Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:42 am 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
Everybody’s Wrong: Cruz & Huckabee Are on Opposite Sides of the Ball

DECEMBER 26, 2015 BY DAVID SHEDLOCK

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee’s camp says that U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has two different messages on social issues, one for Blue states, another for red states. That is true, but not for the reason Huckabee says. It is because he and Cruz look at abortion and “gay marriage” from two different points of view. The Cruz position is the same as Ron Paul’s was in 2012. It is essentially libertarian. The reason Cruz can appear to be on both sides is because he can tailor his message to the audience. He can tell blue states audiences that they can keep their liberal laws, and red states that they can keep their conservative ones. He is not flip-flopping. He is being consistent, as Shane Vander Hart has shown

The “state’s rights position” is totally unworkable on marriage, for previous laws have always required that states accept every other state’s standards. The Cruz position is actually a step backwards for the pro-life movement, as well. Morally, abortion is a national sin. Cruz can say he has done all he can to stop abortion. But Ron Paul’s pro-abortion supporters knew that his position would not stop abortions at all. He could brag all he wanted about proposing laws that would outlaw abortion nationally, but he knew they would never see the light of day,

Huckabee should hammer this home during the remainder of the presidential primary season. 2015 is the time to make this clear, not 2016. Cruz position is pro-choice, Huckabee is the pro-life alternative.

https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2015/12/everybodys-wrong-cruz-huckabee-opposite-sides-ball/

Post by Miranda has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:29 pm 

Liked: 340
Another very good article:

Ted Cruz: The False Prophet of Social Conservatism
http://theiowarepublican.com/2015/ted-cruz-the-false-prophet-of-social-conservatism/

Quote:
Had Cruz been running for president in 2012 and not 2016, instead of getting the endorsement of Bob Vander Plaats and three other members of the FAMiLY Leader, Cruz’s position on marriage wouldn’t have even gotten him past the first cut. In 2011, The FAMiLY Leader said that Congressman Ron Paul’s states’ rights position created a “stumbling block” for the organization.

In narrowing the field of candidates the organization would consider endorsing in 2011, the FAMiLY Leader stated, “The stumbling block for the board regarding Representative Paul dealt primarily with ‘States’ Rights’ as it pertains to the sanctity of human life and God’s design for marriage.”

Post by Peter has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, justgrace, Miranda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:36 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Conservative groups aren't lining up behind Cruz because they think he's the best candidate, but because they think he's the only candidate.

I think a big factor in these endorsements is 2012 when Evangelicals split between Gingrich and Santorum, which helped Romney. They probably decided that they were going to avoid that this time around.

The problem though is that these decisions are coming really early. I'm not convinced that Cruz can close things out in Iowa, and there's still time for another candidate to surge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:17 am 
Captain

Good article in response to some articles posted at Caffeinated Thoughts, even mentions the Fair Tax.

Quote:
UPDATED: An open letter to Shane Vander Hart concerning David Shedlock and Ted Cruz
L.A. Turk on December 28, 2015
[UPDATE: Apparently, while I was writing this article, David Shedlock had already caved to the heat his article had generated, and was writing an apology! In typical Republican fashion he put his head down, put his tail between his legs, and admitted to being wrong even though he wasn’t. Now he owes Mike Huckabee, the American people, and God an apology. Cruz’s “record” of pro-life legislation was never in question. But his “position” on state’s rights undermines that legislation, and so is in practice a “pro-abortion” position. That is the truth. There will be no retreat from what I have written in this article.]

Dear Editor Hart,

I read your article, Is Ted Cruz Being Inconsistent on Marriage? I Don’t Think So. I also read David Shedlock’s article, Everybody’s Wrong: Cruz & Huckabee Are on Opposite Sides of the Ball.” Then I read your article in response, Clarifying Ted Cruz’s Pro-Life Record. Too much is at stake not to respond.

Read the rest here:
http://www.freedomtruth.us/2015/12/28/an-open-letter-to-shane-vander-hart-concerning-david-shedlock-and-ted-cruz/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
WalterCan wrote:
Conservative groups aren't lining up behind Cruz because they think he's the best candidate, but because they think he's the only candidate.

I think a big factor in these endorsements is 2012 when Evangelicals split between Gingrich and Santorum, which helped Romney. They probably decided that they were going to avoid that this time around.

The problem though is that these decisions are coming really early. I'm not convinced that Cruz can close things out in Iowa, and there's still time for another candidate to surge.

Walter, you touch on an important point.

Many of us did not see Cruz' appeal to evangelical leaders as having any strength because, I think, Gov. Huckabee would seem to be the obvious pick of people like Bob Vander Plaats. We were blindsided by the push of certain evangelical leaders to "coalesce" this time--an early argument promoted by Ted Cruz and his father Rafael Cruz, who calls himself a pastor, though he has no church, no congregants, and perhaps no seminary training. This, for starters, is deception that has not been examined by evangelical leaders with any carefulness.

In order to hopefully "unite and conquer" Rafael senior and his son Rafael Theodore "Ted," began implementing their plan going back many years, for him to use the US Senate as a springboard to become President. Rafael often said that his son had been "anointed" of God to become President.

Gov. Huckabee had kindly written the foreword to Vander Plaats book, "If...7:14" and had helped him campaign to become governor of Iowa. Strangely, that has all been placed aside, forgotten. With typical zeal some Cruz fans are now calling the senator "7:14;" that is, they feel he is the embodiment of revival and the answer to the book's authors for a man who can usher in a new day in conservative politics. The "worship" of Cruz by his fanatics ("fans" for short) reminds us of those who first got thrills and chills listening to Obama speak. All reason, even principle, is set aside by a fanatic determination to win with the methods of the world, including not only getting the donor class to back you, but also to mine all our Facebook pages through the use of a partnership with the same psychological campaigning group that Obama used to defeat Romney. Not only is Cruz using that firm, he also is being been endowed by the Cruz campaign with $15 million dollars in donations.

What I find so dangerous to the future of the evangelical movement is that the Family Leader organization and other Christian leaders have so quickly placed their approval and endorsement on one that who is devoid of governing experience, one who has not been fully vetted to see if he is indeed a conservative in all areas. Like Obama, a stunning speech has the ability to sway these leaders. Pastor Rick Warren in 2008 was impressed by Obama, a slick lawyer with oratory skills; others including myself were impressed by Cruz's famous Obamacare filibuster speech. Or at least the length of it, the seeming courage and strength of determination to kill Obamacare. What happened to that? Zero. That ineffectiveness to do more than speak concerns me greatly.

The Bible tells us to be like the Bereans, who were more noble than some of the other congregations, and examined carefully every statement of Paul to see if what he preached was true.

We are seeing, potentially, a repeat of the problem we have in the White House now. This man from the conservative side is like Obama was, lacking experience in true governing, and leaving his post to campaign at taxpayers expense. He can be bought. Cruz is especially weak, it seems, in gaining any sort of broad ability to work across the aisle and to draw leaders to support conservative goals, either fiscally or morally. It is a big zero with this Congress, in pushing back the Obama agenda, even within the Republican Party. There is no coalescing of conservative goals that Cruz has brought, only more division and anger and lack of resolve to defeat Obama and his goals. The deficit has continued to soar at an even faster rate. It is one thing for Republican conservatives to speak; it is another to work together and get something done. The recent disgusting compromise and deal-making with Obama by Republicans agreeing under Paul Ryan, in the middle of the night, to pass the President's Omnibus spending bill of over a trillion dollars shows how very weak Cruz is in actually getting good bills passed. He has been absent, campaigning, when important votes have come up. He knows nothing of bringing people together, particularly of bringing both sides of the aisle to a more conservative point of view, something which Gov. Huckabee mastered in Arkansas to the extent that it is now a red state, while it was one of the bluest before his tenure.

The Family Leader board in Iowa was influenced to believe that Cruz was the man sent from God, not Huckabee, and that because one important pillar of their decision would be financial backing, and because billionaires and banking and legal organizations were funding Cruz, this qualified him over Huckabee. But Mike Huckabee had been meeting with billionaires who saw his abilities and would have funded him fully if he would give up his stubbornness in not compromising "little issues" like defense of life (and opposition to abortion) and traditional marriage. As a man of principle Mike Huckabee knew he could never live with himself or be who he claims to be if he took this funding under those conditions.

We have a few questions for Christian leaders supporting Cruz, "blindly," it seems. Why would you force unanimity at the Family Leader and say it was just individuals endorsing, not the group? Did Cruz agree to lay aside his social conservative views and particularly his strategies going forward, in order to get the money of Wall Street, banking, legal firms, and a psychological campaign firm based in England that helps third world leaders oust their presidents? Why does Cruz follow Huckabee around to steal his ideas without attributing anything to his elder statesman? Why would he crash the event for Kim Davis, planned for days by Huckabee's team, hoping to get on stage as a supporter of religious liberty when he had not lifted a finger for the event?

Ted Cruz is the ultimate opportunist. These are harsh words, but true. They have little to do with my feelings of sympathy for Huckabee, or anger against Cruz personally, but it has more to do with my great disappointment and sorrow for some in the evangelical field. I am concerned that this will further divide us, this campaign to "coalesce" that has been placed upon them.

God alone knows whether this analysis of Cruz is accurate. But the more one watches, for instance, the more serious questions are being raised about just what he would agree to do for his own election. What ground has he already given away for endorsements and funding? What plan could he find, other than compromise with the Democrats, to lead in Washington D. C.? When I watched the video of uptakes from the youtube campaign video, that was made to make his family absolutely glow with love and goodness, I was appalled. He had his s mother crying because she did not want to share painful details of her marriage with Cruz, Sr. His nephew had no good word to say about Uncle Cruz for the camera. His father was getting angry. His cousin had to give another hug that looked more real. His daughters had to try at least seventeen times to correctly follow his ending statement: "My name is Ted Cruz" with their reply, "And we approve of this message." We have to at least pause and wonder.

Post by justgrace Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
What this man, Senator Ted Cruz, is doing is dividing the evangelical community even more, and possibly keeping even greater numbers staying home from caucus or voting days.

It is now apparent that even before Ted Cruz decided to run as senator from Texas--even while a dual citizen of Canada and the USA--he and especially his father Rafael Cruz (whom the campaign consistently calls "Pastor," even though he has no congregation, seminary training, or church address) had big plans in store for this man they believed, perhaps by virtue of his debating skills, was "anointed" to be President of the United States of America--Oh, and he memorized the Constitution as a boy, a brilliant feat minimized by the fact that every young Muslim boy memorizes the Koran. In order to become a Presidential candidate, he would have to imitate Barack Obama, who as a junior senator would make an inspiring speech and use oratory over experience to win. (I am not saying all of this was always conscious decision or planning.) Yet, it is stunning to me how many of the evangelical leaders could so quickly abandon a man of experience, honor, faith, and proven ability, a statesman of amazing accomplishment and appeal as a successful governor of Arkansas, to favor a novice senator whose main ability was to speak, litigate, and boast.

Part of several amazing similarities between Cruz and Obama are that Ted, like Obama, has found it more appealing to campaign by a different name from his birth name. Instead of Rafael Theodore Cruz, he drops the first name and uses the more American name "Ted." Both men use a scant political experience as a springboard and pulpit to launch a campaign of rhetoric. Both men used the Senate to become a stepping stone to fame. Both find it offensive that they should explain why someone with their foreign birth and parentage should have to answer how they ignore the strict qualifications of the Constitution to be a "natural born citizen" in order to run as President of the United States of America. Both, as "Constitutional scholars," have convenient, though controversial, explanations that make them the exceptions to the rule of law. Both use the term "birthers" to describe any who questioned their birth, hoping to shame people into silence by making them appear stupid.

According to inside sources, it was back in 2014 that Cruz, along with his father, set up a "plan" to use the elder Rafael to campaign in churches and in meetings with evangelical leaders to impress upon them how Rafael Theodore "Ted" Cruz was anointed of God to bring evangelicals together to win the presidency. Like Obama, he used eloquent speech that was targeted to the audience of evangelical conservative leaders to gain their confidence and attention. Obama's memorable introduction to the heady political arena was his speech at the 2008 to the Democrat Convention. Cruz's was his filibuster in the US Senate against Obamacare. Both speeches put relatively unknown, inexperienced men on the national political stage. Were these calculated moves? It appears so. [I am looking for the article to give as a reference here about how even before Cruz ran for Senate, the plan was in place to have his renounce his Canadian citizenship and become an American citizen on a path to become President of the United States.]

I hope I am wrong about all this, but something is happening to destroy America that is coming from a powerful Enemy indeed. Everything seems to be falling apart for our nation. Evangelist Franklin Graham is touring the states, trying to reach the capitals and those of influence in each state. He is disgusted with the Republican Party compromising on the Omnibus Bill. This is more than just coincidence. This is a demonic attack by Satan, trying to bring down America with her freedom of worship and the Christian's stand for life.

Yet, who could have predicted the way the evangelical leadership would be "coalesced" and "coerced" in order to forget the man with a record of great accomplishment, everything America needs to draw itself together? Not surprising about Satan, but I am surprised about America's evangelical leaders.

Post by justgrace Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:30 pm 
Captain

Quote:
Yet, who could have predicted the way the evangelical leadership would be "coalesced" and "coerced" in order to forget the man with a record of great accomplishment, everything America needs to draw itself together? Not surprising about Satan, but I am surprised about America's evangelical leaders.

Grace,

I have been wondering the same about our (?)Christian leaders. How is it possible that they-once again (!)-do not see what seems so glaringly obvious to us. It seems they are lacking in discernment which, considering the times in which we live, is very dangerous indeed. Still praying that the Lord will grant us mercy, instead of what I know we deserve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another article about "Ted" Cruz.

WILL CRUZ FOLLOW CARSON’S PATH UP & THEN DOWN IN VOTER SUPPORT?
DOUG JOHNSON on 5 January, 2016 at 06:25

Here’s the Nonsense: Ted Cruz is a solid evangelical who has unwavering support from his evangelical base.

Here’s the Horse Sense: Ted Cruz is getting support from some evangelicals now, but if they become more aware of Ted and his father’s faith, they just might drop him as fast as they dropped Ben Carson.

The rest here:
http://barbwire.com/2016/01/05/will-cruz-follow-carsons-path-voter-support/