Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
What time do the polls close in Washington and Wisconsin tonight?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: WI and WA primaries
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:02 pm 

Liked: 152
I did a Google search and found a link that says WI polls are open until 8PM. The link looks like they might have some decent coverage :?: expected later. It says
Quote:
Be sure to vote, and watch this space after the polls close for primary election results. Or text Wvote to 95495 to get election returns sent as text to your cell phone.

http://www.wisconsinvote.org/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:44 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
Has anyone heard if turnout is high or low today?

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:46 pm 
***** General

All, I know is that it is bitterly cold in Wisconsin. I live in Iowa and it hasn't reached above 0 yet. So hopefully the people who think about voting for McCain won't since "He's already go the nomination".

Mike Huckabee is more than a candidate that ran a campaign--He is a man that started a movement--- and wore a Purple Tie to prove it!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:50 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Between all the snow this weekend and the cold today, I expect turnout would be lower than they were expecting. But I still think it will be very high, but moreso in the Dem race than in the GOP. McCain's soft support is not going to be very motivated to get out in these temps to vote for a candidate that's already been crowned. I wouldn't. It's COLD!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:52 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Have they already started counting the WA ballots since they were mail in?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:54 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Frances wrote:
Have they already started counting the WA ballots since they were mail in?

Well, I know my wife and I have 2 votes added to whatever the tally is. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:57 pm 
Corporal

They should start posting results here in Washington by Thursday or Friday. Because of the holiday yesterday some of the counters are taking the whole week off so they are a bit short handed. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:59 pm 
Lieutenant

Just a reminder...will everyone make some "get out the vote" calls? We have 1816 left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 pm 

From everything I've read, they are expecting the turnout to be the best WI has had in the last 20 years. Whether or not that will happen no one knows. It is an open primary. I just read a Reagan Dem that was a Huckabee supporter voted for Hillary to try to defeat Obama :x http://blogs.jsonline.com/allpoliticswatch/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 12
From the MH.com blog:

Quote:
louis gander
02/19/2008 01:02 PM

Talk about DEDICATION! A friend told me a story this morning so I asked for his phone number to thank him and verify it (because I didn't know him) and he told me the same story....

His name is Tim House, a Madisonian and former small businessman now going to school in Iowa. He drove 286 miles ONE WAY to vote for Gov. Huckabee in Madison, WI. I stated to him that he must had other things to do in Madison but he said no, that he failed earlier to get his absentee ballot in. He left Monday at 4:30 pm - voted this morning - and will get back today around 2pm (estimate). The said that the roads are terrible! He drives a Honda Insight (a hybrid). I asked permission to pass along his story and give his name to you and anyone else that I think appropriate and he said, sure - go ahead - so there it is.

I told him that I was stunned and honored to speak to someone so dedicated and commitmented to Gov. Mike Huckabee and I THANKED him for his SPECIAL vote.

If the rest of the Huckabee supporters are as determined as Mr. Tim House, we WILL win Wisconsin for Mike!

His name again, Mr. Tim House
That's dedication. That's commitment.

Now how about the rest of us?
LET'S KEEP CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:08 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 pm 
bobrocky wrote:
Has anyone heard if turnout is high or low today?

Fox reported that in Wisconsin voter turnout is high but mainly in the Democratic Primary.

Also, Washington's polls close at 8:00 (PST). Keep in mind with Washington that there are 19 delegates decided today, 1 to the winner of each of the 9 congressional districts and 10 at-large delegates allocated proportional to all candidate meeting a 20% threshold. So Washington will probably be a split.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
Quote:
The said that the roads are terrible!

Yes, Iowa roads in many places are terrible- I would say Tim risked his life to vote. Great story and thanks for sharing it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
NWmichigan wrote:
From the MH.com blog:

Quote:
louis gander
02/19/2008 01:02 PM

Talk about DEDICATION! A friend told me a story this morning so I asked for his phone number to thank him and verify it (because I didn't know him) and he told me the same story....

His name is Tim House, a Madisonian and former small businessman now going to school in Iowa. He drove 286 miles ONE WAY to vote for Gov. Huckabee in Madison, WI. I stated to him that he must had other things to do in Madison but he said no, that he failed earlier to get his absentee ballot in. He left Monday at 4:30 pm - voted this morning - and will get back today around 2pm (estimate). The said that the roads are terrible! He drives a Honda Insight (a hybrid). I asked permission to pass along his story and give his name to you and anyone else that I think appropriate and he said, sure - go ahead - so there it is.

I told him that I was stunned and honored to speak to someone so dedicated and commitmented to Gov. Mike Huckabee and I THANKED him for his SPECIAL vote.

If the rest of the Huckabee supporters are as determined as Mr. Tim House, we WILL win Wisconsin for Mike!

His name again, Mr. Tim House
That's dedication. That's commitment.

Now how about the rest of us?
LET'S KEEP CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image Image to Mr. House!!! That's dedication! I prayed for his safe travel!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:29 pm 

Tim House sure puts those crossover voters to shame. He sounds like a man that votes principles for the candidate that stands on principles.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 pm 
Sergeant

Praise God for the Tim House's of this world - may there be many more today!

Thanks for sharing that story!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm 
***** General

Sorry, this is probably posted elsewhere buy I couldn't find it easily and got lazy... WI is I believe an open primary, meaning, correct me if I am wrong, that Dems can vote Republican and vice versa?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm 
Captain

I just got back from voting, and my vote was only number 38 for the day at 2:00 p.m.
I have 7 family members who also voted for Huckabee, so I think his chances of winning my precinct are pretty good. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 pm 
Private

mentalhead wrote:
I just got back from voting, and my vote was only number 38 for the day at 2:00 p.m.
I have 7 family members who also voted for Huckabee, so I think his chances of winning my precinct are pretty good. :mrgreen:

Very cool (pun intended) ... and given the ratios of turnout between dem and repub if Huck has all 7 of your families vote he might have all the republican votes in your precinct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next