Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:50 pm 

Liked: 340
Great writeup of a Huckabee event in Ottumwa, IA.

Quote:
Is Huckabee Poised for a Comeback?
January 12, 2016 | By Dan Canny, Publisher

OTTUMWA--Former Arkansas Governor and Republican Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee spoke to a jam-packed room of voters at Ottumwa’s Country Kitchen restaurant Monday night.

“I have had a lot of political events here,” said Country Kitchen owner Larry Zimmerman, “but this blows them all away.”

The enthusiastic crowd may be evidence that the Huckabee campaign is gaining some momentum in the state he won in 2008. Although poll numbers still show Huckabee in the bottom half of the Republican field, Huckabee is confident that in-person campaign events such as this one, are the right path to an Iowa victory.

“If candidates discover they can simply spend their way to victory, that will be the end of the Iowa Caucus,” said Huckabee.

Full article: http://www.ottumwaeveningpost.com/9470/166198/a/is-huckabee-poised-for-a-comeback

Post by Peter has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Miranda, WalterCan
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:22 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I get the feeling that Cruz is more vulnerable than he appears. Whether or not it's enough for Huckabee to take advantage of, I'm not sure.

As I've said before, I really don't want our choices to come down to Trump, Rubio, or Cruz.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how Iowa turns out. I could be wrong, but I'm skeptical that Trump's poll numbers in Iowa are going to stand up when people have to actually get out and caucus. And I think Cruz's support is very fluid and just waiting for an opportunity to go somewhere else.

I wish we had people active here who were on the ground in Iowa that could give us more of a heads up as to what is happening there that we can't see in the media.

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Miranda, Peter
 Profile Send private message