Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Facelift 2016?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:29 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
A suggestion to send across to the powers that be that currently run the website...

With the 2016 Election approaching I hope there is serious consideration for doing a facelift to the website. The theme and style has not changed since the 2008 Election 7+ years ago. Not only would a fresh look welcome in a new election season it might also stimulate the motivation of those existing to help Gov. Huckabee in the next election and also might bring renewed interest in new prospective people looking in at the grassroots effort here.

Post by GAVoter4Huck Liked by: Peter
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Facelift 2016?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
GAVoter4Huck wrote:
A suggestion to send across to the powers that be that currently run the website...

With the 2016 Election approaching I hope there is serious consideration for doing a facelift to the website. The theme and style has not changed since the 2008 Election 7+ years ago. Not only would a fresh look welcome in a new election season it might also stimulate the motivation of those existing to help Gov. Huckabee in the next election and also might bring renewed interest in new prospective people looking in at the grassroots effort here.

It would also be wise to make the forums more mobile friendly. There is code that can be added to the phpbb software that will auto-detect whether you are viewing on a phone or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 pm 

Liked: 340
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
GAVoter4Huck wrote:

It would also be wise to make the forums more mobile friendly. There is code that can be added to the phpbb software that will auto-detect whether you are viewing on a phone or not.

Yeah, mobile friendly would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:18 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Do we have "powers that be"??? Is everyone still around? If you go to the main hucks army page, not the forum, it is stuff that is years old with an add for a documentary for a guy that is running for president (his people were handing out his DVD docs at the Iowa Freedom Summit). I'm wondering who actually still runs things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
karrboy84 wrote:
Do we have "powers that be"??? Is everyone still around? If you go to the main hucks army page, not the forum, it is stuff that is years old with an add for a documentary for a guy that is running for president (his people were handing out his DVD docs at the Iowa Freedom Summit). I'm wondering who actually still runs things.

Hucks Army - Bill is the man in charge. He is one of the founders of HucksArmy (along with the Harris Twins). He has also given System Administrator privileges to long-time members justgrace and WhatsNotToLike?, along with MichaelBrown, ViannG, ankitkatiyar30, who do not participate in discussions. Bill brought HucksArmy back from the dead after the hacking incident made it useless and inaccessible.

However, the last time this site was regularly updated and working was when PrinicplesMatter(who as far as I know, still controls the @HucksArmy twitter account) and FirstCoastTerp worked on it. I have not been able to contact them, and when I ask what happened to them, answers have not been forthcoming.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

Hucks Army - Bill is the man in charge. He is one of the founders of HucksArmy (along with the Harris Twins). He has also given System Administrator privileges to long-time members justgrace and WhatsNotToLike?, along with MichaelBrown, ViannG, ankitkatiyar30, who do not participate in discussions. Bill brought HucksArmy back from the dead after the hacking incident made it useless and inaccessible.

However, the last time this site was regularly updated and working was when PrinicplesMatter(who as far as I know, still controls the @HucksArmy twitter account) and FirstCoastTerp worked on it. I have not been able to contact them, and when I ask what happened to them, answers have not been forthcoming.

I am not the tech person to ask, but would appreciate suggestions.

Bill Goins owns the name and websites. He had the original vision and set up the first Huck's Army and joined with the Harris twins early on. This HucksArmy website was a powerful help to Governor Huckabee, to get his 2007 campaign off the ground, and to get grassroots support organized. I have great respect for it still, for Bill and his vision, for all those who worked so hard in the past for Huckabee's campaign, and for what HucksArmy can be as we get "back and running."

I hope we can maintain a respectful attitude, and mostly that everything posted here will help Mike Huckabee, first of all. A secondary focus that Bill and I agree upon is doing what is best for our country. Since we still see no better prospective Presidential candidate than Gov. Huckabee who would be best suited to draw the nation together, much as Ronald Reagan did, we will not be allowing campaigning for other candidates on this forum. We realize there are many "fine folks" out there that disagree, but the purpose here is to foster support for, and to pray for, Mike and Janet Huckabee and their team. Including, we hope, YOU ALL!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
justgrace wrote:

Bill Goins owns the name and websites. He had the original vision and set up the first Huck's Army and joined with the Harris twins early on. This HucksArmy website was a powerful help to Governor Huckabee, to get his 2007 campaign off the ground, and to get grassroots support organized. I have great respect for it still, for Bill and his vision, for all those who worked so hard in the past for Huckabee's campaign, and for what HucksArmy can be as we get "back and running."

I hope we can maintain a respectful attitude, and mostly that everything posted here will help Mike Huckabee, first of all. A secondary focus that Bill and I agree upon is doing what is best for our country. Since we still see no better prospective Presidential candidate than Gov. Huckabee who would be best suited to draw the nation together, much as Ronald Reagan did, we will not be allowing campaigning for other candidates on this forum. We realize there are many "fine folks" out there that disagree, but the purpose here is to foster support for, and to pray for, Mike and Janet Huckabee and their team. Including, we hope, YOU ALL!

justgrace, thanks for replying to the thread though I think I lost you in translation after reading your response. Are you saying that there are no plans to facelift the website and get it up to speed and that we should have no expectations of such? A little bit more clarity and insight into what you may know for the future would be helpful with Huckabee seriously considering to run at this moment.

While I don't disagree with the substance you mentioned about the eligibility of Huckabee and the support role we all play, I think those of us that have posted here do so because of the passionate conviction we already have in wanting to help should he decide to run, otherwise we would not be here. No need to rehash that to us. The main meat of this particular suggestion is that the times have changed since 2008, especially with technology and it would be beneficial to take advantage of that to make any grassroots effort we do to help with Huckabee's campaign even more effective. Support and prayer we will, but there will also be a time to act (which I am sure you know very well back in 2008). It would be nice to know what's in store while things are still early and there is enough time to make changes.

Post by GAVoter4Huck Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
GAVoter4Huck wrote:

Yes "GAVoter4Huck" it would be great to have the website updated. In July 2007 I put up and have paid for this site until today. My family and I paid to get this site up and running and we have paid for over eight years all the expense of keeping this site up and running. When Mike started to become known we were able to get a few programmers to do two new designs. David Schmidt kept the home page up to date until 2011 as you can see the last video of Mike is dated 2011.

Before I spend any more money redesigning the site I wanted to make sure that Gov. Huckabee was going to run and people were going to actively support him and not just click a Like on Facebook. Hucks Army was first created (July 2007) and used as a real on the ground army that organized and got out the vote that in 30 days brought Mike from 5th place to a strong 18%, 2nd place surprise finish that got Mike on all the Sunday shows and gave him his first real national exposure even though Romney won with 34%.

But if Gov. Huckabee did not run I was going to keep the theme, Hucks Army, Faith Family, Freedom, with Gov. Huckabee as still the focus of the home page as that was why we all supported Mike. If Mike did not run we could then use the forum where us that still supported these values could come and discuss two to four possible candidates intelligently and calmly then select a candidate that we could all come together and support in order to avoid a split in the base that would allow a candidate that NONE OF US WOULD LIKE, ie Dole, McCain, Romney, to get the nomination.

I will watch the Roll Call thread and if it gets 25 new commitments I will post a thread asking for volunteer’s that want to be a part of an actual on the ground army that would build a nationwide organization that would go a long way in helping Gov. Huckabee get elected. If I get at least 14 people with a Facebook friends list of at least 250 people I will then go ahead and commit to developing a redesigned site suitable to be used by all popular devices.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:01 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
GAVoter4Huck wrote:
justgrace wrote:

justgrace, thanks for replying to the thread though I think I lost you in translation after reading your response. Are you saying that there are no plans to facelift the website and get it up to speed and that we should have no expectations of such? A little bit more clarity and insight into what you may know for the future would be helpful with Huckabee seriously considering to run at this moment.

While I don't disagree with the substance you mentioned about the eligibility of Huckabee and the support role we all play, I think those of us that have posted here do so because of the passionate conviction we already have in wanting to help should he decide to run, otherwise we would not be here. No need to rehash that to us. The main meat of this particular suggestion is that the times have changed since 2008, especially with technology and it would be beneficial to take advantage of that to make any grassroots effort we do to help with Huckabee's campaign even more effective. Support and prayer we will, but there will also be a time to act (which I am sure you know very well back in 2008). It would be nice to know what's in store while things are still early and there is enough time to make changes.

My focus and contribution here is just not on the technical side, but on helping to encourage our readers here. My job is to help monitor the site and make it a place where people feel welcome, where Governor Huckabee's interests are kept foremost.

Hopefully, many new people will come here, and some will be able to help with the technical ideas. As readership increases, from time to time we will post the "rules," which you can also access on the Board Index. You may also go to the Suggestion Box. Or PM Bill Goins/HucksArmy and he will address these concerns.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:33 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
Thanks for the suggestions. I was recently promoted to site admin by Bill Goins, and I am going to be working hard to rebuild the site. I have already started adding content to the facebook page, and the Youtube channel. In the next two weeks I will work on re-freshing the website with a totally new design. I will be using a content management system that will make it really easy to add pages and content to the website. I have also been pruning and organizing the forum. I hope to start posting more topics once this is done. I would love any suggestions on how to make the forum more useful. Once I have the new framework set up, I would like to delegate a few people to post on the websites new blog site.

More info will be coming soon.

Follow me on Twitter

Post by Joshua Clinard has received Likes: 3 justgrace, ohiorepublican09, sherri79