Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Debate
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:19 pm 

Liked: 340
I s'ppose y'all are gonna watch the debate tonight.

I won't because I can't. And I need some sleep.

Looking forward to the reports.

Post by Peter Liked by: Miranda
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Debate
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Nice PURPLE tie!

Post by Miranda has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Have to say that I'm disappointed that Huck didn't talk about his FAIR Tax plan during a debate on the economy. Really a missed opportunity there. Huck really seems to be going after the senior citizen vote with his social security stance. Couple of good lines tonight (the runaway blimp one being the best!), but I thought Huck could've done better in this debate. He needed to insert himself into the discussion even when not asked a question the way Fiorina did on multiple occasions. The time alloted to the candidates was fairer in this debate than in the previous two, but again it was about a half hour into the debate before he got asked a question and he needed to jump into the mix sooner than that. Guess he's too nice for this stuff.

Jeb was the loser in this debate. Going after Rubio and then getting smacked down by Marco may have finished off Jeb's campaign. Kasich is a buffoon (sorry, but man was he desperate tonight). Trump was, well, Trump. Carson never seems to do well in these debates, but he connects with people in spite of that. Cruz and Rubio had strong nights. Fiorina had some good answers, but too often had run on answers that became tedious.Think her flame will continue to dim. Christie and Paul did pretty well, IMO.

I think Jeb and Fiorina will continue to see their numbers fall, which gives Huck an opportunity to jump up a few spots in the polls. Kasich, Christie and Paul won't get any traction from this, so Huck can stay ahead of them. That leaves Huck probably with a chance to slip into the #5 spot, but with alot of ground to make up to catch Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz. Could be alot worse than that though.

But wait, the all knowing Bill O'Reilly says it may be over for Huck, so I guess this is all for nothing now. :roll:

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:28 am 

Apparently Huck was 3rd on twitter for responses on twitter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 am 

Randy Davis (Team Huck Iowa) compiled these responses:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee hits the bullseye again and again with the time allotted to him in these ridiculous affairs they call "debates."

Here is some of what is trending about Governor Huckabee this morning:

~ “Huckabee stomps the moderators over the Trump gotcha. Great. And even gets in a slap against the Clinton mafia. ,” Ben Shapiro, editor ofBreitbart.com.

~ "Huckabee's call on curing those four diseases that drive health care costs was a taste of the Huckabee that broke through in 2008, " - Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd.

~ "That's the Huckabee we know and love. Nails the question about Trump's morality ," - Steve Deace.

~ "Huckabee's pitch on stagnant wages is a reminder to blue-collar Iowa Rs: I'm still here, I'm speaking to you. " - Robert Costa, Washington Post.

~ "Huckabee remains the big defender of Social Security. FDR would appreciate that. (And a lot of seniors vote in GOP primaries.)" - EJ Dionne, Washington Post.

~ "Huckabee is right on Social Security," - Dana Loesch.

~ "Huck is absolutely right about the blimp." - Rich Lowry, National Review.

~ "Huckabee wins the debate for making the runaway blimp a metaphor for government," - Molly Ball, The Atlantic.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:
Randy Davis (Team Huck Iowa) compiled these responses:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee hits the bullseye again and again with the time allotted to him in these ridiculous affairs they call "debates."

Here is some of what is trending about Governor Huckabee this morning:

~ “Huckabee stomps the moderators over the Trump gotcha. Great. And even gets in a slap against the Clinton mafia. ,” Ben Shapiro, editor ofBreitbart.com.

~ "Huckabee's call on curing those four diseases that drive health care costs was a taste of the Huckabee that broke through in 2008, " - Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd.

~ "That's the Huckabee we know and love. Nails the question about Trump's morality ," - Steve Deace.

~ "Huckabee's pitch on stagnant wages is a reminder to blue-collar Iowa Rs: I'm still here, I'm speaking to you. " - Robert Costa, Washington Post.

~ "Huckabee remains the big defender of Social Security. FDR would appreciate that. (And a lot of seniors vote in GOP primaries.)" - EJ Dionne, Washington Post.

~ "Huckabee is right on Social Security," - Dana Loesch.

~ "Huck is absolutely right about the blimp." - Rich Lowry, National Review.

~ "Huckabee wins the debate for making the runaway blimp a metaphor for government," - Molly Ball, The Atlantic.

Love it, Randy. Did you compile these yourself? I do believe the runaway blimp is a picturesque metaphor that people will use often in future articles, questions, interviews, etc. And Gov. Huckabee will probably also.

BTW, I also was disappointed the occasion did not come for Huckabee to bring up the Fair Tax. However, this morning on CNBC's Morning Joe, he explained it somewhat. The five minute spot gave him time to lay out the idea a little. But, explaining the Fair Tax in a 30-second slot in a debate is difficult. Cruz gets cheers for talking about his 15% flat tax and just filing the income tax return on a postcard, supposedly getting rid of the IRS.

I liked the following interview this morning on Morning Joe at MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/ ... 4661955658

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
One thing that I think Huck is strategically doing in these debates is avoiding confrontations with those ahead of him in the polls, seeing how it has backfired on some other candidates like Paul and Perry, and I think will happen to Kasich now as well. The more campaigns that run into the ditch due to bad tactics, the better for Huck. And being someone who didn't attack the other candidates may come in handy when those supporters look for a new person to back.

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Below, I transcribed on Facebook the reply of Gov. Huckabee from the interview on MSNBC's Morning Joe program this morning. What does Governor Huckabee think of the Republican debates thus far?--not the best way to select a President!
Quote:
[My Facebook comment:] What did you think of last night's debate?

Many candidates and Americans in general share a frustration with the current crop of Republican debates, including the one with CNBC last night from Boulder, Colorado.

When asked by Joe Scarborough how the networks might make the whole process better, Gov. Huckabee answered:

"I think there's got to be an attempt to have substantive questions that focus not just on what you think about an issue, because that can be a carefully rehearsed line. What we're missing in these debates is about getting to the heart and soul of the candidate--What makes them tick? What is their judgment capacity?

"You're electing a President because in the moment of crisis, when the unexpected happens, that person has the maturity, the seasoned judgment to make a tough decision and to be able to live with the consequences of it. And I think sometimes we have turned this into a game show. Jump in; get your answer in. Joe, for God's sake, this is an important business! And those of us who are running, we're doing this with a very serious intent, and I just feel like sometimes the whole process has gotten out of control, rather than a thoughtful process of selecting someone with the temperament and judgment to be President."

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/...4661955658

See link in previous comment. Somehow it is not allowing it here.