Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 pm 

Liked: 340
It is a sad day for America...Here is Huckabee's statement on it from his facebook page.

Quote:
The Supreme Court has spoken with a very divided voice on something only the Supreme Being can do - redefine marriage. I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch. We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat.

This ruling is not about marriage equality, it's about marriage redefinition. This irrational, unconstitutional rejection of the expressed will of the people in over 30 states will prove to be one of the court's most disastrous decisions, and they have had many. The only outcome worse than this flawed, failed decision would be for the President and Congress, two co-equal branches of government, to surrender in the face of this out-of-control act of unconstitutional, judicial tyranny.

The Supreme Court can no more repeal the laws of nature and nature's God on marriage than it can the laws of gravity. Under our Constitution, the court cannot write a law, even though some cowardly politicians will wave the white flag and accept it without realizing that they are failing their sworn duty to reject abuses from the court. If accepted by Congress and this President, this decision will be a serious blow to religious liberty, which is the heart of the First Amendment.

Post by Peter Liked by: TheValuesVoter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:39 pm 

Politico wraps up candidates responses to the issue... No one fights as Huckabee on this... No one has a plan to fight this as Huckabee has (closest: Walker, supporting an amendment to make it a states issue).

I'm still waiting for Cruz and Paul's statements...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/2016-candidates-react-supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling-119466.html

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
If I were a polygamist, I would immediately use the SCOTUS ruling to demand an end to laws that prevent marriage from being limited to two people. I give it ten years ... Legalized polygamy is coming. Once you establish that marriage can be redefined, there is no limit to what extent it can be redefined.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 juditupp, Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:43 pm 

The sad thing is also that it is those do don't give a hoot about marriage in general are also the most arduous supporters of marriage "equality".

Two sundays ago I listened to a guest speaker and christian philosopher in church from India (Vishal Mangalwadi) - he spoke also about how the rest of the world is just turning its head about Western gay marriage "equality". In his home country there was a fight for over a hundred years to have marriage defined and amended to the sensible Western standard of "1 man, 1 woman" (exception: Muslim Indians).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:50 am 

Yesterday was one of Huckabee's most succesful "facebook recruiting days" (number of new page likes in quite a while and also the most likes for a single post (135,000 and counting).

Facebook reactions to the SCOTUS ruling of some of other candidates:
Ted Cruz was late to the game. For several hours nothing on the ruling. Now he has made a few posts addressing the issue quite forcibly. Lots of wind, but he is more following than leading on the issue.

Scott Walker had quite a strong response to the ruling. However, the post seems to have been taken off again in the meanwhile. (Constitutional amendment to protect states rights)

Rick Perry issued a strong statement condemning it. (States rights issue)

Marco Rubio - States Rights issue

Rand Paul - Nothing so far

Jeb - nothing.

Ben Carson: Nada.

Conclusion: Nobody leads like Huckabee.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:36 am 

This is also an issue where Huck and black conservative leaders and pastors can form a coalition:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/coalition-of-african-american-pastors-threatens-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court-passes-gay-marriage-law-140842/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:

Governor Huckabee has a head start on working with black pastors and gaining their respect. He would head the pack of Republican hopefuls here. He also has the courage and determination that will draw respect, if not always agreement, of many people, whether conservative or moderate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:26 am 

Kasich has also surrendered on the issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-gov-time-to-move-on-from-same-sex-marriage/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:05 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
Huckabee just posted a video on his Facebook telling us that he has lost some donors and support with his latest stance on gay marriage. I've been wavering on who to support this time around, but when I see Huckabee standing firm even when it hurts financially, it pushed me over the edge and I donated to him. So, he may have lost some...but he just officially gained my support! He is up in his facebook "likes" and interaction, so it looks like this might actually be the winning issue for him. #Huckabee2016

Post by Landon has received Likes: 2 Peter, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:15 pm 

Great to have you back on board, Landon!

I truly believe the first reason Huckabee is in the race is "to be the somebody, to do the something" (for the future of America); winning comes only after that for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:07 pm 

The next steps of the left...

http://www.redstate.com/2015/06/29/dont-paranoid-doesnt-affect-you/

All hands on deck to support Gov. Huckabee, for those of us who really care about America!

Post by Peter Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:06 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
I donated money today. He's the only candidate I will work for and PRAY for. Thank The Lord for Mike Huckabee!!!!!!!
:pray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:26 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
There have been three candidates that I've been considering; Huckabee, Kasich, and Jindal. With Kasich's statement he is out as far as I'm concerned, so now I'm down to two. As much as I like Jindal I'm not sure he's going to get any traction.

What Kasich said bothers me on a lot of levels, and it's typical right now of many in the Republican party. There's two parts to this issue, the political side and the substantive side. On the political side, when you make a statement like "it's now the law of the land so let's move on" you're showing that you never really wanted to fight on this issue to begin with, and you're conforming to the media narrative that somehow this issue is hurting the Republicans so we need to get rid of it as soon as possible. I completely disagree with that, but it's what some believe.

Then there's the substantive side. This probably bothers me more than anything, because we've completely bought into this false idea that the Supreme Court is the final word on what is law. That is wrong. Marbury vs. Madison had nothing to do with establishing the Supreme Court as the final word. It simply established the Supreme Court as a co-equal branch.

The Supreme Court CANNOT be the final word because it has NO enforcement mechanism. Congress can cut off funding, and the President can execute or not execute a law, but the Supreme Court has zero power to enforce a decision. I think there's a very good reason for that. The two branches that can affect law are directly accountable through elections. If a President fails to execute the laws then they can be voted out or impeached. If Congress funds what we don't like then they can be voted out.

Congress passes laws and the President executes those laws. That is the way it is suppose to work. If the Supreme Court decides next that Christian Colleges cannot receive Federal Aid money because they prohibit homosexual relationships (even if in a recognized marriage) as part of their code of conduct then should that be the final say?

What if a Christian College provides housing for married couples and refuses to provide housing for homosexual couples who are recognized as being married? Can the Supreme Court decide this is discrimination and deny them Federal Funding? For those of you not familiar with how students get money for college, probably 90% need some sort of Federal program such as Student Loans or Grants such as the Pell Grant. You cut a college off from federal aid and you've shut down the college.

Too much focus has been placed on whether or not Christian Pastors will be forced to perform gay weddings. That is not going to be in the left's near term strategy. If they were to be successful in their short and mid-term goals then eventually they'll get around to making churches perform gay weddings or lose their tax exempt status, but that will not be their first targets.

As we've already seen, their first target is going to be businesses. They'll also continue to try and brand any speech that is against homosexuality as being hate speech. At some point though, I think their next big target is Christian Colleges because they are so reliant upon Federal Aid Money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:05 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Here is an article predicting what I said above regarding Christian Colleges and federal funding.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mattbarb ... n-n2027261

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 am 

WalterCan wrote:
Here is an article predicting what I said above regarding Christian Colleges and federal funding.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mattbarb ... n-n2027261

The question I have in all this - do the Christians in this have still enough "fight" within themselves to fight back and protect Religious liberty?

As Gov Huckabee has often said, it's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but about the size of the fight in the dog.

And I fear that many Christians have basically already given up and surrendered in this fight (- as is also reflected in the statements of many candidates representing those Christians -).