Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:13 pm 

Liked: 340
goalieman wrote:
I'm beginning to think the word Huckabee is a cuss word in some regions of the country, cuz none of the talk radio crowd every says the word! Yet many are still trying to inflate the tires of guys like Perry and Graham. Very sad, yet expected.

I say, the talk radio crowd is all gonna be "trumped" by Huckabee :D :D

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Didn't know where else to put this, but Huck was on Hugh Hewitt's radio show today and there's a poll up at HughHewitt.com's website for favorite GOP candidate. We can do better than the current 1% over there folks!

Was glad to hear Huck say he would support a bill to end birthright citizenship. Wasn't sure where he was on that issue until now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
You know the accepted wisdom that talk radio listeners are better informed, true conservatives? This Trump boom blows that theory out of the water, along with the slavish adoration of 2-year Senator Ted "Canuck" Cruz. "OOHHHH the man is brilliant. Calls the leadership of his own party a liar! YEah! Go get 'em ted!" Carson is in there too, and before them, it was Palin . It's embarrassing.

I've come to realize that conservative media is just as much brainwashing propaganda as mainstream media.

My mantra will be "The only true conservative is one who puts conservative policy into action."

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 cschande, Peter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 pm 

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
You know the accepted wisdom that talk radio listeners are better informed, true conservatives? This Trump boom blows that theory out of the water, along with the slavish adoration of 2-year Senator Ted "Canuck" Cruz. "OOHHHH the man is brilliant. Calls the leadership of his own party a liar! YEah! Go get 'em ted!" Carson is in there too, and before them, it was Palin . It's embarrassing.

I've come to realize that conservative media is just as much brainwashing propaganda as mainstream media.

My mantra will be "The only true conservative is one puts conservative policy into action."

Yes, and that is more than just "taking a stand", aka shutting the government down. [Cruz]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:39 pm 
***** General

christopher.wilkerson wrote:

My mantra will be "The only true conservative is one puts conservative policy into action."

I can see why Trump has the appeal that he does, as his campaign has really exposed how pathetic GOP leadership and its water carriers in the media are. They want to annoint another establishment candidate that they can control who will do their bidding for them in the White House (i.e. more corporate giveaways, higher immigration to flood the labor market and all the rest of it). Trump is beating them and it's no wonder many are rallying to him. That doesn't mean he's the best candidate though.

Cruz may only have been in the Senate for a short period of time, but he has argued nine cases in front of the Supreme Court and is a brilliant legal scholar, so experience isn't an issue with him for me. And I have no real issue with him for calling out Mitch McConnell for being a liar, because he is a liar (just like John Boehner, who classlessly called Cruz a word I won't repeat here). The problem though for Cruz is that because he called out party leadership for their deceptive practices, they'll actively work to sabotage his campaign if he wins the nomination. And unlike Trump, Cruz doesn't have the money to overcome that obsticle.

Carson's appeal is obvious due to his life story and success he had at an occupation few could do. Add that to people's frustration with the political class and I can see why he's popular with many. But all that doesn't mean he could handle the Presidency, and at some point people need to seriously consider that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
goalieman wrote:

I can see why Trump has the appeal that he does, as his campaign has really exposed how pathetic GOP leadership and its water carriers in the media are. They want to annoint another establishment candidate that they can control who will do their bidding for them in the White House (i.e. more corporate giveaways, higher immigration to flood the labor market and all the rest of it). Trump is beating them and it's no wonder many are rallying to him. That doesn't mean he's the best candidate though.

Cruz may only have been in the Senate for a short period of time, but he has argued nine cases in front of the Supreme Court and is a brilliant legal scholar, so experience isn't an issue with him for me. And I have no real issue with him for calling out Mitch McConnell for being a liar, because he is a liar (just like John Boehner, who classlessly called Cruz a word I won't repeat here). The problem though for Cruz is that because he called out party leadership for their deceptive practices, they'll actively work to sabotage his campaign if he wins the nomination. And unlike Trump, Cruz doesn't have the money to overcome that obsticle.

Carson's appeal is obvious due to his life story and success he had at an occupation few could do. Add that to people's frustration with the political class and I can see why he's popular with many. But all that doesn't mean he could handle the Presidency, and at some point people need to seriously consider that.
I think you have more faith in the common man than I do. I think these folks are popular based on personality alone. Trump is a living internet comment section. Cruz is a hero for railing against the phantom menace of the Establishment (just code for people that are able to win elections). And a brilliant legal scholar? Are you able to quantify that? Plenty of lawyers have argued before the Supreme Court. Does it make one presidential? Experience isn't an issue with Cruz? Can you point to any indication that he will excel in doing the things a president does? Can you point to legislation that he's helped pass, or coalitions or consensus that he's helped build? Has he ever sought common ground among those with whom he disagrees ? And if I'm right that voters more often than not vote based on personality, would you say Ted Cruz has the right personality to win in a national election? Boehner's comment wasn't really a nice thing to say, but it's not without merit. It came after Cruz's attack on McConnell on the senate floor.

Carson's success is what it is, and we all know why. He seems like a decent man. But would any other surgeon rise to the top of the national presidential polls if he was white?

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:30 pm 
***** General

It's Cruz' former law teachers who say he was one of the best students they ever had. And you don't become Soliciter General of a state like Texas by being a dummy. As Huck likes to say, he wants to be the starting QB by being the best player on the field, not by kneecapping his competition. But as I stated before, Cruz problems in running for Prez are due to not being a team player. That will be tough to overcome if he were to be the nominee.

It's not that I have much faith in most voters, it's that I know why they're doing what they are at the moment. They dislike the GOP establishment (they're not a phantom menace, they are a menace!) and are rallying behind those they deem not part of that crowd. As Huck said recently, if he can get John Boehner to call him bad names, it would be a boost to his campaign!

Post by goalieman Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 am 

goalieman wrote:
It's not that I have much faith in most voters, it's that I know why they're doing what they are at the moment. They dislike the GOP establishment (they're not a phantom menace, they are a menace!) and are rallying behind those they deem not part of that crowd. As Huck said recently, if he can get John Boehner to call him bad names, it would be a boost to his campaign!

What encourages me, is what discourages me at the same time: It is encouraging that between 30-50% of potential primary voters are sticking it to the establishment (by rallying behind Trump, Carson and Cruz, although Cruz to me is semi-establishment, but he does a good job at hiding that).

But it discourages me also: That these voters rally behind people who are, in my view, because of certain aspects not legitimate contenders for the presidency and/or are of uncertain moral and otherwise credentials (Trump).

By "wanting to stick it" to the establishment, they may even be chosing the greater of the two evils.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
goalieman wrote:
It's Cruz' former law teachers who say he was one of the best students they ever had. And you don't become Soliciter General of a state like Texas by being a dummy. As Huck likes to say, he wants to be the starting QB by being the best player on the field, not by kneecapping his competition. But as I stated before, Cruz problems in running for Prez are due to not being a team player. That will be tough to overcome if he were to be the nominee.

I am sure Ted Cruz is a fine Christian man and was a very good student. Part of the mindset of being born to an immigrant family is that often the work ethic and appreciation for the freedom and opportunity is especially strong. Many of us whose ancestors have been here for a long while have become more complacent. Having said that, I do think we need to look for team players, not just critics who can perhaps state the faults of others best. Cruz, for all his fine speeches, has not been able to move the needle in the Senate, and that is what I am looking for. Governor Huckabee had an excellent record of "winning friends and influencing people" to more conservative decisions and viewpoints. I just wish our young senators could become more that way--actually get some legislation passed that would help our nation, and to actually stop Obamacare. It almost seemed to get worse. And now, I know this will offend some who are looking for heroes among those who "speak out." There is much more to being an effective chief executive than trying to win a debate. There must be somehow an ability to move a body of co-workers in a direction and not raise division. This takes tremendous talent, and I think the experience that may come only from years of working together and finding what works, while still staying true to principle. There, I hope I have not said too much, because some of my best friends will probably be personally offended by what to me seems like obvious truth. I do hope that conservatives will humble themselves and pray, and seek God's face for solutions. Not trying to set themselves up as mini-gods, which politics tends to encourage. As Governor Huckabee might say, It's amazing what could be accomplished if we didn't take ourselves too seriously.

Post by justgrace Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:07 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I think most Republican primary voters know that if we get Jeb, Walker, or Rubio, then we're effectively just getting a 3rd term of George W. Bush. All the same establishment players will settle back into their seats of power, and the nation will continue to decay. It might decay more slowly than if Hillary wins, but it will still be on the path to decay.

A lot of people don't understand that the power brokers and big money players in the Establishment of both parties are just fine with the decay of our nation. They're making money in the process, and that's all that matters to them. They know that by the time the real consequences show up they will be in their graves.

So a lot of primary voters are shopping around right now for an alternative. If Huckabee wants to make a move then he has to position himself as a strong alternative. So far he has not taken those steps, at least not in my opinion. The good news for him is that there is still a lot of time, and voter sentiments are very fluid.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am 

I think Huck has made it very clear that he is not establishment.

What he has shown though in Arkansas is that you can not be establishment, and still work with the establishment AND succeed to get things done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 pm 

Let's get some numbers again into the discussion: New PP poll

Trump 29
Carson 15
Bush 9
Fiorina 8
Rubio 7
Kasich 6
Cruz 6
Huckabee 5
Walker 5
Christie 2
Santorum 2
Paul 1
Perry 1
Jindal 0
Pataki 0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/PPP_National_Poll_Aug_28-20.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Peter wrote:

Trump 29
Carson 15
Bush 9
Fiorina 8
Rubio 7
Kasich 6
Cruz 6
Huckabee 5
Walker 5
Christie 2
Santorum 2
Paul 1
Perry 1
Jindal 0
Pataki 0

Governors are the ones who have had experience and a record that can be examined. So how have Bush of Florida, Jindal of Louisiana, Christie of New Jersey, Walker of Wisconsin, and Huckabee of Arkansas, Perry of Texas, and Kasich of Ohio doing? Did I get those all correct? Seven is a remarkable number of governors or former governors. I would say in general that they are more qualified, or at least have a record of leadership and governing. Who alone left a blue state red when he retired from governer-ship? You got it!

Discounting the non-politicians who seem to be thriving on the winds of discontent with government, those who are maybe considered anti-establishment, Huckabee is still in third place, though he has the finest record. What can we do to help him get the news out?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:56 pm 
***** General

WalterCan wrote:
I think most Republican primary voters know that if we get Jeb, Walker, or Rubio, then we're effectively just getting a 3rd term of George W. Bush. All the same establishment players will settle back into their seats of power, and the nation will continue to decay. It might decay more slowly than if Hillary wins, but it will still be on the path to decay.

A lot of people don't understand that the power brokers and big money players in the Establishment of both parties are just fine with the decay of our nation. They're making money in the process, and that's all that matters to them. They know that by the time the real consequences show up they will be in their graves.

So a lot of primary voters are shopping around right now for an alternative. If Huckabee wants to make a move then he has to position himself as a strong alternative. So far he has not taken those steps, at least not in my opinion. The good news for him is that there is still a lot of time, and voter sentiments are very fluid.

This is an excellent analysis, IMO. Huck hurt himself as an anti-establishment candidate when he endorsed people like Mitch McConnell and Lamar Alexander during the 2014 elections (best move would have been to stay neutral in those contests). Worse yet is that people like McConnell and Alexander likely won't lift a finger to help Huck out. Huck has some repairing to do with folks but at least has some time to do so. Going to Israel immediatly after the Iowa state fair might not have been the wisest move either. Think I would have camped out in Iowa a bit longer like Carson and some others did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:00 pm 
***** General

Peter wrote:

Trump 29
Carson 15
Bush 9
Fiorina 8
Rubio 7
Kasich 6
Cruz 6
Huckabee 5
Walker 5
Christie 2
Santorum 2
Paul 1
Perry 1
Jindal 0
Pataki 0

Well, at least Huck is in the mix with alot of other big names in this poll. The Carson phenomenon continues to be our biggest problem. My fellow Evangelicals seem to like to latch on to the newest person who they feel represents them. Wish we thought a bit more strategically than that to be honest.

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:24 am 

I can live with the Huck-a-numbers for now. Now let's just soon push past Cruz, and stay ahead of Walker. The rising star Fiorina is not so rising any more.

Trump 32
Carson 19
Bush 9
Cruz 7
Huckabee 5
Walker 5
Rubio 3
Fiorina 3
Paul 3
Kasich 2
Christie 2
Santorum 1
Jindal 1
Graham 1
Perry 0

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/09/10/rel9a.-.gop.2016.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:13 pm 
***** General

While I'd like to be higher than 5% in the poll, it's a competitive spot to be right now and he's right there with everyone but Trump and Carson. With all talk about how Fiorina and Kasich are rising in the polls, it seems it's just talk afterall. I do wish the poll were taken a few days later than it was because I think Huck will get a bump from his stance on Kim Davis' situation.

Post by goalieman Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 am 

I like these numbers!!! Huck ahead of Cruz!!! And with Carson so high, lots of space to climb higher!

Trump 27
Carson 23
Huckabee 6
Bush 6
Rubio 6
Cruz 5
Fiorina 4
Kasich 3
Paul 3
Walker 2
Christie 1
Santorum 1
Perry 1
Jindal 0
Graham 0

http://de.scribd.com/doc/281089933/CBS-News-NYT-GOP-poll-toplines-9-15-15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Peter wrote:
I like these numbers!!! Huck ahead of Cruz!!! And with Carson so high, lots of space to climb higher!

Trump 27
Carson 23
Huckabee 6
Bush 6
Rubio 6
Cruz 5
Fiorina 4
Kasich 3
Paul 3
Walker 2
Christie 1
Santorum 1
Perry 1
Jindal 0
Graham 0

http://de.scribd.com/doc/281089933/CBS-News-NYT-GOP-poll-toplines-9-15-15

This is the season of very labile numbers, isn't it? Where have Gov. Walker and Gov. Bush's leads gone? Am so happy to see Huckabee's numbers on the rise. This one has him in the #3 spot!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:07 pm 
***** General

I'm calling this poll a Huck-a-surge! 8)

Post by goalieman Liked by: Miranda

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next