Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:24 pm 

Liked: 57
The Texas phone list is now available. Governor Huckabee needs all of OUR help if he is going to win. The MORE WE call the MORE VOTES we will be getting Governor Huckabee, and it will also help him SURGE in the POLLS!!!!!! :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 0
Hey Texan! You have my profound respect for beating the drum over these phone calls. Keep on reminding us, because you're absolutely right. They make a tremendous difference.

Every time I see a Huckabee interview, I am amazed at how his words have the ability to inspire me to keep on. What a leader he is! This is what we need in the White House. Governor Huckabee said he might get beat, but he sure won't quit. What a great attitude to have in life. I stand with him. We might get beat (this election) but we sure won't QUIT!!!

McCain will have to get his 1191 before we stand down. If he doesn't get those delegates, then we go clear to the Convention. Come on TEXAS! Give us a win.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:02 pm 
Captain

Are there any for Ohio as well? Cuz Ohio is a 88-delegate Winner-Takes-All state, and we need both to stop McCain.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Private

Please forgive me if I sound critical or discouraging here, but I have some observations. I live in Wisconsin, and during the five days before Tuesday's primary election, I recieved 3 taped messages from the McCain campaign. I did not receive any from the Huckabee campaign. The voting age population of Wisconsin, according to 2006 Census Bureau records is approximately 4,256,000. That means our 50,287? calls reached about 1.18% of the potential voters in WI. The voting age population of Texas is about 17,021,240 so 50,287 calls to Texas would be about .295% of the potential voters. I realize that personal calls are much better. and the Mike Huckabee campaign compiles a list of supporters, but does any one know how this is done via an automated phone bank system, and what the cost is. Unfortunately .295% is kind of a drop in the bucket.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 pm 
Corporal

The number of people who actually vote in the Republican primaries IS "a drop in the bucket" compared to the number of residents who are of voting age. We don't have to reach every person of voting age. We just have to reach enough actual voters (esp. undecideds) to tip the scale toward Governor Huckabee. If we are able to reach even a small percentage of those voters, we have a good chance of turning out the numbers needed to make a difference in the primary.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 pm 
***** General

Does anybody know if there is way to be offline while making the phone calls and then go back onto MH com in order to post results?

I have dial up and only one phone line, while my wonderful (new!) A T and T cell service works only when I am standing outside in the cold. (Yup, believe it or not: "Reach out and Touch Someone")

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 pm 
Private

Tina4Huckabee wrote:
The number of people who actually vote in the Republican primaries IS "a drop in the bucket" compared to the number of residents who are of voting age. We don't have to reach every person of voting age. We just have to reach enough actual voters (esp. undecideds) to tip the scale toward Governor Huckabee. If we are able to reach even a small percentage of those voters, we have a good chance of turning out the numbers needed to make a difference in the primary.

I don't believe the call lists are isolated to people voting in the primaries, let alone the Republican primaries. I hope I'm wrong. If the call lists are not focused on primary voters, we still reach only .295% of Texas primary voters with 50,287 calls. I'm just suggesting, that there must be a much more efficient method to reach potential Huckabee voters with phone calls. There were 1,520,631 total votes cast in WI primary. That's a bit over 35% of voting age residents. If the calls ARE focused on only primary voters, we would reach .8% of primary voters in Texas with 50,287 calls. (assuming a 35% turn out rate)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:57 pm 
Captain

Liked: 11
Go Huckabee! wrote:
Are there any for Ohio as well? Cuz Ohio is a 88-delegate Winner-Takes-All state, and we need both to stop McCain.

Actually, while Ohio would help with momentum and would eventually help some at the convention, in order to get to a brokered convention, Ohio is irrelevant as I understand things. All of Ohio's 88 delegates are unpledged (http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/OH-R.phtml), meaning that none of them count toward the 1191 threshold of pledged delegates.

It is true that Ohio's delegates are assigned based on the primary results (3 for the winner of each district, 31 for the winner of the statewide voting, and 3 more that go due to their status as party officials), but they are not legally bound to vote for the candidate they were first assigned to.

Ohio helps with momentum for whoever wins, but Texas has 137 pledged delegates up for grabs.

Also, even a slight Huckabee win in Texas, followed by a slight win in Mississippi, gives Huckabee a great chance at getting to a brokered convention. See more of the math at this link.

Go Texas!

Go Huckabee!

D-Dawg

P.S. If you're in the Houston area, come to the rally at the Renaissance Hotel at Greenway Plaza on Hwy 59 at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Let's give a HUGE showing for Huckabee and help generate some positive media attention!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:28 am 

lazair34me wrote:
Tina4Huckabee wrote:

I don't believe the call lists are isolated to people voting in the primaries, let alone the Republican primaries. I hope I'm wrong. If the call lists are not focused on primary voters, we still reach only .295% of Texas primary voters with 50,287 calls. I'm just suggesting, that there must be a much more efficient method to reach potential Huckabee voters with phone calls. There were 1,520,631 total votes cast in WI primary. That's a bit over 35% of voting age residents. If the calls ARE focused on only primary voters, we would reach .8% of primary voters in Texas with 50,287 calls. (assuming a 35% turn out rate)

There are 3 call lists with more to be added when we finish these phone calls. The earlier we finish the list, and the more calls we make will make a CRITICAL IMPACT on who wins Texas. Here's a link to the grassroots section where someone is talking about how our phone calls were important in WI viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10489

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 am 

Jughead wrote:
Does anybody know if there is way to be offline while making the phone calls and then go back onto MH com in order to post results?

I have dial up and only one phone line, while my wonderful (new!) A T and T cell service works only when I am standing outside in the cold. (Yup, believe it or not: "Reach out and Touch Someone")

You should be able to just sign off when you have the phone numbers page up and sign back on to fill out the information. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:45 am 
***** General

has anybody gone offline that way and then gotten back on with access to the same #s?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:49 am 

Just don't close the browser that has the telephone numbers when signing back on and it will work! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 am 
Colonel

Is it okay when a person with foreign accent to make the calls???

And what will the person be saying on the phone???

Do you have to talk about what Huckabee supports???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:31 am 
***** General

okonomiyaki222 wrote:
Is it okay when a person with foreign accent to make the calls???

And what will the person be saying on the phone???

Do you have to talk about what Huckabee supports???

Yes its OK to have a foreign accent. :D

I haven't been making calls recently so I will let others answer the next 2 questions.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:25 am 

Here's an alternative script that several people say works alot better. Just substitute Wisconsin for Texas.
http://files.meetup.com/834096/Alternat ... Script.pdf
Just follow the scipt and you'll do an excellent job. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:31 am 
Sergeant

Texan4Huckabee wrote:
Jughead wrote:

You should be able to just sign off when you have the phone numbers page up and sign back on to fill out the information. :D

If you are disconnecting from the internet to make the phonecalls you will want to write the results from each phonecall on a piece of paper because you have to submit each call individually. (When you click "submit" it submits that one call, but erases what you have recorded in each unsubmitted box.) Before you start, just jot the last names down in order, and after each call record the results beside it. When you finish the list, reconnect to the internet; fill out the first box, submit it, fill out the second, submit it, etc.

It can be done this way - it requires a little more time, but the results are worth it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:03 am 
Sergeant

Alright, everyone - it's 9:00 .......let's go!

Does anyone want to set a goal for themselves for today? I'm going to start with a goal of 100 for this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:17 pm 

I'll match it :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm 

Can everyone try to make at least 100 calls today for Governor Huckabee. It will clearly help Governor Huckabee get more votes and it will also help him in the polls. :!:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:43 pm 
***** General

Thank you, Texan4huckabee
will make it work