Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Don't Forget Huckabee"
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:30 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
While listening to the Neal Boortz radio show today, I heard a caller ask him about "top tier candidates Giuliani, Thompson, and whoever" and Neal said, "Don't forget Huckabee!"

I listen to the show everyday, and today was one of the first times I've heard Neal draw attention to Huckabee. It seemed like he was ignoring Huckabee before -- which I thought was strange since Neal Boortz co-authored the FairTax book and Mike Huckabee is the FairTax candidate -- so I was glad to hear what he said today.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:34 pm 
***** General

That's good stuff!

Neal needs to talk more about the Fair Tax plan to his audiences.. it seems like Huckabee is the only guy thats bringing it up..

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
On his radio show today, Sean Hannity is including Huckabee every time he mentions the list of top candidates. He's also interviewing Newt Gingrich today...I hope Huckabee comes up! :wink:

Post subject: Good for Sean!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:01 pm 
Sergeant

I'm glad to hear that about Sean Hannity! After listening to his show last Monday, I was not happy with him. He did not even mention Huckabee last Monday, even after Huck's big win at the Values Summit the previous weekend. Sean had Romney on the show last Monday, and unless I heard it wrong, Sean congratulated him on winning. Since I wasn't sure, I didn't write an angry e-mail to Sean. And since he's talking about Huckabee now, I guess he has redeemed himself.

As for Neal talking about the FairTax, he worked on the second book all last weekend and didn't want to talk about it for awhile after that. I'm sure he'll start talking about it again as much as usual -- and talk about it a lot when the book comes out in February.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:04 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
I called Boortz today and talked to Belinda and asked if they would put Huckabee on the show. That was right after he made the "Don't forget Huckabee!" comment. She said she would tell him I asked.

We'll see. I've heard him mention Huckabee a few times, so we will see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:31 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Wow, simply wow...

I wander... Neal says that he would support Ron Paul if it were not for the fanatics he attracts and if he would change his position on the war. Translation... NOPE Ron Paul you fail!

Neal has been objective about the candidate he supports I've heard him criticize many of the GOP candidates and praise them as well. I think he is inclined to Huckabee though even if he dislikes the values voters.

He has said over and over how stupid he thinks the idea of a value voter is, but of course he talks solely on one issue voters so... anyway I'd love to see Huck on with Neal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:19 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
Like Neal I am a FisCon not a SoCon. I've heard Neal mention Huck over the past three weeks or so when he criticizes the GOP at large for not having big ideas. He says "Everyone except Mike Huckabee..."

Back when Newt had Solutions Day Neal and John Linder led a session on the FairTax and based on what I read elsewhere when they mentioned that Mike Huckabee was running it the group there was very pleased.

Georgia is a Fair Tax state. Mike should do very well here and I'd say he's got a good shot of winning our delegates. But of course we've got to work for it. I will do everything in my power to get Mike a win here on February 5th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:52 am 
**** General

Brian,
I heard the same quote. He does inject that Huckabee has big ideas from time to time.
He is reluctant to talk non-stop about the FairTax. He doesn't want to bore people or give cause to think he is a one issue talkshow. Of course, we FairTax supporters wouldn't care!
Herman Cain filled in for Boortz back on September 10. I recorded the second part of the conversation he had with Huckabee on that show. The quality isn't so hot because my Creative Zen Vision M was being run around my office trying to find the FM signal for our AM talk station. Still kinda cool. I have nothing to edit what I recorded, so it goes on after Huckabee speaks. At least the next caller brings him up again positively! I never uploaded it before now, but since we're on the subject of Boortz, here ya go.
LINK TO AUDIO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:50 am 
***** General

Neal is now on the record: From the reading assignments in Neal's Nuze in posting Mike's response in the WSJ

"Mike Huckabee .. proud of his record in Arkansas. This is the guy I would vote for if the election were held today."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Paul would seem the choice for Boortz since both are Libertarians, so glad to hear this.

Any show Mike can get on is great. I hope it happens with Boortz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:08 pm 
***** General

I just emailed Neal asking him to invite Mike on to his show.

boortz.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:19 pm 
***** General

keneikirk wrote:
Paul would seem the choice for Boortz since both are Libertarians, so glad to hear this.

Any show Mike can get on is great. I hope it happens with Boortz.

Unfortunately for Paul, Boortz agrees with the GOP on foreign policy for the most part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:25 pm 
***** General

Yep.

Paul really shoots himself in the foot by being against any military action related to the war on terror. The majority of people supported going to Afghanistan, but he is even against that. If he simply was against the war in Iraq he might have gotten some traction. I supported the war in Iraq and want to see it completed, but I am just saying that Paul's anti-war position is too extreme in the Republican party.

His other deficiencies are his voice and demeanor causing most people to tune him out. Not saying that is fair, but it is the truth.

Anyway, go Mike!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:30 pm 
Private

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Towards the bottom, on his reading list, he lists a link to Mike's response to the John Fund piece, and writes "This is the guy I would vote for if the election were held today." Let's deluge him with calls/emails and ask him to help get the Huckabee name out there! He could really do much to help the public learn more about Fair Tax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:50 pm 
Sergeant

I just e-mailed Neal and said that I hope he feels the same way on February 5th as he does today. I also asked him to have Huckabee on his show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 am 
***** General

Christian,
Herman Cain is coming to speak at my school next week, and I'll be taking him to and from the airport in Little Rock. I'll see what he says about Huckabee and who he's supporting. I don't know whether or not he has much influence on who gets on Neal's show, but I'll be sure to find out and encourage him to talk up Huckabee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:19 am 
**** General

You lucky son of a gun!
How did you manage to get to pick him up?
What's he speaking for?
Talk and report what you find!
He and Neal are good buddies, so he does have influence. Gingrich also likes Mike and is close to Neal. He doesn't do interviews often, but it doesn't hurt to encourage it.

Post subject: Herman Cain
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:38 am 
Sergeant

Mike Huckabee was on the Herman Cain show last month; but I don't know if he supports Huckabee or not. Please keep us informed!

I hope Herman can talk Neal into having Huckabee on his show, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:40 am 
***** General

Well, here's the deal. My school (Harding University) has a program called the American Studies Institute, of which I am the VP of Public Relations. We bring in distinguished speakers every year to address the faculty and student body. If they're not quite big enough to have their own entourage (Heads of State, etc.), I get to pick them up!

Earlier this semester we brought in Lt. Col. Steve Russell (his unit helped capture Saddam), and not only did I get to pick him up at the airport, I also got to take him out to lunch and then breakfast the next morning. He's a great patriot, and his website http://www.vets4victory gives a very encouraging take of the war in Iraq.

Anyway, I'll definitely be spending at least a couple of hours of solid one-on-one time with Mr. Cain. I'll be plugging Mike the whole way. It looks like he may be leaning towards Romney, if anyone (his most recent article is entitled "Mitt Romney is a Mormon and I am a Baptist: Get Over It!"), but it's still hard to tell.

Mr. Cain will be arriving this coming Thursday, so I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:12 am 
***** General

Thanks cschande!

Be prepared for all the attacks against Huckabee. Just go into the Issues section, Discussion points section and Bad media section and be familiar with the criticism that is common out there (if you aren't already)

Thanks again..
justin

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org