Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 am 

Liked: 340
I basically agree with this article, that the closer we get to the Caucus date, the less likely a victory becomes if the campaign does not soon show signs of life, yet it is also true that still anything is possible.

Especially, the 5000 people that the Hucakbee campaign polled is far more than any of these other so-called polls!

Quote:
The holiday season and a slew of major news and cultural events will be competing for voters’ attention as candidates prepare for the first round of voting in the 2016 primary season.

With less than two months until the Iowa caucuses, the campaigns are aware the clock is ticking.

Gov. Mike Huckabee’s campaign, for example, polled 5,000 Iowa Republicans last week on their candidate preference. But the results were anything but clear: Roughly 75 percent of respondents said they had not decided which candidate to support. Of those, another 58 percent couldn’t even name a likely favorite.

“We’re a ways off from figuring this out,” said Huckabee spokesman Hogan Gidley.

Read the full thing:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/12/18/campaign_clock_is_ticking_129076.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:38 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I think there could be an opportunity for Huck to surge, but he's going to have to get aggressive--much more aggressive than he has been. The conservative vote is consolidating around Cruz for the same reason it did around Santorum in 2012. Time is getting short and conservatives feel like they need to rally around one candidate so they can have a voice.

Right now Cruz seems to be the best positioned so they're lining up behind him. But his support isn't as much Pro-Cruz as Anti-EveryoneElse, and that voting block is still very fluid.

I agree that the clock is ticking though, and if Huck wants to be a player he has to have a major surge as soon as the holiday season is over.

But all of us may have to make a decision at some point if we're going to support Cruz or line up behind Rubio. I really don't want to have to make that decision, but if nothing changes that's where this race is heading.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I really wish his campaign would transition into reform. Right now, everyone is just playing into the media cycle and narrative. I think Huckabee could set the agenda by railing against the process, of how we select our nominee, the debates, the polls, how our new budget was just passed, ...Just pointing out the ridiculous things in politics and how it could be better. And in doing so he could point out that he is the only one with a truly reformative tax plan...while everyone else is still sticking to the same old withholding scheme.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
One thing Huck could have done in the last debate was to have taken on Lindsey Graham and his insane Middle East policies, which would have bought Huck major applause from many in the talk radio crowd. Just something like that could propel Huck up into the 5% territory and past a bunch of other candidates in the process. Being Mr. Nice has it's limitations, unfortunately.

Just saw Cruz on with Greta. Man can that guy evade difficult questions! And Rubio doesn't even show up to vote on this awful spending bill just passed by congress. Trump will run away with this thing if it comes down between himself, Rubio and Cruz.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:10 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
There were so many things I saw in 2008 that I thought Huck could do to get some separation, but he never did them. I'm seeing the same thing in this campaign cycle. I don't know if he just doesn't see these openings or if he isn't able to capitalize on them even if he did see them.

This is still a wide open race, and there's room for a late surge in Iowa just as we saw with Santorum in 2012.

Cruz has always seemed really slick to me, and I can't believe there's a true groundswell of enthusiasm for him. I think it's more like conservatives in Iowa are accepting that he may be their only choice if they don't wan to go with either Rubio or Trump.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:42 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
These polls show that the people of Iowa are not convinced by the pollsters and the media.

There is a reason the mainstream media, like CNN, tries to keep Huckabee's eloquent answers from the public--to keep him off the main stage by choosing whatever polls will together average their criteria. He is a threat to big money and big government, which they rely upon for perks.

I see this less as any failure on Gov. Huckabee's part than as a deliberate attempt by the left (who do have the power of the press in their pockets, mostly) to silence him. And the Republican Party leaders have decided to let the liberal news media run their debates with little regulation. But what I really find difficult to explain is the commentators on the "right" opposing him. That is harder. Yet, most inexplicable is the recent endorsement of the Family Leader for Cruz, an inexperienced senator with almost no record, certainly none in an executive role, meanwhile turning their back on their old friend Mike Huckabee, whose forewords to their books and/or campaign speeches helped them arise to prominence. I won't try to explain it except to say, follow the money trail. In this sense, Huckabee hurts himself. He will not accept money from those billionaires who wanted him not to speak on social issues. He will not compromise, to his own temporary disadvantage. He will have to rely upon donations from the people. Yet, I still believe he has chosen the wisest part, under the circumstances. He wants the "well done, good and faithful servant" from God, more than from man. And I pray that God will reward principle over politics in this.

A lot does not make sense, except in a larger realm of this being a spiritual battle between right and wrong, liberty and tyranny. There are positive signs, too. Recently, constitutional advocate, writer, and talk show host Mark Levin gave Huckabee highest praise for his support of the Tenth Amendment options and for the Fair Tax. This support, while not an endorsement as such, is a switch for Levin. And talk show host Laura Ingraham said recently. "Mike Huckabee is the most eloquent speaker for the American worker. We adore you." Perhaps the tides are turning.

Remember, Gov. Huckabee alone supports and understands the Fair Tax. We need to let our friends and neighbors know this about Huckabee. Cruz and Carson want a "fairer, flatter tax." But this will not get rid of the IRS, which is what we will need to do to get Social Security funded by all the people, not just a shrinking percentage of employed payees. Getting rid of the IRS through the Fair Tax and the Tenth Amendment is the only way to bring back to America's shores our thousands of lost industries and jobs. It would immediately bring back trillions of lost revenue dollars, helping to pay off our national debt. It would balance our trade; it would let us keep our wages and incomes. America would prosper as a world leader again. Governor Huckabee is the only one with a real solution for getting rid of the corrupt IRS. He is definitely the leader. Interestingly, we can hear in almost any debate now the very words he has spoken, coming from the mouths of the other candidates. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! As someone said, "Huckabee is the coach." He is the statesman.

All of this is to say: Governor Huckabee has no choice but to do what he loves best--the ground game. In Iowa he has over 160 additional personal visits scheduled in the next six weeks to Iowa "meet and greets," Republican gatherings, interviews, speeches--anywhere he can shake hands, listen to the people, smile and show his concern for their needs. This is something he can do far better than the other candidates. Their campaigns are anger-based, trying to capitalize on discontent with everyone else and particularly the federal government. But the senators speaking are still part of the problem, or at least are very ineffective in changing Washington. Huckabee is the true "outsider" who still has "experience" and a tremendous record of "changing" his state (Arkansas) from corrupt to lawful, insolvent to solvent, Democrat to Republican. None of the other candidates can make such claims.

And I think that combination of getting out the truth of his record, and getting out to meet the Iowans will ultimately prevail. Even over slick psychological campaign strategy and taking money that would tie his hands and violate his conscience. "Why would I take this money that would violate every principle that I have held?"

The success of this ground game for Huckabee will rely upon whether his supporters will quit wringing their hands, and will start ringing phones for Huckabee, sending donations, putting bumper stickers on our cars, little things, this could change overnight, like they did in 2008, when he won Iowa by the largest margin of any caucus. Let's do it! We are still Huck's Army. And we go forward on our knees (in prayer) as Huckabee believes we must do. That is the background strategy.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, Miranda, Peter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:15 pm 

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:
The success of this ground game for Huckabee will rely upon whether his supporters will quit wringing their hands, and will start ringing phones for Huckabee, sending donations, putting bumper stickers on our cars, little things, this could change overnight, like they did in 2008, when he won Iowa by the largest margin of any caucus. Let's do it! We are still Huck's Army. And we go forward on our knees (in prayer) as Huckabee believes we must do. That is the background strategy.

Some great thoughts, Grace, and I agree with you, we haven't fully realized yet how much even one single commited Huckabee supporter can achieve to make the tide turn!