Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:51 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/0 ... urday.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:52 am 
Captain

He is supposed to be on many shows on Friday than Sat big announcement on his show....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I wonder what's going on?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
This has me intrigued. I didn't think he was close to making a decision, with recent report he would wait till July. I just read that people I thought would back Huckabee are going to back Daniels. Jeb Bush and Haley Barbour backing Daniels make me nervous.

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I don't know; maybe with the huge flop of Romney's recent health care speech, Huckabee may have decided to announce his run now?

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:18 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
That is an interesting thought! I hope he does!

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
It was only a week or two ago that Huckabee stated on his program that he hasn't made up his mind yet. I don't think this announcement will be about him running or not. Though I have no idea what it could be about.

If it is, I think it would lean towards "not". Mainly because I think if he decided that he was running, it would take a little more time to set things up. He has to inform Fox, and they will have to cancel his show. And unless he made the decision almost immediately after the show where he said he hadn't made a decision, the logistics would be a little tough.

Or maybe he's announcing an exploratory committee, and that someone else will be taking over his show for the next 2 weeks or so until he makes a decision?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:36 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
maybe he wants to see how much buzz just the hint of an announcement would create.

I have watched FOX News long enough to know that they often write headlines for upcoming stories that fall far short of the expectation created by the announcement. Like magazine tabloids trying to get you to buy the paper, FOX headlines incite interest to keep you through the commercials, often just to disappoint when reading the article. I know this was Mikes individual announcement and not FOX's but still.... Maybe he wants to promote his Time Travel Academy History Lesson videos.

And I believed Mike when he said he wouldn't announce/make a decision until summer. So I tend to think if it is about running he will announce he isn't. But I have been following Mike and his movements for several years and I just don't believe he will bow out. Maybe the push to get Christie in the race has caused him to decide sooner. The short of it is, I am intrigued as well, inspite of my earlier disclaimer. :pray

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 am 
Colonel

Liked: 1
Quote:
I’m just not sure what he’s going to announce,” Mr. Gidley, a top adviser to the former governor, said. “I know that sounds insincere, but I really don’t.”

Asked whether the announcement would settle the question of Mr. Huckabee’s running, one way or the other, Mr. Gidley said, “that’s an interesting question. He doesn’t throw around ‘I’ve got big announcement’ lingo in a haphazard fashion. But I really don’t know.

I'm gonna go for it and say this is it. Just because of the last paragraph.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... ntial-run/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
If this is it, then I'm not sure I understand why he is making all of his Fox News media appearances on Friday/tonight (Cavuto, O'Reilly, Fox Business) when he wouldn't announce until Saturday night (well I guess Saturday afternoon unless it is a live taping).

Is announcing on his show a good idea?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:59 am 
Colonel

Liked: 1
Maybe he'll be telling the viewers of O'Reilly and Cavuto that he has an announcement on Saturday. In regards to it being a good idea...I don't see how it would be bad idea. Also Saturdays are usually very slow media days so if he announcess on that day then all the news outlets will just be running stories on him. Thats my hypothesis! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:01 pm 
Sergeant

bmk2307 wrote:
If this is it, then I'm not sure I understand why he is making all of his Fox News media appearances on Friday/tonight (Cavuto, O'Reilly, Fox Business) when he wouldn't announce until Saturday night (well I guess Saturday afternoon unless it is a live taping).

Is announcing on his show a good idea?

Well, until he announces he could be in the media as much as he wants without them having to worry about giving equal time to other candidates who demand it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm 
Captain

his facebook say's he's going on O'Reilly to promote the history videos

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I think the only big announcement Huckabee will be making is that History for Kids videos that he has just promoted.

The tweet that he sent out earlier was that he was going on O'Reilly to talk about this new video series.

I bet that is all it is.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Sergeant

dbonhoeffer wrote:
Maybe he'll be telling the viewers of O'Reilly and Cavuto that he has an announcement on Saturday.

I hope not. Well, at least not exclusively. He should speak on issues that he believes may not be addressed enough by media when he's an official candidate.

Quote:
In regards to it being a good idea...I don't see how it would be bad idea. Also Saturdays are usually very slow media days so if he announcess on that day then all the news outlets will just be running stories on him. Thats my hypothesis! :)

I was just thinking that the most horrible idea would be if the big announcement was that he was going to give a future date for "the decision."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Just saw this on twitter, he wouldn't wait til the last 5 minutes of the show, if this was about the videos

Quote:

@mattklewis
Matt Lewis
SOURCE: "Huck will make a major announcement in the last 5 mins of his Fox show tomorrow night, Sat."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I don't really know what to make of this. He's definitely generating buzz intentionally with his talk of making a "major announcement," and I don't think he's the kind of politician to generate buzz and then play, "Gotchya," by making some kind of a non-announcement or by talking about his new history videos, etc.

Also, I still tend to think he's better off staying out a while longer so that he can continue to use his media platforms to the fullest advantage.

However, I did speculate yesterday after listening to Romney's speech that if Huckabee was still on the fence there was almost no way he'd be able to stay there after listening to Mitt self-destruct for all the world to see:

Yesterday cschande wrote:

So, up until today I'd been convinced that Mike hadn't yet made up his mind about whether or not he's running. After that doozie of a speech Mitt gave this afternoon, though, I have to believe Mike just fell off the fence. Hard. Laughing hysterically all the way down.

He's in folks. He can't not be now.

If that's really what happened I call first dibs on calling it! :lol: Haha. But I'm still not sure. All in all I certainly trust his political judgment (not to mention Rollins and his other advisers) and I'll certainly be pumped and ready to hit the ground running (pun intended) if he does announce tomorrow night.

Can't wait!!!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... ntial-run/

Ed Rollin's story keeps changing, does he really have any inside info or not?? UGGhh its so frustrating!

Quote:
It is unclear whether any federal rules would prohibit Mr. Huckabee from making a campaign-related announcement from the perch of his show. But if the decision is that he’s running, he could announce that Saturday is his last show on Fox.

Ed Rollins, a veteran Republican strategist who has served as Mr. Huckabee’s top political adviser, said in an interview Friday that he does not believe Mr. Huckabee will run again.

“I have no idea,” Mr. Rollins said. But he added that the fact that Mr. Huckabee’s top people don’t know what announcement he will make is “pretty indicative that he’s not going to run.”

Over the last several months, Mr. Rollins has been helping Mr. Huckabee to put in place the pieces of a campaign to be ready if he decided to run, Mr. Rollins said.

“There was a tremendous opportunity for him to be a viable, credible candidate,” Mr. Rollins said. “I think Mike has got unique talents but he just didn’t have the fire in the belly. I can’t want it more than the candidate does.”

Mr. Rollins said that “there is a campaign that can be put together in a week. All of the pieces are there.” But he said that in the last two weeks Mr. Huckabee’s family expressed doubts about a run.

“They did not want him to run. I think that had a big impact,” Mr. Rollins said.

In addition, Mr. Rollins said that he did not think Fox News would allow Mr. Huckabee to use the platform of a news show on their network to make an announcement that he is running for president.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:48 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I am pretty sure that this big announcement is about the 2012. Knowing Huckabee, there is no way he would throw around a big announcement just for the history videos. That would be epic trolling in and of itself. I myself would get pissed for being strung around like that just for some history videos.

Speaking of which, the history videos lend us a clue though. Why create those if he is not going to run and stay on Fox News? Legally, he can work a job while campaigning, so this must be his way of securing resources ahead of the game. This is a hypothesis I have been thinking on since the announcements about the video.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:49 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
All the media appearances, just to tell people he's not running? Don't think so, hopefully not.

Btw, I hope Hucksarmy will be open for a while even if Huckabee decides not to run. Want to save some stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next