers now and the support and money are not there, I could easily see him choosing not to run. He's no fool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Sorry Courtney -- (Huckabeliever) for thanking karrboy84 and not you for starting this thread. I was soo!!! excited and wanted to post here after I heard Mike make the announcement that he was ending his show, I saw karrboy84 had beat me here to make the announcement that I miss your post to make sure to watch Huckabee tonight and instead saw kerrboy's post that He is IN I did not look at the top of thread. Sorry for the mistake, but Thanks again for making members here aware that something big might happen on Mikes show tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Lee wrote:
Not convinced he's in yet. If he puts out feelers now and the support and money are not there, I could easily see him choosing not to run. He's no fool.

I know you're being cautious to not get your hopes up, but he's had the feelers out for quite a while:

Quote:
Huckabee’s shift from semi-
retirement to being on the cusp of another presidential run began in July 2013, said Republicans close to him who requested anonymity to speak freely.

As Huckabee sat on the beach one day with his family, he was joined by Chip Saltsman, the longtime political strategist who had managed his 2008 campaign.

Saltsman asked Huckabee whether he was interested in running again. Huckabee shrugged and said he was not sure. Saltsman replied that if he had any inclination to do it, he needed to start mapping out a run as soon as possible in order to keep up with his potential rivals. Saltsman’s parting message: Call me when you’re ready. A couple days later, Huckabee rang Saltsman and said, “Let’s go.”

Since then, Huckabee has checked off a list provided to him by Saltsman and another strategist, Bob Wickers, said people familiar with his deliberations. First, Huckabee talked it over with his family, who encouraged him. Next, he began calling donors, just to talk, so that those relationships were warmed.

As previously mentioned, you don't walk away from a multi-million dollar contract at Fox just to make some phone calls. Huckabee reached the limit of what he could do under his contractual obligations. That, and the 501c(4):
Quote:
According to the Washington Post, the 501c(4) is bringing on the big names of the Huckabee inner circle – his daughter and chief political consultant Sarah Huckabee Sanders, his former campaign manager Chip Saltsman, his top media strategist Bob Wickers, and his former communications director Alice Stewart. Chad Gallagher is now heading up his political action committee – HuckPAC. These are all familiar names to those of us in Arkansas who followed his 2008 Presidential campaign. - See more at: http://talkbusiness.net/2014/11/tolbert ... ReZIH.dpuf

Quote:
As much as I have loved doing the show, I love my country more, and feel that it may be time for me to leave a zone of comfort to engage in the conflicts that have almost destroyed the bedrock foundations of America.
Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/ ... JMwq4Bd.99

He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in. :!: :mrgreen: :!: He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in.He's in. 8)

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 Hucks Army - Bill, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:40 pm 
Captain

Already seeing the haters out in force repeating two myths: Huckabee is for the Common Core and he released a cop killer. He - and his "campaign" - need to get on top of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm 
Major

Liked: 0
Lee wrote:
Already seeing the haters out in force repeating two myths: Huckabee is for the Common Core and he released a cop killer. He - and his "campaign" - need to get on top of that.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but an uphill battle is ahead to keep a possible campaign for Mike Huckabee from being completely buried in the same kind of trash that hurt him last time. Between the Common Core and Maurice Clemmons issues and the mantra that tries to claim the man isn't a true conservative, it's going be hard to keep that from happening.

Political Realities

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:28 pm 
*** General

My mom was shocked that he quit the show. I, on the other hand, am not surprised given the topics he had covered recently and the talks about governing. He could see he was hitting those bases, blacks, military, young millennials, woman issues, politics and the current hot button topics of the moment. Strong Israeli stance also were stated and seen. That said, I AM going to miss the show like crazy for that was a part of my life since the first show. I think, come Saturday, I am going to try to spend that hour praying for him, for our election, and our nation. :pray :allgood :up it's going to take all we can do, pray, donate, and be a strong army for Mike and for the United States of America under God to preserve our nation with repentance to God for allowing these messes to mess U.S. up.

Post by c murphy has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, Hucks Army - Bill, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
Did anyone else notice Mike was wearing a purple tie for the announcement? ;-)

Post by Matthew has received Likes: 5 christopher.wilkerson, Huckabeliever, Hucks Army - Bill, justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 am 
** General

Hucks Army - Bill wrote:
Sorry Courtney -- (Huckabeliever) for thanking karrboy84 and not you for starting this thread. I was soo!!! excited and wanted to post here after I heard Mike make the announcement that he was ending his show, I saw karrboy84 had beat me here to make the announcement that I miss your post to make sure to watch Huckabee tonight and instead saw kerrboy's post that He is IN I did not look at the top of thread. Sorry for the mistake, but Thanks again for making members here aware that something big might happen on Mikes show tonight.

No problem! Thank you very much!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:13 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
Well, he is going to need a miracle in order to win. And that miracle will be in the form of both the Tea Party and the Establishment knocking each other out and savaging each other in the primaries.

Huck needs to lay back, stay out of that bloodbath, and offer a third alternative for the primaries. I can guarantee that people will be looking for one.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
karrboy84 wrote:

"Dear Friends,

This evening I wanted to share with you some news that is very personal to me. Because you have been such a good friend and a strong supporter of all my efforts, I wanted you to know first that tonight I will do more than just say goodnight on my Fox show. I will say goodbye.

This is the last edition of Huckabee on the Fox News Channel. It has been the ride of a lifetime, and I have never had so much fun in my life. But I also realize that God hasn't put me on earth just to have a good time or to make a good living, but rather has put me on earth to try to make a good life.

There has been a great deal of speculation as to whether I would run for President. I won't make a decision about running until late in the spring of 2015, but the continued chatter has put Fox News into a position that is not fair to them. The honorable thing to do at this point is to end my tenure here at Fox so I can openly talk with potential donors and supporters and gauge support. As much as I have loved doing the show, I love my country more, and feel that it may be time for me to leave a zone of comfort to engage in the conflicts that have almost destroyed the bedrock foundations of America. I feel compelled to ascertain if the support exists strongly enough for another Presidential run. So as we say in television, stay tuned!

He wouldn't end a show making that type of money just to speculate about running. He is in!!!!!

You heard it here first!

I am so excited about the prospect of Governor Huckabee running for President, but the timing couldn't have been more lousy for me and my husband! My Christmas present was tickets to the Huckabee Show for this coming weekend, plane tickets and hotel paid for. Wouldn't you know it, one week earlier and we would have made it to his last show. Now, I guess we'll have to find something else to do in New York....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Matthew wrote:
Did anyone else notice Mike was wearing a purple tie for the announcement? ;-)

Yes, that was the first thing I noticed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:23 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Someone may want to start a thread with this link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/06/opinions/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
c murphy wrote:
My mom was shocked that he quit the show. I, on the other hand, am not surprised given the topics he had covered recently and the talks about governing. He could see he was hitting those bases, blacks, military, young millennials, woman issues, politics and the current hot button topics of the moment. Strong Israeli stance also were stated and seen. That said, I AM going to miss the show like crazy for that was a part of my life since the first show. I think, come Saturday, I am going to try to spend that hour praying for him, for our election, and our nation. :pray :allgood :up it's going to take all we can do, pray, donate, and be a strong army for Mike and for the United States of America under God to preserve our nation with repentance to God for allowing these messes to mess U.S. up.

What a great idea, cmurphy, to use the hour that the Huckabee show would be on to pray for him and our country. I will try to do that too, and perhaps fast on Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
nrobyar wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

"Dear Friends,

You heard it here first!

I am so excited about the prospect of Governor Huckabee running for President, but the timing couldn't have been more lousy for me and my husband! My Christmas present was tickets to the Huckabee Show for this coming weekend, plane tickets and hotel paid for. Wouldn't you know it, one week earlier and we would have made it to his last show. Now, I guess we'll have to find something else to do in New York....

That is some rotten luck! But at least it happened for a good reason. If you have a contact number with the tickets, perhaps you could find out about getting a tour of Fox News studios. He might even be there this weekend doing interviews.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
nrobyar wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

"Dear Friends,

You heard it here first!

That is some rotten luck! But at least it happened for a good reason. If you have a contact number with the tickets, perhaps you could find out about getting a tour of Fox News studios. He might even be there this weekend doing interviews.

I would think that FoxNews would let you attend another show and get a tour. And yes, find out if Huckabee will be interviewed. That would be the least they could do for you!