Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 pm 

Liked: 340
Take the gloves off, baby.

If Cruz says, protecting traditional marriage (or fighting gay marriage) is not a "top-three priority" for him should he become president, it means 1. Nothing will change in that respect really should he become president 2. He doesn't really understand the importance of moral issues for the long-term stability and survival of American society.

This is exactly the reason why Gov. Huckabee wasn't funded by big money. Because he refused to "moderate" when asked to.

And yes, Ted Cruz is corporately funded.

Quote:
Huckabee slams Cruz for telling donor fighting gay marriage isn't 'top-three priority'

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/mike-huckabee-ted-cruz-gay-marriage-217106

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
In all fairness to Cruz, he was not saying that he does not favor traditional marriage. He was saying that decisions about same-sex marriage should be made by each individual state and not by the federal government. He sees marriage as one of the many issues covered under the 10th Amendment. Cruz's answer was an attempt to put the issue into that framework.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
What I hear Cruz saying is that as President, he will take the hand's off approach. Just let it be. It's not that big a deal for him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 pm 

mikethom1 wrote:
In all fairness to Cruz, he was not saying that he does not favor traditional marriage. He was saying that decisions about same-sex marriage should be made by each individual state and not by the federal government. He sees marriage as one of the many issues covered under the 10th Amendment. Cruz's answer was an attempt to put the issue into that framework.

Did anyone doubt that Cruz "favors traditional marriage"?

What you are saying is exactly what Huck is criticizing about Cruz now. He talks differently in Iowa than he does in NYC. Cruz had a big focus to win over the "traditional marriage and religious liberty vote" during the summer. You know, the guys who are actually interested in protecting traditional marriage in America. The donor class is smart. Cruz' remarks make it clear to them that he won't actually do much once elected, that his "religious liberty rallies" were more like, probably just smooth talk from another Harvard graduate.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, justgrace, Miranda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:46 am 

Perspective and Reminder (Also for all now-Ted-Cruz-former-Huckabee-fans still reading this forum)

Why Huckabee is right and has a right to be appalled by Ted Cruz's comments:

Huckabee: Three Billionaires Refused Support Because of Abortion, Marriage Stances
http://thepulse2016.com/thomas-valentine/2015/11/09/huckabee-three-billionaires-refused-support-because-of-abortion-marriage-stances/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:58 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Carson's support is going to continue to decline, and I've been saying that Cruz's support is very fluid. There's going to be an opportunity for a Huck surge, but he's going to have recognize that opportunity and take advantage of it. He's got to get more aggressive in putting himself forward. If he wants this nomination then he's going to have to go after it. He can't rely on being nice and having people fall into his lap.

I know those are some tough words, but I try to call it like I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:47 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
I supported Huck in the 2008 election. I regarded him as an upright man, unlike many of his political opponents.

My opinion of him has now changed. For him to approve of the blatant misrepresentation of Cruz's position on gay marriage that has gone out in his name, is something for which he should be ashamed. Huckabee has now sunk to the level of intentionally cutting off his opponent's statements if providing only part of the context will serve his political purposes better.

I would encourage Huck's loyal supporters to listen to Cruz's full statement in answer to the question on gay marriage, and then see if you do not agree that Huckabee was bending the truth in his ad.

In my book, this is something for which Huckabee and all who support him should be ashamed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:51 am 

mikethom1 wrote:
I supported Huck in the 2008 election. I regarded him as an upright man, unlike many of his political opponents.

My opinion of him has now changed. For him to approve of the blatant misrepresentation of Cruz's position on gay marriage that has gone out in his name, is something for which he should be ashamed. Huckabee has now sunk to the level of intentionally cutting off his opponent's statements if providing only part of the context will serve his political purposes better.

I would encourage Huck's loyal supporters to listen to Cruz's full statement in answer to the question on gay marriage, and then see if you do not agree that Huckabee was bending the truth in his ad.

In my book, this is something for which Huckabee and all who support him should be ashamed.

Mike,

you have every right in the world to support someone else than Mike Huckabee.

I don't think that you have addressed the substance of Mike Huckabee's criticism against Ted Cruz in this instance. What was called into question was not whether Ted Cruz supports gay marriage, but the priority that he puts to fighting for traditional marriage, especially in view of the fact that he gathered into his corner many of the big names in Social Conservatism.

So, no, nobody is misrepresenting Cruz' position. And yes, we did look at the full statement.

Since this is pro-Huckabee site, please refrain from posting pro-Cruz stuff in the future. Thank you for your support of Gov. Huckabee in the past.

Sincerely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:05 am 

More coverage of this developing story:

Huckabee stands by ad critical of Cruz
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264273-huckabee-stands-by-ad-critical-of-cruz

Huckabee says Trump plays to “seething rage” in GOP, has own hope for Iowa
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/27/mike-huckabee-gop-presidential-candidate-hits-wash/
The article mentions the Cruz-controversy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 am 

This relevant question was posted on facebook a few days ago by a Huckabee supporter:

Quote:
Serious question:

Here’s what I want to know….we used to hear constantly about the “laws of nature and the laws of nature’s God”, and how conservatives needed to stand STRONG against gay marriage and judicial tyranny.

Whenever someone like Rand Paul would say we should “leave it to the states” to decide a whole army of conservatives like Steve Deace---Bob Vander Plaats---Tony Perkins----Shane Vander Hart---James Dobson---- and throngs of others would rant and rave about how wrong that was etc---etc---etc---etc---etc.

At what point in time did all these so called “Christian conservatives” change their minds and conclude that the Ted Cruz talking points were just fine and dandy? When?

Post by Peter Liked by: Miranda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
mikethom1 wrote:

Hi Mike,

I really want to like Cruz because if things keep going in their current trajectory then our choices are going to come down to Trump, Rubio, and Cruz. Rubio is going to be another GW Bush, I don't know where the heck Trump is on any given issue (and I suspect Trump doesn't know either), so that really only leaves Cruz.

My problem with Cruz is that I'm not convinced he really believes in these issues in his heart. I've felt like that before the Presidential campaign started. I don't think I"m alone in my concerns, and there could be a reshuffling in Iowa after the new year.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: Peter