Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/08/16/ ... raguay.cnn

This scares me. Not because I don't think Mike should not have said it, I support what he said 100%. But, the mainstream media will have a field day with this one.

It is has always entered my mind that Mike may be too good a person to become president. He is more principled than any of the other candidates, IMHO.

Pray for Mike today. Pray for our country. It will be an answered prayer of mine if Mike becomes President. The long knives will come out after this.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Yes, there will be a dust up. But with the terrible revelations coming out each week about Planned Parenthood's hidden practices against unborn babies and the women who carry them, hopefully the focus will be on the fact that ten-year-olds are victims of crimes of rape and incest, and that they and their unborn babies need our protection from Planned Parenthood. "How do you look a ten-year old in the eye and say she can't have an abortion?" That's the stupid question reporters will ask, as if a child would desire the right to abort her baby. She is just a child herself.

Aborting a baby is often more violent to the woman (or child in this case) than a birth would be. Of course, this child would need a great deal of medical care and supervision. Proponents will use the most extreme cases to make their point for "a woman's right to choose." But this little girl had no right to choose her rape, and her unborn child likewise has no right to life unless we as a society and nation protect it.

Kudos to Mike Huckabee for his courage, and for stating his beliefs firmly but kindly. This composure and thoughtful conviction is so unusual in the current Trump-mania political culture.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Unfortunately, there is no way to win politically stating the position that MH did here. Due to the high probabilitity of serious health consequences to a 10 year old trying to give birth, you really don't lose your pro-life bonifides for making exceptions in cases like this. While I understand the position MH and others may take on something like this, it's a position that can be so easily misreported (as all the google searches wil attest to) and left without any context, which makes it politically a no-win situation. My motto in life is "don't make perfect the enemy of the good", which really applies here, especially if one is running for President.

Post by goalieman Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

goalieman wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no way to win politically stating the position that MH did here. Due to the high probabilitity of serious health consequences to a 10 year old trying to give birth, you really don't lose your pro-life bonifides for making exceptions in cases like this. While I understand the position MH and others may take on something like this, it's a position that can be so easily misreported (as all the google searches wil attest to) and left without any context, which makes it politically a no-win situation. My motto in life is "don't make perfect the enemy of the good", which really applies here, especially if one is running for President.

Goalieman, I get what you are saying. This was a loaded question, but in this case Gov. Huckabee was asked a question by a reporter and had to provide some answer. He admitted it would be horrific to the child. How would you think he might have answered this question more satisfactorily?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 am 
***** General

justgrace wrote:
Goalieman, I get what you are saying. This was a loaded question, but in this case Gov. Huckabee was asked a question by a reporter and had to provide some answer. He admitted it would be horrific to the child. How would you think he might have answered this question more satisfactorily?

In an instance like this, where the questioner is attempting to put you in a lose/lose situation (if Huck answers one way he may alienate some of his pro-life supporters, if he answers the way he did, he gets attacked by the media), the best thing to do is evade the gotcha question and turn it into, for example, an attack on what Planned-abortionhood has been doing. He could simply say that he's not familiar enough with all the details of the 10 year old case and realizes there may be a life of the mother situation that has to be considered in cases like that. I know that may seem a bit Clintonian, but you have to avoid the headline that the MSM is looking to clobber you with, and unfortunately they jumped all over this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:18 am 

Liked: 340
goalieman wrote:

I agree with you both - kudos to Huckabee for his unapologetic pro life stance; but at the same time the good principle can sometimes be the enemy of the best outcome.

This was an unfair, loaded, dishonest question. If we want to turn this into a theological argument: Jesus didn't answer questions from his opponents, when he sensed the dishonesty ("gotcha") in and behind the question, that is not looking for honest debate and inquiry, but just looking to discredit.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 3 goalieman, justgrace, Miranda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm 
***** General

Peter wrote:
I agree with you both - kudos to Huckabee for his unapologetic pro life stance; but at the same time the good principle can sometimes be the enemy of the best outcome.

This was an unfair, loaded, dishonest question. If we want to turn this into a theological argument: Jesus didn't answer questions from his opponents, when he sensed the dishonesty ("gotcha") in and behind the question, that is not looking for honest debate and inquiry, but just looking to discredit.

That's a great analogy (wish I had thought of it!). Jesus didn't take the bait, but instead turned the discussion around to expose his questioners hypocrisies. That's what Huck should have done in this instance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

goalieman wrote:
Peter wrote:

Quote:
That's a great analogy (wish I had thought of it!). Jesus didn't take the bait, but instead turned the discussion around to expose his questioners hypocrisies. That's what Huck should have done in this instance.

Sounds like, though, from the question that perhaps Huckabee was already on the record somewhere for this answer, if not this particular child. I find it hard to believe that there was a pregnant 10 year old. However, I have heard of 11 or 12-year-olds in our infamous state years ago, being pregnant, usually by a much older man, often a relative. Phil Kline, our Attorney General, got absolutely hammered by then-governor Kathleen Sibelius, who was a strong supporter of abortionist Dr. Tiller and he for her with his political PAC money. Phil Kline sought to expose how abortion clinics in Kansas were actually protecting the rapists who would bring these young girls in for abortions, by not reporting those men for statutory rape. And the authorities were too afraid of Sibelius, or Tiller's machine, or someone (?) to investigate. Ended up Kline lost his job and license to practice law in Kansas for telling the truth. (He is presently a law professor at Liberty University, I believe.)

Thankfully, Planned Parenthood is being exposed now with the videos out there. But would it help a very young teen to be told she has a right to abortion? She is confused, in need of kindness and care to make the best of an impossible situation, not to make a political statement. Strange how the left uses children to make their cases, as they did in the case of school prayer. Of course, there will be those who think the Governor is extreme, but what would one want if one is pro-life? To say this young girl must abort, without even hearing from pro-life physicians who may be able to save both lives? The mental and physical abuse of such a young girl ought to be the topic of questioning. What are all these candidates going to do to stop Planned Parenthood and others from providing low-dose birth control pills, so thousands of young girls do get pregnant and have to have abortions, thus increasing PP's income stream? Why does PP protect the rapists? That might be a question the Governor could throw back next time to the interviewer.

Post by justgrace Liked by: juditupp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 pm 
***** General

One thing is a certainty, and that is all these candidates better be ready to get asked about this 10 year old rape story during the next debate on CNN. The abortion lobby is taking a beating thanks to these videos released recently and they would like nothing better than to change the focus from them selling baby parts to how "extreme" those wascally republicans are.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
The human body is amazing in its ability to sustain pregnancy. The girl in Paraguay delivered the baby and is physically fine, as is the baby. The pro-life answer to this situation is to carefully monitor the child's pregnancy and if it begins to threaten her life then induce labor or perform a c-section to end the pregnancy early (even if it is so early the baby may die). That option is probably less strenuous on the child's body then an abortion would be and it give the baby more of a chance to live. The focus should be on protecting girls from this abuse not on making sure their babies are murdered within their wombs. The young girl in question wasn't even the one asking for the abortion. It was the adults in her life that wanted it.

Judi, I agree with your comment here. So this was a girl from Paraguay? An actual case. Usually it is the parents or the "boyfriend" (or abuser) that are asking for the abortion. This is another form of child abuse that is all to common in our nation.