Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:34 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
Slightly off-topic, but I think many here would find the following table interesting:
Attachment:
PriceAtThePump.jpg

http://www.fastcompany.com/investing/20 ... world.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:05 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
With McCain or the democrats we can look forward to prices similar to Norway or the U.K. All the global warming carbon offset taxes, Kyoto treaty taxes, Socialized health care taxes, taxes on profit, and taxes on tax.

I think lower energy costs puts more cash in the average American's pocket. Oil doesn't need Hillary, Obama or McCain redistributing profits for them, they need lower taxes and more drilling in ANWR and in the Gulf, and on land.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:38 pm 
Lieutenant

The American people have pension funds, 401k and retirement plans with big oil company stocks. Everybody, even you, may own shares of Exxon, Chevron and many other corporations. They are publicly owned companies.
Obama’s tells you he is going to sit down and have tea with Chavez and Iran, everything will be OK, then they can help Obama nationlize our health care, oil and turn our countries free enterprise system upside down.
You look at Citgo oil company. It is a state run company, no public stock, all the money goes to Chavez. Even if you want, You can’t be part of the action. With Our companies you can get in and share in the profits if you want.
Which system is better, state run? only government can be a part of the profits, or our system, where everybody who wants, can share in the profits?
Freedom is important, Huckabee is the best choice for economic policies. McCain is real big government and for more government regulations, he was just up here in Detroit pushing for tougher CAFE standards ect…
But to go to the extreme with Obama or Hillary is letting government run business instead of letting business run business. If you don’t like freedom and you’d rather see everything state run. With government in control of everything. You can count on having individual freedom reduced like in Iran or with Chavez. Soon posting on blogs like this with opionions differing from government officials will be a crime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 pm 
Lieutenant

Taxes are a big factor in the price of gasoline. First you got the tax on the Oil companies profits, this is Exxon:

2003 21.5B 11.00B 33.85%

2004 25.3B 15.01B 37.2%

2005 36.13B 23.30B 42.5%

2006 39.5B 27.90B 41.4%

2007 40.6B 29.86B 42.4%

Notice the % of tax on profit is increasing, this is just the tax on profit.

The price of gasoline has about .48 cents a gallon federal tax, built into the price. A state tax is also assesed, our state tax is .06 cents on a dollar so a $3.00 a gallon price has .18 cents going to the state per gallon on top of the federal. There could be up to .66 cents added to the wholesale price. An idea for stimulating the economy by lowering taxes is a great idea. The States need that tax money for road repair and who knows what else. The best way to lower the price might be cutting the tax for the oil company. In 2007 Exxon paid 29.86 Billion in taxes. If Mike's flat tax of 23% was introduced it would cut Exxon's 42.4% tax in half, thus the pump price could come down. But Exxon has got to be the pride of the U.S Treasury. Federal Spending would have to be cut at the same rate. Or their will be a deficit?

I do think the economy could be fired up by cutting the taxes on the big oil corporations, knocking down the drilling lease royalties they pay could also knock down the price. it would definately would put some money in the pockets of the everyday folk who could go out and inject the money they saved into other sectors of the market. If people spend and grow the economy and businesses grow, the amount the Treasury takes in will increase so it will create growth. If things go as planned and you get the growth, you may not have to make the cuts in spending after all because the taxes collected in a growing economy will be greater.

I think to do it right, the country needs an oil minister like they have in OPEC.
to open the reserves and control the price if world events try to influence the price too drastically. Inflation is caused by high oil prices. High oil prices bring high revenue to the Treasury. But weaken the consumer spending. That is where we are now.

I really believe the biggest problems the average working class person faces is high energy costs, and high bank/credit card interest. Nothing would be better to get the economy cruising than some .80 cent a gallon gasoline, and lower interest loans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:06 pm 

Liked: 152
EricT wrote:
BIG CLIP

I really believe the biggest problems the average working class person faces is high energy costs, and high bank/credit card interest. Nothing would be better to get the economy cruising than some .80 cent a gallon gasoline, and lower interest loans.

Add the Fair Tax to the list for helping the economy cruising.